September 2016 Moms
Options

GTKY: Where are you from?

Where do you live, and what's your favorite thing about it? Bonus for photos/gifs!

Re: GTKY: Where are you from?

• Options
    I'm from Vermont, I love the autumn here and having lots of room to spread out! I also really enjoy the food...cheese, Ben & Jerry's, and maple everything!

• Options
    reesaXdenreesaXden member
    edited December 2015
    I'm from Indiana! Normally, I would say I love all four seasons, I love the changes! But..... This year has been so screwed up!! It's been up to 70 at one point this month! What the heck?! I want my cold temps and snow.... Until March.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm from Northern California and I love the weather! And there's so much to do and such great food!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I am from WA state. It's amazing here. I'm 30 min from mountains, 30 min from lakes, 30 min from salt water, an hour from the ocean, an hour and a half from a big city. It's the perfect place. Great food, great beer and amazing wine
  • Options
    Denver over here! I'm originally from the east coast, so being in such a laid back, friendly city has been great. I love that we're surrounded by nature and I get to see the mountains every single day.
  • Options
    I live in Tennessee and love it! The scenery is beautiful and I love the warmer weather.

• Options
    I'm from North Carolina. Go duke!  My favorite thing about my state is the basketball rivalries!

We said goodbye to our sweet Taylor Ashley on August 8, 2012.We lost baby Noelle on May 1, 2015

Mom to Cam and Al, now expecting baby number 3, August 2016. Praying for lots of sticky baby dust!
  • Options
    FL girl here.

I love being able to see the sun all the time! B)

• Options
    foxxytwtfoxxytwt member
    edited December 2015
    I live just over the border of PA in Delaware were trying too be to pa soon, were looking at a house on Thursday. I also lived in ma for three years prior to ds. Edited to add I love the four seasons and that you can drive to the beach, mountains and city within a few short hours
  • Options
    Im from small town Canada! And I just plain love it
  • Options
    Arkansas here. Love the outdoor actives, relaxed atmosphere, and lots of southern charm!
    BFP #1  6/26/15, D&C 8/14/15
    BFP #2  12/22/15, EDD 9/1/16  :)
  • Options
    I am from New Jersey. I love being close tot the city and the beach!
  • Options
    CA girl over here. Currently in Northern California near San Francisco!
  • Options
    I'm in Cincinnati. And I can't think of anything I love about it lol.
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    NJ here too! Upper Bergen Co.!
  • Options
    noelani42noelani42 member
    edited December 2015

We are in the Bay Area too @mom2adoodle :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    Central NJ
  • Options
    I'm from southern WI originally but have lived in the Chicago suburbs for the past 10 years. I love the food here - so much better than small town WI - and that we're also relatively close to all of our family still in WI too!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DH and I are both originally from CA and now live in Missouri. I wouldn't say we love it, but both of our parents moved here also.
    Married since 9/2014
    TTC since 7/2015
    BFP 12/24/2015 Miscarriage 3/4/2015 at 14 weeks
    Baby Girl BFP 9/10/2016 EDD 5/23/17  

• Options
    I'm from Northwest Ohio..and I can't stand it!!! The city I'm in is going downhill very fast! The only reason we are still here is our families. We are looking into moving a little more south or even more north into MI. We lived in WA a few years back and LOVED it! We moved back once we found out we were expecting DD and Ive dreamed about moving back ever since. I don't think I can convince my entire family to move there, so I guess we are stuck here lol.
    BFP 12/26/10 EDD 9/2/11 Peyton Marie born 9/9/11 BFP Chart
    BFP #2 12/26/2015 ~ EDD 9/9/16 ~ 1st HCG 23dpo- 2255 ~ 2nd HCG 25dpo-
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @sareej521 I am from Canada too :) I am French-Canadian and live in Toronto.

Not many other from Canada here yet...
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• Options
    sareej521sareej521 member
    edited December 2015
    We're in MB and I was thinking the same thing @Alyeena!
  • Options
    Emillz5Emillz5 member
    edited December 2015
    I'm from Oklahoma! I love it just because I grew up here, and everyone is usually really nice and friendly around here. But I don't love the crazy weather
  • Options
    I'm from New Orleans and I love our rich culture and festivals!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    noelani42 said:

We are in the Bay Area too @mom2adoodle :)

Awesome! Bay Area mommies unite :) 
  • Options
    ssimon621 said:
    I'm from New Orleans and I love our rich culture and festivals!
    I love NOLA! I spent time in Savannah, GA and while there I visited your fine city and loved it. So much great food and music!
  • Options
    mali0902mali0902 member
    edited December 2015
    Connecticut here!

Edit for gif fail
  • Options
    I live in Greenville Ohio...still getting use to this place after 2 years of being here (originally from Las Vegas) I guess I like that I'm a short drive to Chicago ha
  • Options
    Born and raised in Chicago. Now we live in a suburb just outside of Chicago.
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @LizC Hello from the Northwest Suburbs! :) Happy to "meet" a fellow Chicagoland Bumpie!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm originally from a small town called Vandergrift, PA, but when I joined the Navy and met DH and got out of the Navy, I wound up in El Paso, where DH (he's in the Army) is stationed. I actually hate the city itself, the weather is terrible and many of the people are standoffish, especially if you don't speak Spanish. But the food is great around here, and they have a great pole fitness studio to feed my pole workout addiction!
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I live in Northern Utah but have California roots
  • Options
    I'm from the Chicagoland area and while the weather is not why we choose to stay, we are so lucky to have family here which I why I love it. DH and I both have large extended families and all are in the various suburbs (siblings, cousins, aunts, everyone). This means several large family get togethers over the holiday so I feel like I'm still in recovery mode from running around but wouldn't change it.
  • Options
    I live in NS, Canada.

#1 DS Apr.2010    #2 DD Feb.2013    #3 DS Sept.2016

• Options
    Rhode Island, though we've only been here about a year and a half. We were in NC before that.

• Options
    New York (upstate) here!! Born and raised so there are plenty of family members and friends around. Not the greatest weather, but this winter has been kind to us so far!
  • Options
    I'm from Vermont and live deep in the woods. My favorite part is the solitude and the mountains. I'm a 6th gen. Vermonter and I have no plans on leaving, even though I absolute detest winter.