Breastfeeding
Options

Gift bag for new mom

Hi everyone! I'm sorry to post this here, but it looks like the other boards are pretty dead these days! A friend of mine just had her baby at 32 weeks. Baby will be in the NICU for at least 5 weeks. I would like to put together a little gift basket for mom and looking for some ideas of what to put in it. I was thinking some snacks and gift cards to food places near the hospital. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Re: Gift bag for new mom

• Options
    That's a really sweet idea. Maybe you could also offer to do things like clean her kitchen, do laundry, etc, depending how close you are as friends. She may literally only go home to sleep and come right back every day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

That's a really sweet idea. Maybe you could also offer to do things like clean her kitchen, do laundry, etc, depending how close you are as friends. She may literally only go home to sleep and come right back every day.

Thanks for the ideas! Unfortunately we live about an hour and a half away and we also have a newborn and 2 year old, so this would be difficult. It's a great idea, though! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My sister gave me some new pajamas after my baby was born. After a difficult labor and delivery, i appreciated them so much!
  • Options
    Maybe a nice reusable water bottle?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My sister gave me some new pajamas after my baby was born. After a difficult labor and delivery, i appreciated them so much!

I second this or some clothes that are comfy that she can wear to the hospital to visit LO. My SIL bought me some tall and curvy leggings after my baby was born and I could seriously wear them everyday.
  • Options
    Healthy snack food like bear naked bars, trail mix, etc. Gas gift card? Also maybe something to pamper herself with like a manicure set? I'd imagine she spends a lot of time there and something to pass the time is nice. Maybe also some books to read, both for her and then books to read to baby? You are sweet for doing this!
  • Options
    Thank you so much for all of your ideas!! Very helpful :) and thank you for letting me post here, as I know it isn't breastfeeding related!
  • Options
    I second pyjamas (or nice and comfy lounge wear) and a LARGE reusable water bottle. Socks or slippers and new bed sheets might also be nice. What a great friend you are!
  • Options
    CJS2011 said:

Thanks for the ideas! Unfortunately we live about an hour and a half away and we also have a newborn and 2 year old, so this would be difficult. It's a great idea, though! :)
    Would she appreciate a one time cleaning service? I definitely think you have to know the individual because some people aren't comfortable with others in their house cleaning, but you could give here a gift certificate for a local cleaning company.