August 2016 Moms

Mild Cramping

Never had this with DD1. Woke up this morning with mild cramping- when I sit or lay down it goes away. Walking around slowly now. No spotting or blood. I am on vacation (flying home tomorrow so hope I feel better for a day of long travel!). I did call my doctor a few minutes ago and they said it's normal to have mild cramping as long as it does not become worse with bleeding of course.

Always nervous of course... especially when I feel things different then I did with my first. But, I know- every pregnancy is different! Anyone else feeling this or felt it and it went away? My 1st appointment is in 8 days.
Lilypie - Eu0n
BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

Re: Mild Cramping

• This is my third and I'm feeling crampy today.  Im going to try to just drink a ton of water and relax. 

• I been like that but just signs of baby growing if you have blood with it then you should be worried but your just fine
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had tons of mild cramping as well.  It is pretty normal. I second drinking water and trying to take it easy (not that easy with a toddler, I know!)

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • I can't stress enough on drinking tons of water. It helped me with those cramps AND stopped my spotting earlier on in my pregnancy.
  • I've been cramping the whole dang time I swear. Dr didn't seem concerned but it did freak me out since I had zero with my 1st.
  • I have had cramping a lot as well. From what my dr said anything that can be controlled with Tylenol is normal!
  • Thanks all... always comforting to hear others having same symptoms! The cramping finally went away by mid afternoon and I've felt fine since.
    Lilypie - Eu0n
    BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
    MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
    BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
    AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

• jacmkelleyjacmkelley member
    edited December 2015
    I have had a lot of cramping this pregnancy, with my DD I don't remember having them as much. I also had a UTI for like 2 weeks before I knew and they told me that cramping and back aches were common with a UTI. So who knows why I actually have them! But, my mom has always said cramping is a good sign, it always reassured her with all three of us. I wouldn't worry yourself unless you are bleeding. You may just be growing!
  • I've had almost consistent mild cramping myself.  From what the midwife was telling me, it is completely normal and is caused by your uterus expanding to accommodate your growing little one.  So nerve wracking, though!
  • Yes, normal. I had it almost daily from weeks 3-6.
  • Im 5 weeks and have daily mild cramps, it freaks me out because I mc'd in oct and the crsmps were not severe. No bleeding yet so Im trying to stay positive.
  • I've been cramping and spotting pretty much this whole pregnancy. With #1, I bled and cramped pretty heavily on and off until about 6 weeks and everything turned out fine. 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Hi! This is my first pregnancy and we couldn't be more excited! I'm at 6 weeks. I've had spotting and was reading thru some comments, I don't drink near enough water, is that the reason for my spotting?
  • Don't worry, I'm 9 weeks and I've had off and on cramping since I found out and it is definitely scary, but it usually goes away after a few minutes