May 2016 Moms
Options

Random Thread Week of 12/28

Okay, I think we should have a weekly random thread.  Sometimes there are things we'd like to chat about, but don't really want to dedicate an entire thread to it.  By starting a fresh random thread every week, it won't become a monster with thousands of pages.

Post away!

Re: Random Thread Week of 12/28

• Options
    Perfect thread!!

-DD was a bear last night. 3 exciting days in a row with very little naps made her very hard to deal with. She's been napping for 2.5 hrs. I have no intention of waking her up anytime soon.

-There is nothing worse than a cold while pregnant. Seriously. Happened twice with DD. At least one, after a horrible day, is fairly mild. But you know what isn't helpful? When I briefly mention that being sick while pregnant is miserable on FB, a friend is going on and on about how prenatal vitamins solved all kinds of problems for her. Um...I'm not an idiot. I'm already taking them. Glad they worked that great for you. Now shut up.

-We're finally getting snow tomorrow. First time this winter. Which is odd for where I live. We should have had at least 2-3 storms by now. But that also meant I had to reschedule my A/S. The nature of DH's job means that there is a high possibility he will be on storm duty most the week to help restore any power outages. Which is awesome money! It works out as he already has a half a day next Tuesday so it is better to reschedule to then to not worry about him missing due to being on storm duty or missing out on half a day of pay. I think I'm more annoyed by the fact that I really don't care that I had to reschedule. I feel like I should be bummed about it...but I really don't care.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    Totally seconded on the cold. I just got over one like 2 weeks ago and now I'm all stuffy again. Thankfully I don't feel that bad otherwise, just super congested, but it's bum city and just makes sleep even more uncomfortable
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We got into an accident today. Out of control cab driver side swiped our car. Everyone is ok (well except for the car) but of course I've been wondering if LO is ok in there. Especially as there has been a ton of activity in there since it happened! I think he was as riled up as his daddy was..

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    @yogahh Yikes! Glad everyone is okay!
  • Options
    yogahh said:

We got into an accident today. Out of control cab driver side swiped our car. Everyone is ok (well except for the car) but of course I've been wondering if LO is ok in there. Especially as there has been a ton of activity in there since it happened! I think he was as riled up as his daddy was..

My ob told me to always call or head to the hospital in the event of even a minor fender bender, better safe than sorry! With all that activity, it sounds like your LO might have an attitude already! Hope everything is ok!
  • Options
    It annoys me that everyone knows we COULD know the sex of our LO but are choosing not to open the envelope until it's time to set up for our reveal party (yes we're going to know and surprise everyone else...this mama hates surprises and always looks murderous when they occur...so I'll just know so I don't look grouchy in all the pictures lol), but yet no one will leave it be! "Just tell me where the envelope is and I'll look" "I'm going to break into your house and find it" "we wanted to know by Christmas" ...ok...why are you guys so much more antsy than us? What if we had to be team green because baby didn't cooperate? Calm down guys...we told you this was how we were doing it when I got pregnant...lol oh well, party is Sunday so only 6 more days :)
  • Options
    yogahh said:

Eeek! Glad everyone is ok! Lots of activity is a good sign I would think!
  • Options
    It annoys me that everyone knows we COULD know the sex of our LO but are choosing not to open the envelope until it's time to set up for our reveal party (yes we're going to know and surprise everyone else...this mama hates surprises and always looks murderous when they occur...so I'll just know so I don't look grouchy in all the pictures lol), but yet no one will leave it be! "Just tell me where the envelope is and I'll look" "I'm going to break into your house and find it" "we wanted to know by Christmas" ...ok...why are you guys so much more antsy than us? What if we had to be team green because baby didn't cooperate? Calm down guys...we told you this was how we were doing it when I got pregnant...lol oh well, party is Sunday so only 6 more days :)
    Oofta.  That's self control.  It will be here quickly though!
  • Options
    And boo for car accidents and colds. Sorry to hear that!
  • Options
    jessiedee13jessiedee13 member
    edited December 2015
    @js8812 I put the envelope in my hubby's stocking...so I literally stare at it all day every day and I barely think about it. I'm curious what it says, but it's everyone else that's so antsy! And I don't understand! Lol

Edit to add...ok I do understand my MIL...she's waiting to buy the baby Christmas presents until she knows boy or girl...lol so I kind of get it for her, but everyone else just wants to know so they know lol
  • Options
    @yogahh so glad you guys are OK!
  • Options
    I agree on the cold!  Ugh, I'm on cold #3 since October. Not a fan.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• Options
    @yogahh I read that adrenaline rushes can cause a lot of movement, and I'm sure that car accident got your blood going! Glad you're okay!
  • Options

I'll agree with the cold sucking during pregnancy.  All these medical advancements and no medication for pregnant women?  Come on science....

We have had snow non-stop since this morning.  We live in a county that apparently doesn't like to plow.  I went to work 430-730 (in home therapy) and was the ONLY person to show up to any of the shifts for either the brother or sister today.  I cut the session short due to freezing rain.  It then took me 10 minutes to plow a path up our driveway with my non-ABS equipped Prius.  Booooooo to snow!!

• Options
    What happened to the health and fitness check-ins? I know I'll be needing them after foodmas. 

I don't know if it has to do with pregnancy hormones but when I woke up, I begged my husband to help me take down Christmas decorations. I was 3 hours late to work. Totally normal. It feels so good to tidy and organize. Yes, it must be pregnancy related!!
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options

What happened to the health and fitness check-ins? I know I'll be needing them after foodmas. 

I don't know if it has to do with pregnancy hormones but when I woke up, I begged my husband to help me take down Christmas decorations. I was 3 hours late to work. Totally normal. It feels so good to tidy and organize. Yes, it must be pregnancy related!!

I'll start it up again next week.

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    DH is sick.  I'm hoping I do not get it as I have already suffered through two sinus  infections this pregnancy.  I'm hoping that is all he has.  Men are babies when they are sick.  I'm super tired b/c he keeps me awake all night with his incessant tossing and turning. 

I have not felt any movement yet,  I'm going to go ahead and GUESS that maybe I have anterior placenta on top of the fact that all my fat is in my mid section so maybe that is making it hard to feel movement.  I will find out for sure on that anterior placenta theory on Thursday when I have my anatomy scan. 

This baby is going to have some hair according to the old wives tale about heartburn. 

I'm not really showing much yet and I'm 19 weeks tomorrow.  Least I don't think I am.  Just have started noticing my normal jeans are fitting a little more snugly (and yet still end up falling down)

I want the rest of this pregnancy to hurry up so we can go ahead and meet this baby. 

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    Not sure if I should ask this here but I don't want to make a new thread for it....any one else get little lumps or hard spots in their bumps? I assume it's one of the babies balled up and I think it's hilarious. But then I wonder if I'm crazy since I have an anterior placenta. Anyone? Hopefully it's not just gas bubbles backing up
  • Options
    @sunshinebins If the baby is pushing more on one side, I can feel and see a hard lump on my belly.  It might be the same thing?
  • Options
    Has anyone seen the movies "Sisters" or "Daddy's Home"?  Give me your thumbs up or thumbs down rating.

Speaking of the movie "Sisters", are you more of an Amy or Tina?  I always thought I was more Tina until l read both of their books.  I'm definitely more Amy.
  • Options
    @js8812 I just saw Daddys Home last night! I very much enjoyed it! It was funny!
  • Options
    js8812 said:

@sunshinebins If the baby is pushing more on one side, I can feel and see a hard lump on my belly.  It might be the same thing?

Yeah that sounds about right. Sometimes my bump will even look lopsided! I assumed it was babies but started to think maybe I was crazy haha
  • Options
    @js8812 I want to see Sisters! We saw Joy this weekend. Great cast, but since it's more about the story and less about special effects, you won't miss out by waiting to rent.

I'm so ready for the Revenant to come out!
  • Options

Not sure if I should ask this here but I don't want to make a new thread for it....any one else get little lumps or hard spots in their bumps? I assume it's one of the babies balled up and I think it's hilarious. But then I wonder if I'm crazy since I have an anterior placenta. Anyone? Hopefully it's not just gas bubbles backing up

Oh yeah! I can feel my little fella pretty good and usually one part of my belly is a bit harder than the other if he's adjusting.
  • Options
    I second that Pregnancy colds suck! Its rough not being able to turn to my standard cold fighting procedures, and I miss the products that mask the cold as well!
  • Options
    I want allllllllllllll the food today.  OMG so hungry.  I'm 1 hour into my work day and 50% of my work snacks are gone...I don't like my odds here...
  • Options
    TMI---  I just made the switch to granny panties. Attractive? No. So much more comfortable? Yes. I don't know if is the weird extra fat lump on my stomach from c-section and appendix surgery scars or what, but my normal bikinis kept getting really rolled down and uncomfortable.

TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    Need a place to brag. The kitchen in finally done!!! I started painting the cabinets forever ago. Like, 2 years ago. I'd like to change out the light fixture too but that is not top priority. Also have fabric to make a new valance. I'm so excited by how much brighter everything is. Still not ideal but for trying  to sell, definitely updated.

• Options
    I love HDBD but I'm suck a slacker with bump pics that I hardly ever have any to post week by week :disappointed:
  • Options
    tgortney said:

I love HDBD but I'm suck a slacker with bump pics that I hardly ever have any to post week by week :disappointed:

Me too!

Also, anyone having trouble with maternity pants staying up? I just bought a new pair and they fit great when I tried them on but when I wore them all day, I spent it pulling them up and feeling like I looked like I pooped my pants. Thankfully my shirt was long and covered up the debacle. Does the type of underwear effect if they stay up? My comfy cotton don't seem to be working but with my fancy Victoria secret ones a different pair stayed just fine. I don't want to be pulling pants up all day but belts are a no-no.
  • Options
    I'm here to say yes colds stink! Or, whatever I have stinks. I've been sick for a week and instead of starting to feel better my symptoms are just changing into different versions of awful. I'm really hoping my doctors office is open today....shouldn't have waited!

Other random! DS just layed down for a diaper change all by himself. He has been a thrashing dinosaur beast since about 6 months so I'm in shock.
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016