December 2015 Moms
Options

C-section tomorrow morning!

The time has finally arrived. It's my turn tomorrow to have a baby. This will be my 3rd c-section, and I'm extremely nervous. But not about the surgery surprisingly. I'm extremely nervous about feeling sick on the table. I have anxiety, and when I get super nervous I end up making myself nauseous and will end up getting sick. Also, getting the spinal can make your blood pressure drop which can bring on nausea too. I plan on addressing my concerns with both my doctor and anesthesiologist to see what we can do to make this as pleasant as possible. So for c-section mom's out there what are your tips for anxiety during the procedure? Also, did your doctor give you anything to relax you? From what I've gathered online they don't like to give anything for anxiety until the baby is out, but that's just according to Google and we know Google can fool us. Any anxiety tips will be appreciated. I keep telling my husband being cut open doesn't bother me (weird huh?) But I have a ginormous fear of being nauseous and getting sick.

Positive vibes will be appreciated :)

Re: C-section tomorrow morning!

• Options
    Gingermom15Gingermom15 member
    edited December 2015
    I don't have any advice because I was put under for mine. Just want to say good luck tomorrow! Everything will go smooth and you will have the baby in your arms before you know it. Keep us updated when you can :)
  • Options
    I had my scheduled c section today! As soon as I told them that I was feeling nauseated they immediately were able to give me something to get rid of it. They had it all ready to go and were just waiting for me to tell them I wasn't feeling well. It worked so fast! I hope it works out that well for you! I'd say definitely voice your concerns before going in is a good plan. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I warned them ahead of time that I got nauseous with my last c-section, so they were prepared and gave me something as soon as I gave them the sign.
  • Options
    With my 2nd they had Zofran on standby. So I'm confident they will do that again if I ask. Just nervous! I'm sure I'll be just fine :-)
  • Options
    They're used to it, just let them know if you start to feel sick or even beforehand so they can give you a dose to keep the Ick feeling from starting. I had a c-section but ended up getting sick. They gave me something after and I felt fine the rest of the surgery
  • Options
    So I'm having a c section in the morning (I just found out this morning) and I was wondering how long people stayed in the hospital. I know I have 5 days, but I wondered what was a reasonable time frame. I'm nervous. I really would love to recover at home. I will of course do whatever they tell me, but the only person I know who had one, left AMA after less then 24 hours. So looking for, you know, someone who isn't crazy!!!
  • Options
    @stephaniearthurs I had a c-section on a Tuesday night and went home that Friday morning. They would have let me stay another day, but I was feeling good and ready to get home. Take your pain meds and get up and moving as soon as you can to gauge how you're feeling!