March 2015 Moms
Options

Ten month old up all night

I need any help I can get! Baby had been sleeping all night 7:30-5:30, then 6-7 since 2 months old except for growth spurts etc..... Now since about 7 months I have been up ALL NIGHT most nights. It is very very rare I can sleep longer than 45 minutes in a stretch. It is now 5am and I have been up since 11:30 for the 6th night in a row. Crying it out is not something I wanted to do, but I have my doubts it will work, the last 4 nights every Tim I laid him in the crib he went ballistic. I'm so frustrated especially where he used to sleep. My cousins baby was a HORRIBLE sleeper and at ten months started sleeping 7-8am! I'm going backwards. Like he sleeps far worse than he did when we came home from the hospital!!!
I'm not so sure he needs to be nursing at 5am either but he still wakes up to nurse then. I'm completely frustrated and feel lost and don't have the slightest idea what the right thing to do is. The worst part is that I found out I am pregnant again and I feel like I am so worthless as a mother to this first baby, how can I be trusted with two...

Re: Ten month old up all night

• Options
    Don't feel like you are worthless!!! Babies are seriously a mystery!! My 9 month old is sleeping well as of now, but it's constantly a roller coaster depending on growth spurts, teething, etc. I know how you feel, it's so hard and frustrating trying to find what works. During the day does he make up for the sleep he's missing at night? How are his naps going? Have you talked to your ped about it to rule out heartburn, acid reflux, etc? Hang in there, it'll pass. I know I'm not much help, just wanted to let you know you're not alone.
  • Options
    My baby is doing the same thing at 10 months. Nursing is not working either, I think it is because he is teething. Don't feel worthless. This is my third child and I still don't know what to do!! Its normal. Just stay calm mama, it will work out. Try to nap when baby does, I am sure you are exhausted being pregnant too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you think your baby might have an ear infection? That is usually the reason my little guy doesn't sleep well.
  • Options
    Ugh. It is still happening... I don't think he has an ear infection.... It's 5 am and I am still up. Plus I feel terrible because I let him cry for ten minutes bloody murder because I had to go out of the doom before I lost it. My husband is terrible when he is woken up and we just got in a huge argument because he was cranky about us waking him up and I was upset because he's not supportive at all. He started teething at 6 months, and he has 7 teeth now. The 8th one is being stubborn and I don't see it but he has drool by the buckets and seems tobe grabbing St his mouth. Only strange thing is that he seems to be chewing his fingers where his molars would be but that 8th tooth isn't even swollen!

I feel bad because I'm at my wits end and he used to sleep all night so I'm starting to think about how I can't imagine having another child when I feel like I can't look after this one!!
  • Options
    Ha. Yep. My 10 month old is up every 2.5 hours, religiously. Him crying it out isn't an option, as I have a million other kids that have to get up for school. And my baby will not back down. No way. No how. It's just become a part of my life. Oh and I'm pregnant again too. Lol. It sure is fun
  • Options
    Ugh. This sucks lol. I went to the doctor after being pressured into checking to rule out an ear infection by my mil and we picked up a nice fever of 103 from that waiting room lol. So
    Now I'm on day 3 of a huge fever...... At this rate he will still be getting up while in fighting with a newborn!
  • Options
    It gets better! We had some trouble with #2 not sleeping. Then we figured out the temp in his room was too cold for him. It sounded silly to me, but it made a huge difference. 
  • Options
    This is getting ridiculous. Now I feel mean because it is 4am and I have yet to go to sleep. He is in there screaming bloody murder. This has to stop, my husband actually left us last week saying he isn't happy anymore and doesn't want to be here. This is taking a serious toll. I feel like a complete incompetent parent.