Trouble TTC

New here!

Hi everyone,

My name is Melinda. I have been married for 4.5 years and TTC baby 1. I'm new to The Bump forums. I have PCOS and have been off birth control for 3 years and casually trying during that time. I went two years without a period and got fed up so recently have started acupuncture and d-chiro-inositol. I'm in my early 20s so I want to try to regulate naturally if I can while I have the time and patience. I've always had irregular periods so I can't even tell you the last time I've ovulated. My acupuncturist suggested I start charting BBT so I have this month. (I should mention this cycle was started with Provera). Fertility friend thinks I have ovulated on the 16th but I'm not so sure because I'm so new to this. Could anyone give me their opinion? I can't tell anything with my CM because it's either wet or dry, no EWCM!

Thanks for any insight you could give me!

Re: New here!

• Hi! Welcome to the board. I recently started taking an inositol supplement to regulate my cycles as well. My RE suggested I take a mixture of two different forms (d-inositol as well as myo-inositol) and I did a bit of reading about it before I started and I thought this article was a great summary of information:

https://pcosdiva.com/2012/07/de-mystifying-myo-inositol/

also - this may be TMI but when I started tracking my cycles I also thought I did not make ewcm - but that's because everything I read said you should see it on toilet paper when you wipe. But once I decided to start tracking cervical position as well I realized I do make ewcm just not really enough to drip all the way out.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Hello and welcome!  I'm sorry for your struggles.  Your chart looks pretty good but it is only going to be an effective measure if you're taking your temperature around the same time every morning (give or take 30 minutes).  FF will disregard an occasional weird temp, so I wouldn't necessarily worry about the 2 low temps in your LP.  I would also recommend using OPKs just as second form of predicting O date.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Loading the player...
  • mraulstonmraulston member
    edited December 2015
    Thank you both for your advice :) I'm so used to seeing the 'pretty' textbook BBT charts that my jagged chart just looked off to me. I've been taking my temps pretty consistently at 6 am, but I enter them into the app later in the day and forget to update the time so it looks like my times are off on my chart! I think I may try temping vaginally next cycle because I sleep with my mouth open and I think that affects my temps. I went ahead and ordered the myo-inositol at your suggestion. Thanks for linking the article. It had been in my Amazon cart for a little while so I'm going to try that out and see if I have any success. Thanks both for the input!