Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Help!

I am not sure if anyone on here can help me but I have asked everyone I know and googled as much as I can and my doctor seems to be no help.
My husband and I are trying to get pregnant which seems to be difficult as I was diagnosed with endometriosis earlier on in the the year. I am hoping with fingers crossed that someone on here may have an idea or an answer to my dilemma. My periods have always lasted 8 to 9 days and have been super heavy, hemorraging heavy. When we decided to get pregnant my doctor took me off all of my medication ( birth control included). After the medication drop myy periods continued heavy as usual and I was praying for day 8 or 9 to come. Last month my period was only two days long and on schedule and not as heavy as ususal. This month it was over a week and a half late and lasted one day. Three days later I had some spotting which was light bright pink (sorry for the description) and it only lasted for a few hours. I have taken pregnancy tests all have come back negative. I got blood work done in november and they seem to be having problems with their system so no one is sure of the results. But I need some peace of mind. Should I be concerned? What could cause this?

Re: Help!

• Options
    If a HPT is negative still it's most likely not due to pregnancy. its very very rare to have a false negative and more likely to have a false positive or chemical pregnancy.

If your doctor is not much help it may be time to get a second opinion and find a new doctor to see. It might help you ease your mind if the doctor is more willing to help you out.

Also you said you took a blood test in November have you went back and had another blood test done again.

I wish you the best.

I also agree with @babymish and think temping would be helpful if your willing to give it a shot.

Me:24 ~~~~~ DH:26

High school Sweethearts 03/29/07

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

BFP 12/27/2015 EDD 9/8/2016

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited December 2015

I am not sure if anyone on here can help me but I have asked everyone I know and googled as much as I can and my doctor seems to be no help.
    My husband and I are trying to get pregnant which seems to be difficult as I was diagnosed with endometriosis earlier on in the the year. I am hoping with fingers crossed that someone on here may have an idea or an answer to my dilemma. My periods have always lasted 8 to 9 days and have been super heavy, hemorraging heavy. When we decided to get pregnant my doctor took me off all of my medication ( birth control included). After the medication drop myy periods continued heavy as usual and I was praying for day 8 or 9 to come. Last month my period was only two days long and on schedule and not as heavy as ususal. This month it was over a week and a half late and lasted one day. Three days later I had some spotting which was light bright pink (sorry for the description) and it only lasted for a few hours. I have taken pregnancy tests all have come back negative. I got blood work done in november and they seem to be having problems with their system so no one is sure of the results. But I need some peace of mind. Should I be concerned? What could cause this?

QFP. If the tests are negative, then you are not pregnant. Cycles can change at any time, and if you just came off bc it can take a while to regulate.

Image result for bobs burger gifs

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadeaa27518d817eb3a350c501028155427jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload6bbb16d010206d10646648f568faa060jpg

• Options

QFP

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    @khannahsmith :
    "Last month my period was only two days long and on schedule and not as heavy as ususal. This month it was over a week and a half late and lasted one day. Three days later I had some spotting which was light bright pink (sorry for the description) and it only lasted for a few hours. I have taken pregnancy tests all have come back negative..."

"But I need some peace of mind. Should I be concerned? What could cause this?"
    -------------------
    Period flow can change on a dime. It could be you had a cyst burst or some other excess shedding the last few cycles.

Are you on any supplements? Some can dramatically alter your uterine lining (usually thin it).

How long have you been actively TTC? If you suspect you have a reproductive issue, that could be hormonal in nature, I suggest asking for a referral to a Reproductive Endocrinologist. They are better equipped to investigate such a situation.

See how this cycle goes. If it's a one-time thing, I wouldn't be overly concerned or schedule any further investigation. If it happens at least 3-6 times or becomes your "new normal" then I would be concerned.

Just so that I cover it: a negative HPT means "not pregnant at the time you took the test". The options are to take another test or wait another week & try again. However, period flow means period flow. Just because it's lighter than you are used to doesn't mean you could be pregnant despite bleeding. If you have to use a pad or tampon then you are out for the cycle.

It does suck. I understand & I feel for you. Odds are it's nothing alarming & you can continue on as you were. Good luck!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    paigeedpaigeed member
    edited December 2015
    As PP have said, there is no way for us to diagnose you. Growing up and before BCP I had very heavy 7 day periods. Now, I have medium-light 4-5 day periods. Bodies change with every cycle. As frustrating as it may be to hear, you are regular until you're not. 

That being said, have you mentioned the endometriosis to your doctor and asked how it may or may not effect you in TTC? That may be a good Segway for a conversation with your doctor about your changing periods. 

Also--temping and charting will change your whole perspective on what your "normal" is. You should try it. We recommend fertility friend and the tutorials that come with it. 
    Me (26) DH (28)
    Married 6.22.13
    Hoping for a Herd Linky
    4/15--TTC #1
    12/15--IF testing
    3/16--Dx Unexplained IF
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI + Progesterone cycle
    Cancelled due to cysts. Started 3 weeks of BCP.
    4/16--Cute Ute! Clomid+Ovidrel+IUI+Progesterone TI.
    Cancelled-no response
    5/16--Hemmorhagic cyst and other cyst discovered.
    No medicated cycle. MRI scheduled to rule out
    septate uterus.
    6/16--Septum discovered. Consultation for surgery.
    Surprise BFP 6/8/16--EDD 2/13/17
    Kole David--1.7.17--Tiny but Mighty, born at 34+5 after HELLP syndrome
    Chart Stalk Me

• Options
    _darth_darth member
    edited December 2015
    I am not sure if anyone on here can help me but I have asked everyone I know and googled as much as I can and my doctor seems to be no help. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant which seems to be difficult as I was diagnosed with endometriosis earlier on in the the year. I am hoping with fingers crossed that someone on here may have an idea or an answer to my dilemma. My periods have always lasted 8 to 9 days and have been super heavy, hemorrhaging heavy. When we decided to get pregnant my doctor took me off all of my medication ( birth control included). After the medication drop my periods continued heavy as usual and I was praying for day 8 or 9 to come. Last month my period was only two days long and on schedule and not as heavy as usual. This month it was over a week and a half late and lasted one day. Three days later I had some spotting which was light bright pink (sorry for the description) and it only lasted for a few hours. I have taken pregnancy tests all have come back negative. I got blood work done in November and they seem to be having problems with their system so no one is sure of the results. But I need some peace of mind. Should I be concerned? What could cause this?
    If your pregnancy tests have come back negative, you can rule out pregnancy as a cause. What can cause this? An anovulatory cycle with breakthrough bleeding, a ruptured cyst, normal adjustment of your period overtime, drastic weight loss or illness, or any of the number of things PPs mentioned, that range from dangerous to completely benign. Without an ultrasound and access to your medical information, we really can't speculate. Talk to your doctor.

ETA: If your doctor is truly being unhelpful, I would definitely get a referral to someone else, if you can. 
    TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     
  • Options
    bornmommy said:
    This board is much nicer than I remember...

Stop asking Dr. Google and start asking your actual doctor. If you don't trust your doctor, get a new one. 

@bornmommy : Thebump changed TOU from back in the day (if you were here around the same time I was before). So we are instructed to "be mindful" of our tone more than in years previous. Its an adjustment to be sure.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards: