October 2015 Moms

Nap time!

My DD is 2 months old, and goes down to sleep at night no problem. We lay her in her crib still awake and she doesn't fuss, she just falls right to sleep. But for some reason, when it comes to naps during the day she hates being put down. She will cry and cry and cry and my doctor said it's totally fine to let her cry it out, some babies actually need to cry in order to settle into sleep. But it drives me crazy after a while. Does anyone else have a baby that hates nap time? And does anyone have any ideas on how to help transition her to enjoy naps?

Re: Nap time!

• My little guy sometimes needs more bouncing and holding for naps. I thought maybe after so much time at night not being held he just needs a little extra love during the day! I think it's a good trade off for him sleeping well at night!
  • We typically only get good daytime naps if we hold LO or use the swing to put her to sleep.

I think it's sad your dr would say it's fine to let her cry it out.
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• Loading the player...
  • Still too early for CIO. We rock baby completely to sleep for naps and use white noise. She sleeps much better at night than for naps also. I read in on of my baby sleep books that napping and night sleep are learned separately and in different parts of the brain. So you could have great napper and bad night sleeper or vice versa.
  • CIO methods are not recommended until 6 months.  It is totally normal for LO to have a harder time with naps than night time sleep.  Naps frequently need more soothing, rocking, bouncing etc. just soothe LO to sleep for now, eventually you won't need to. 
  • KristynLee15KristynLee15 member
    edited December 2015
    Im having issues with daytime.naps as well. Shes 12 weeks tomorrow and she will fall asleep no problem being held. But the second i put her down her eyes pop open and all hell breaks loose. Nighttime takes a big of rocking her to sleep then putting her down but shell stay down.
    I hope daycare is able to get her to nap. :(

ETA: shell fall asleep but then wakes herself up within 5 mins bringing her hands to her face. Swaddle helps.in the afternoon, i can usually get a nap 12-130 as long as shes swaddled.
  • We struggle with napping. Usually, he gets overtired and is super fussy. I put him in the baby wrap and put on white noise and he will usually fall asleep. If he's content but I suspect he will be tired soon, I can put him down in his bassinet, turn on white noise, and turn on the vibration and he'll fall asleep by himself and sleep for about an hour. But he probably takes 3 naps per day in the carrier!
  • I feel like you are talking about my LO. She only naps if I hold her or sometimes in swing, bouncer or carrier. Just wish I could get her to nap in the pack n play bassinet downstairs or her crib upstairs. She's a good sleeper at night but daytime she is a total cat napper and I'm not sure what to do.