July 2016 Moms
Options

Hungry all the time but don't like anything

Does anyone else feel this way? I wasn't really like this with my DS. I thought since my fatigue and some queasiness has gotten better, then this weird food aversion stuff would be too....but it's not. If I don't eat I feel yucky but then nothing sounds or tastes good. I hope this gets better soon (I'm at 12 weeks 2 days).

Re: Hungry all the time but don't like anything

• Options
    There may be a few threads on here similar to this, but for the life of me I can't remember any off the top of my head.

Carbs are always a safe bet for me, as they are usually pretty bland and soft, so tasting/chewing them is a relatively easy process. Dinner rolls, breads, rice, pasta with butter and parmesan, etc. I also drink those Carnation Instant Breakfast shakes with whole milk first thing in the morning when my stomach is empty and most prone to being 'flippy'. I hope you feel better soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks @thebigoaktree I knew there had to be something, but I can't really 'brain' this morning.
  • Options
    I'm eating a salad, only reason my brain is working. 

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm struggling too. Everything smells like faeces and rotting food to me. Went to the movies today...even the popcorn tasted like actual crap.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This might sound weird but look at the Food tab on Pinterest! That usually is enough for me to come up with something that sounds good. The problem for me is then that's the only thing I want to eat. Grilled cheese has been a lifesaver!
    Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.
  • Options
    Homemade smoothies through a straw. They're how I've gotten by and not lost more weight. The straw takes away half the flavor and you can pack them with fruit, salad, avocado, peanut butter, seeds, yogurt, milk, water, protein, vitamin supplements... They can be super high cal and filling with lots of nutrients and little to no force feeding. Hope you find what works for you!
  • Options
    @LifeofLauren2 I will now be having grilled cheese for dinner yum!!!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @noelietrex what's a pregnancy-safe protein to use? Pre-preg I used ON Gold Standard 100% Whey powder but I think that has stuff in it not recommended for pregnancy. I suppose I could just do fruit, spinach, and yogurt (instead of protein powder) but that just seems incomplete to me.
  • Options
    @quartz02 I use a hemp protein powder from Whole Foods that's safe as well as 2 Tbsp chia seeds- together they add 24g protein. Plus whatever small amount is in spinach, fruit, and almond milk.
  • Options
    The struggle is definitely real. My menu these days is pretty limited. I seem to like fruity things. You would have thought I hit the lotto in target the other night when I found he seasonal cranberry bagels! That, with butter and some jelly is my fave breakfast to date.
  • Options
    I feel the same way! I was just telling my SO today I feel so yucky except when I am eating but then the second I stop I feel sick again :'(