April 2016 Moms
Options

Sulfur burps / vomiting

So maybe this is more appropriate for the symptoms board, but thought I'd throw it out here. And I'm putting in a call to my nurse's line, but didn't know if anybody has any kind of experience with this.

It started Christmas Eve when I just felt nauseous and kind of like I had return morning sickness. Christmas Day I couldn't eat anything and continued to feel nauseous and like I has morning sickness. I had heard some of you ladies had a flare of MS around 22 weeks (which is what I am), so I just thought it was that. We were traveling and stayed in a hotel last night and I ended up throwing up a lot in the middle of the night (I didn't throw up at all in the first tri). I felt better today, still off, but at least I could eat. But now the sulfur burps have started. They are just awful and make me even more nauseous. Last time I had these kind of burps I had c. Diff, so now I'm starting to freak out. Sounds like it could be a number of things from lactose intolerance, slowed digestion, gallbladder, ulcer, bacterial infection... Again, I'm putting a call into my dr but I'm just wondering if anybody else had any of these symptoms or those issues. Hoping it's nothing major and maybe just my less than ideal diet over these holidays mixed with awful reflux (which I suffer from even when not pregnant), but these burps are getting too annoying to handle, and I'm really hoping I don't continue to throw up. TIA!

Re: Sulfur burps / vomiting

• Options
    Glad you're calling your doctor! Just from my
    experience, I'm lactose intolerant and suffer from GERD, so if it is just terrible acid reflux I was prescribed ranitidine (aka zantac) and it has been a life saver. Hopefully your symptoms are not caused by something serious!
  • Options
    Thank you! I have severe GERD too, but it never really presented itself like this. I'm wondering if dairy or something else in my diet may be making it worse. I seem to feel better in the morning and the worst at night after eating all day. Hopefully that's it too and some simple dietary changes or approved meds could help.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dairy definitely causes me problems, but I've also ready that it is actually a trigger food for GERD. I've had to ex-nay my beloved cheese-it's for the time being. :'(
  • Options
    Keep us informed. It sounds like slow digestion/acid reflux to me. I've been noticing more of that now at 24 weeks. I hope all goes well with the dr.