April 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

I waited as patiently as I could, but you're all apparently having much better days than I...

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    Posted this to FB this morning after being woken up by my loving fiancé's blasting rap in the shower this morning instead of letting me sleep... And after checking FB got ANOTHER loving message from a friend who is "concerned about me cloth diapering."

"I'm a little over being told "you're not going to be able to do what you set out to do" when it comes to my pregnancy/newborn. Keep your bs comments to yourself.

I'm not "planning for a natural birth" or "hoping for the best," I'm going to have a meds free birth, and no amount of hearing how badly I'll "beg for an epidural" is going to change my resolve on the matter. (Just makes it sound like you think I'm incapable of doing something I've set my mind to)

I'm not "planning on exclusively breastfeeding," I'm going to exclusively breastfeed. I don't need to pump to do it, and it's seriously none of your business "what I'm planning to do for certain events, or when teeth happen."

I'm not "planning on cloth diapering," I'm going to cloth diaper. Most of the hesitations I've gotten from people are "how much more work they are." (It's two-three more loads of laundry, not the end of the world.) " Blowouts" (Exclusive breastfeeding for the first four minimum months means they won't be having blowouts. BM poop is water soluble, and less likely to disrupt an infant's developing intestinal tract. Science is in my favor.) Also, not that most people who are against it have bothered to do any personal research, cloth diapering has changed a LOT since the days of prefolds (that's what the white cloth squares are called FYI) and safety pins. An entire industry is devoted to making cloth diapering as easy as possible for moms, and after doing *gasp* actual research on it, I'm fairly certain "I" know what to expect, and what "I" can handle.

The most annoying part of this post is most of the people who are giving me such shit lately haven't had a kid in over twenty years, or don't even have kids! The people in my life who've recently had kids, don't interject their opinions constantly. Maybe because they were bombarded with nonsense negativity recently, and don't feel the need to spread it? One of the biggest parts of my personality is not asking for advice if I don't want it. No. I don't care what your opinion is. All I get out of it is something to bitch about to Matt later. Aka: "Can you believe so and so said this to me today? I mean wtf?""
  • Options
    Posted this to FB this morning after being woken up by my loving fiancé's blasting rap in the shower this morning instead of letting me sleep... And after checking FB got ANOTHER loving message from a friend who is "concerned about me cloth diapering." "I'm a little over being told "you're not going to be able to do what you set out to do" when it comes to my pregnancy/newborn. Keep your bs comments to yourself. I'm not "planning for a natural birth" or "hoping for the best," I'm going to have a meds free birth, and no amount of hearing how badly I'll "beg for an epidural" is going to change my resolve on the matter. (Just makes it sound like you think I'm incapable of doing something I've set my mind to) I'm not "planning on exclusively breastfeeding," I'm going to exclusively breastfeed. I don't need to pump to do it, and it's seriously none of your business "what I'm planning to do for certain events, or when teeth happen." I'm not "planning on cloth diapering," I'm going to cloth diaper. Most of the hesitations I've gotten from people are "how much more work they are." (It's two-three more loads of laundry, not the end of the world.) " Blowouts" (Exclusive breastfeeding for the first four minimum months means they won't be having blowouts. BM poop is water soluble, and less likely to disrupt an infant's developing intestinal tract. Science is in my favor.) Also, not that most people who are against it have bothered to do any personal research, cloth diapering has changed a LOT since the days of prefolds (that's what the white cloth squares are called FYI) and safety pins. An entire industry is devoted to making cloth diapering as easy as possible for moms, and after doing *gasp* actual research on it, I'm fairly certain "I" know what to expect, and what "I" can handle. The most annoying part of this post is most of the people who are giving me such shit lately haven't had a kid in over twenty years, or don't even have kids! The people in my life who've recently had kids, don't interject their opinions constantly. Maybe because they were bombarded with nonsense negativity recently, and don't feel the need to spread it? One of the biggest parts of my personality is not asking for advice if I don't want it. No. I don't care what your opinion is. All I get out of it is something to bitch about to Matt later. Aka: "Can you believe so and so said this to me today? I mean wtf?""
    My sister's boyfriend is the one who has given me the most grief regarding CD. Someone who has never even TOUCHED a CD. I finally lost my shit on him and now when he has an opinion he says "I don't want to piss off the pregnant lady" as if that's more helpful. lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yodiggityyodiggity member
    edited December 2015
    My WTF Wednesday goes out to my mom on behalf of my sister. 

My sister is having a D&C today. My mom offered to drive her. Instead, she shows up with my stepdad to pick her up and now my sister is going to have this invasive/somewhat embarrassing procedure done with my stepdad. She's a bit mortified and pissed. This is normal for my mom. She constantly *offers* to do things for us and then my stepdad ends up doing them because she's lazy.
  • Options
    @Knottie9983816 the only thing I can add here is that I do say that I'm planning a med-free birth and planning on breastfeeding, simply because I can't predict whether I'll have any milk or need a CS. If they're cutting me open, I want all the drugs. Also, everyone I talk to says pumping is way harder than bfing, so if you're happy to be available to your kid 24/7 that's theoretically the easier route. DH wouldn't agree to CDing so j have no I put there! I can see someone maybe saying something once, but more than that is rude and obnoxious. I'm still mystified that pregnancy suddenly makes every choice we make open to critique from literally everyone we know.

My WTF goes to the state of Iowa. I generally hate you, IA (as any good Sconnie should), but your nasty weather slowing my road trip back to Texas makes me wish you had a throat to punch. I despise you.
  • Options
    My wtf goes to myself. Why am I suddenly having the blues? I feel down man.

• Options
    @yodiggity Your poor sister, I can only imagine... I usually take those type of comments with a "good. You really don't" as a follow up...

@AmadorRose I'm going to do what I can to have a meds free birth, and like you, if shit happens, it happens. Roll with the punches! I'm going to SAHM, and we won't be doing any large events or traveling or anything until November. Theoretically it should be fine...
  • Options
    Also WTF Georgia! I am sick of this fucking rain. I currently have paper towels stuffed in my shoes because I must've step in ever single puddle on the way in from my car this morning.  I need to invest in rain boots.
  • Options
    WTF holy hormones. Yesterday I was a blubbering mess. Can't watch TV shows without crying, can't deal with Dd and her clingy behavior without crying.

Also WTF coworkers. Why was it so 8mportant I come in to work instead of working from home? There is no one here! Why did I let you guilt trip me??
  • Options
    @Knottie9983816 mothers are a force to be reckoned with. DH only got final say in CDing because he'll probably SAHD while doing online classes through basically her whole diaper phase.
  • Options
    yodiggity said:

Also WTF Georgia! I am sick of this fucking rain. I currently have paper towels stuffed in my shoes because I must've step in ever single puddle on the way in from my car this morning.  I need to invest in rain boots.

I'll second this. Luckily I don't have to walk outside at all unless you count the bridge from the parking deck to the hospital outside. I also don't understand why every time it rains, drivers completely lose their shit here. It's Georgia, not the Sahara. You people have seen rain!

I'm going to WTF people at work for telling me I look big for how far along I am. Not ok.

Also to my body. DD2 is not squishing my ribs, they should not hurt. Neither should my back because I'm back to a comfy bed and I said so.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wtf sleep WHY do you keep evading me?! I could not sleep longer than an hour straight last night. DD2 was kicking me. My eyes were bothering me so I had to take my contacts out. DHs elbow was in my back. I couldn't turn my brain off thinking about planning my friend's baby shower. DH was breathing too loudly. DD1 started stirring over an hour before finally waking up at 7:15. So now I am SO tired, and I know I won't be lucky enough to get another 3+ hour nap out of DD1 today...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

@knottie9983816 Yay for you standing up for yourself to your peeps! I really hope they STFU now coz NOBODY deserves to get shit on like that because of the choices they want to make for their kid. FTR I'd totally do CD if I had my husband on board since he's SAHD on the weekdays (but he's lazy when it comes to laundry). And cloth diapers are so cute. And my aunt did exclusively breastfeeding and did not use a pump for two years. Your choices do not affect others. If I had as much grief as you did with your choices for your baby I would have said to them, "It's funny you all think you have a say in how I raise my kid," followed by a bunch of memes.

My WTF goes out to my coworkers. I'm so sick and tired of the fucking comments about my looking tired. Just because I'm pregnant does not give you the right to comment on my looks. I'm really considering on investing in some makeup because I'm so over it. I want to throat punch someone.

Also WTF to people who are commenting on me "starting to look pregnant." I'm fat. So now I'm fat and pregnant looking. Thanks, that makes me feel so much better. So basically I look tired, fat and pregnant.

WTF to the city not closing anything yesterday after having the biggest snow storm in 5 years (not to mention also our first snow of the year). Majority of the city (including myself) got stuck on the road because they did not plow any side streets until later that night. Really appreciate risking my life getting to work yesterday.

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    yodiggity said:

yodiggity said:

I'll second this. Luckily I don't have to walk outside at all unless you count the bridge from the parking deck to the hospital outside. I also don't understand why every time it rains, drivers completely lose their shit here. It's Georgia, not the Sahara. You people have seen rain!

I'm going to WTF people at work for telling me I look big for how far along I am. Not ok.

Also to my body. DD2 is not squishing my ribs, they should not hurt. Neither should my back because I'm back to a comfy bed and I said so.

And those fuckers who drive in the left lane on the interstate with their hazards on. If you are so scared of the rain that you need to put on your flashers GET OUT OF THE LEFT LANE!!

Texas is terrible for this. WTF assholes? I understand freaking out about snow, though it's never more than a light dusting, but how hard is it to pay attention and adjust your speed according to the weather?!?
  • Options
    WTF Work cafe. Why isn't my Calzone done? I ordered it for 12:45 but it's 1:15 and no calzone. 
  • Options
    yodiggity said:
    WTF Work cafe. Why isn't my Calzone done? I ordered it for 12:45 but it's 1:15 and no calzone. 
    They probably had to go out in the back and milk the cow the cheese came from and harvest the wheat to make the pastry.

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    I went down to get it and it was a pizza. WTF! Also, I would have just eaten it cause whatevs but it looked like a hot mess. Apparently, the ovens went out while my pizza was in there so it stopped cooking then restarted cooking. Gross. and probably not food safe. So I had to reorder it and wait longer. 
  • Options
    My ILs may lose their house because some employee at their bank screwed everything up, so it looks like they haven't made payments in over 6 months to their mortgage when they've actually been paying an agreed modified payment each month...

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    WTF CVS? I finally get up the courage to get my flu shot, and you're making me wait until the next pharmacist comes on duty?! I understand and appreciate the rationale, since the pharmacist on duty right now feels a little under the weather and doesn't want to stick me while she herself is possibly sick... but do you know how much panicking I'm capable of doing between now and 3:00? This was so much easier when it was an off-the-cuff decision.  

At least I've got another pregnant and needle-phobic friend going in today for hers... solidarity doesn't lower my blood pressure any, but she will at least keep me accountable. If she's gotta do it, I've gotta do it.
  • Options
    AGK2015 said:
    WTF CVS? I finally get up the courage to get my flu shot, and you're making me wait until the next pharmacist comes on duty?! I understand and appreciate the rationale, since the pharmacist on duty right now feels a little under the weather and doesn't want to stick me while she herself is possibly sick... but do you know how much panicking I'm capable of doing between now and 3:00? This was so much easier when it was an off-the-cuff decision.  

At least I've got another pregnant and needle-phobic friend going in today for hers... solidarity doesn't lower my blood pressure any, but she will at least keep me accountable. If she's gotta do it, I've gotta do it.
    I'm sure it's all the same but I'd rather get mind done through my OB.
  • Options
    My OB office was fine with me getting one wherever I wanted, @yodiggity. It's a company wide policy that we get one so when work did a free clinic in October, I was all over it. A nurse for one of my favorite orthopedic surgeons did it. She does my TB tests too. She rocks and it never hurts! Haha
  • Options
    kalanieileenkalanieileen member
    edited December 2015
    My WTF goes out to State Farm insurance. They have accepted liability for my car accident and now they are giving me the run around. I feel like the adjuster is so laissez-faire about sending someone to check my car, let me know whether they want to fix or total it!

I feel like they want to low ball me on my medical expenses, with an ambulance fee and multiple ultrasounds to check on LO and ER stay. Her response was "well you can just ball park a figure or we can just offer you a number" so blah.

I'm on hold now for 20 minutes waiting to speak to someone about getting a rental for when I do go back to work.

Perhaps I'm overreacting but I genuinely feel like I'm being tossed around here! Wtf!

ETA: I was on hold to end up on an answering machine! Go figure!
  • Options
     fkalanieileen said:
    My WTF goes out to State Farm insurance. They have accepted liability for my car accident and now they are giving me the run around. I feel like the adjuster is so laissez-faire about sending someone to check my car, let me know whether they want to fix or total it! I feel like they want to low ball me on my medical expenses, with an ambulance fee and multiple ultrasounds to check on LO and ER stay. Her response was "well you can just ball park a figure or we can just offer you a number" so blah. I'm on hold now for 20 minutes waiting to speak to someone about getting a rental for when I do go back to work. Perhaps I'm overreacting but I genuinely feel like I'm being tossed around here! Wtf!
    Aww and State Farm is usually so great (for me anyway). I would NOT ballpark a figure. How are you even suppose to know that? 
  • Options
    @kalanieileen I would throw a fit!
  • Options
    @yodiggity my thoughts exactly!!

@fbanke42 haha! I should shouldn't I. Maybe that will put a little pep in their step!
  • Options

@kalanieileen I would throw a fit!

I left the representative a voicemail. I wanted to be so petty but I restrained myself. Instead I made it very abrupt with a stern tone. Hah hopefully he hears I mean business!

My mother has lawyer friends, she worked at the superior courthouse in our town for over 20 years. I'm waiting on one of them to give me their counsel.
  • Options
    This is a total brat moment for me. Forewarning.

WTF timing and road trips.

Exactly ONE month after I am expected to give birth, my family is road tripping to Arkansas (9 hours each way, not including baby stops and potty breaks) to spread my grandmother's ashes across this lake she grew up on. 

ONE month after that, my sister (who *just* got engaged a week ago btw) is getting married on a beach, in South Georgia, in June. 

There is entirely too many things going on in the first half of my 2016 and I want it to slow down.
  • Options
    @yodiggity that's a long ass road trip with a newborn. And I feel your pain; my sister is getting married exactly one month after my due date. I'm expected to attend the wedding, 18 hours away. Family sucks sometimes.
  • Options
    @yodiggity that's a long ass road trip with a newborn. And I feel your pain; my sister is getting married exactly one month after my due date. I'm expected to attend the wedding, 18 hours away. Family sucks sometimes.
    I hope I'm not expected to be in the wedding. 
  • Options
    yodiggity said:

It wouldn't even be an honor at that point. How would you even know what size dress to order?!?
  • Options
    It wouldn't even be an honor at that point. How would you even know what size dress to order?!?
    I have no clue. lol maybe since it's a beach wedding it'll be somewhat casual.
  • Options
    @Jodiggity What is with people and short engagements? I've always thought 12+ months between engagement and wedding was perfect. It gives you time to plan, save money, collect, have things come in (since bridesmaid dresses can take a million years to come in). My BFF had a 9 month engagement and she felt like that was too short. Mine was exactly a year. That's just me though. I was also against having a wedding and wanting to just elope that summer XD

Anniversary

• Options
    @fbanke42 - Easy! The less time that elapses between the engagement and the wedding, the less pressure people put on you to do things their way, the less time you have to agonize over every decision, and the less drama you have to deal with over Every. Single. Thing. I had a two-week engagement, and wouldn't have it any other way! I had literally not a single moment of stress over anything wedding-related. And anybody who had any objections to our plans had zero time to tell me about them, which (given that it was my wedding, not theirs) I felt no guilt over.

Sorry you're feeling the stress on this one, though, @yodiggity
  • Options
    @AGK2015 I wanted to elope, so then there wouldn't be any stress or planning required. I don't think I could have made all of the things that I did in a 2 week span. Having the wedding that quickly after the engagement must have kept people on their toes.

Anniversary

• Options
    I feel ya @AGK2015. We got engaged in December; set a date (Aug), ordered dresses (same color any style) and booked the church in Feb; and started really planning in June after my sister's graduation and SILs wedding. I can't imagine the stress of longer - my cousin got engaged in Sep and is hoping for a mid-summer 2017 wedding because of the craziness of finding a large venue in St Paul for less than $5-10k and is already super stressed. I understand location often decides how much time you need, but I felt like 8 months was too much.
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    A bit late, but wtf mil?? She always asks me if I've picked out the baby's bedding yet. Even though I've told her a million times no, and that I'm not doing anything in the nursery till after the holidays. We had dinner with her last night. And she brought it up again! She said people need to know our colors/themes so they can get stuff for my upcoming baby shower in January. I asked her what type of things? She said people usually put bedding and other decor stuff in registries so people can buy matching sheets and curtains and lamps and other decor stuff. I told her (again, omg!) that dh and I are taking care of the nursery, and I told her that I created a registry with items like a play mat, bouncer, swaddle blankets, onesies, bath accessories, bottles, etc... I don't understand why she can't understand this? To be honest I don't want a baby shower, but her sisters are giving me one, which is super nice and generous. But I don't need a party for people to buy me lamps and rugs or other room decor?? She thinks that I should put everything on a registry, so other people can buy it for me (and yes, she said this to me). And also she sent me the guest list to review, and there were a lot of people on it that Ive never met, like dh's cousin's gf. Never met her, met the cousin maybe once? So no, I dont want to invite strangers to my baby shower to buy me presents, and likely they will never see me again and never see the baby. To me, that comes across as gift grabby. She is driving me crazy!!
  • Options
    fbanke42 said:
    @Jodiggity What is with people and short engagements? I've always thought 12+ months between engagement and wedding was perfect. It gives you time to plan, save money, collect, have things come in (since bridesmaid dresses can take a million years to come in). My BFF had a 9 month engagement and she felt like that was too short. Mine was exactly a year. That's just me though. I was also against having a wedding and wanting to just elope that summer XD
    I agree. 6 months is just not long enough IMO. I think she's trying to get knocked up asap. She had her IUD removed a week after I announced my pregnancy.