1st Trimester

Letrozole/Femara

Hi Ladies... I will be starting a second round of letrozole this month...just looking to hear some positive stories from other women who have take this medication! And just FYI I have pcos which is why I'm taking the letrozole. I figured this would be the best place to post this...Thanks!

Re: Letrozole/Femara

• Each person is different. I never responded to femara at all. So they switched me to clomid.
  • I also have PCOS, and completed 3 cycles of letrozole, followed by the HCG trigger shot and timed intercourse. The meds "worked" in the sense that I ovulated, and then got a period since my hubby's little swimmer didn't connect with my eggs. Then, we tried the same meds, but this time followed by an IUI and I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant! Good luck to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • llc418llc418 member
    edited December 2015
    Thanks for your response...my doctors haven't mentioned IUI yet... since this will be my second cycle on the meds I wonder if they will discuss It...
  • mfalonemfalone member
    edited January 2016
    I got pregnant after 3 cycles of Femara and timed intercourse. I also have PCOS.
  • llc418  (lurking from 2nd tri).  I have pcos. My first pregnancy was twins from my first cycle of letrozole and ovidrel shot, after having not responded to clomid for 3 cycles.  This pregnancy was spontaneous (crazy).  Good Luck to you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• I have PCOS as well. I have a 7 year old daughter that was conceived on my second round of femera/ovidril while taking metformin. I did not ovulate on clomid. I am now pregnant again after my first round of femera/ovidril with metformin. I did get pregnant on my own immediately after going off nc, but had two miscarriages. Hopefully metformin helps with that! Good luck to you. Femera for me has been a wonder drug. Oh, and per my dr recommendation I had been taking pregnitude.