1st Trimester

pregnancy brain

Hello there :) I've never posted in here before... hope you dont mind, but I had a quick question.
Do you have "pregnancy brain " and if so when did it start ?
I'm still in my TWW but I keep forgetting minor stuff... where I put my phone.. where I took my sweater off at.. where's my glasses. And it seems I can't spell to save my life anymore. Just these past couple days. My period is due on the 3rd so let's see what happens. But I never forget things this much. Like ever lol. So the only thing I can come up with is
1. Pregnancy brain
2.Period symptom ? ( expect I've never heard of this so called symptom and it's never happened to me )
3. Or lastly it might be ... ( just now I literally had a third possibly but I can't remember lmao! )
Anyway..... what's your thoughts ? I'm losing my mind !

Re: pregnancy brain

• Jyoung327Jyoung327 member
    edited December 2015
    This is a weird way to ask if we think you are pregnant, which is against the rules.

Eta: no, haven't experienced it now or prior to knowing I was pregnant for any of my pregnancies.
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • I didnt ask if I was pregnant, my question was how early did your "pregnancy brain" start ( if your experienced it.). I am wondering if I'm pregnant. .. BUT I'm aware it's against the rules that's why I didn't actually ask. I just asked a harmless little question instead.
    But thank you for your answer, I appreciate it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I didnt ask if I was pregnant, my question was how early did your "pregnancy brain" start ( if your experienced it.). I am wondering if I'm pregnant. .. BUT I'm aware it's against the rules that's why I didn't actually ask. I just asked a harmless little question instead.
    But thank you for your answer, I appreciate it.

A quick Google search says that pregnancy brain can be attributed to the huge surge in pregnancy hormones that impact brain functioning, sleep deprivation, and a lack of focus on everyday things due to a hyper-focus on baby-related things. If in fact you are experiencing "pregnancy brain" and it's actually because you are pregnant, just like any pregnancy "symptom", then you should be able to turn a positive pregnancy test. So, easy way to find out is just test.
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • I honestly don't remember when pregnancy brain began. But I did get it at some point during my first pregnancy, and it slowly morphed into baby brain after I gave birth. My brain has not been the same since before I got pregnant for the first time two Julys ago!
  • there isn't really a set time in pregnancy for symptoms to start or stop. i have no idea when exactly pregnancy brain started. what you're experiencing could be pregnancy brain i guess, but you could also just be being forgetful.

i agree with @ecwk & try getting extra sleep or caffeine.
  • Usually later in 1st trimester, like 8 to 9 weeks.
  • I think pregnancy brain is from the extreem exhaustion. It's a lot of work making a human . But some people work more efficiently being fatigued than others. Like for me I had "prego brain" at the beginning of 5 weeks because I am one of those people that shuts down when I'm extremely fatigued or don't get the full 8 hours of sleep and I've always been that way .
  • I don't know when it started for me but it's definitely been at its worst this week (I'm 9w3d). Yesterday, I forgot my work laptop at home and had to go all the way back and get it. Then, I got to work, and realized I left it in my car! I forgot my lunch once this week too. It has been a spacey week for me.
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
  • Seriously, if you're pregnant enough to I have symptoms, you can turn a test. Just take a test.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers