Baby Names

Please help! Due in 3 weeks!

I've posted on here before, and you were all so helpful. But I am now having a really hard time figuring out what we will actually name our daughter who is due in 3 weeks!! That's not a ton of time and this whole pregnancy I have tried to nail down a name with no progress. I've done tons of name research, read blogs, lists, social security lists, social security lists by state that give you the top 1000, babynamewizard, baby namipedia, baby name EVERYTHING! And I can't figure it out. I do know that I don't want a name that's overly popular. My darling husband has possibly the worst taste in names and wants to A. Name her Jett or B. name her Rydell after the high school from freaking Grease...his favorite movie. I know that once we see her it will be easier, but I don't even love my short list. So if anyone wants to throw an idea at me I will welcome it with open and appreciative arms.

Here are the names I like. I also love names that start with an R or M. But I'm open to anything!!
To get an idea of my taste this is my "short list"

Mallory
Ramona (one of my favorites but DH isn't sold)
Rosalind
River
Bethany
Miranda

Re: Please help! Due in 3 weeks!

• I like your list. Other names that might suit you.

(And I apologize if any of these were thrown out before, it's a pain to recheck old threads on mobile)

Rowena
    Marisa
    Shana
    Monica
    Marlene
    Danielle
    Andrea
    Felicia
    Melinda
    Marceline
    Martha
    Maureen
    Maxine
    Minerva
    Reina
    Renee
    Regina
    Rhona
    Ronalda
    Rosamund
    Roxanne
    Rubina
    Ruth
  • I would probably get rid of River.  The rest of your list seems pretty sold, and River just seems kind of out there in comparison.  It also reminds me of River Phoenix, who was male, and also has a pretty tragic story.  

In addition to suggestions already posted, you could consider
    Margot
    Margaret
    Mirabelle
    Rebecca
    Bridget
    Beatrix or Beatrice
    Delphine
    Daphne
    Abigail
    Chelsea

• Loading the player...
  • Firstly, LOVE your short list. I even like River despite it not being my usual style, mostly because I'm such a sucker for Firefly. Rosalind and Miranda are my favorites.

Since we have similar taste, I'll throw in some from my short list:

Helena
    Lillian
    Margot
    Caroline
    Isolde
    Catherine
    Camilla
    Rebecca
  • Sassenach1743Sassenach1743 member
    edited December 2015
    You do realize that the meaning of the name Mallory is "unfortunate"?

Marina
    Marley
    Maura
    Maya

Melody (since your husband likes musicals...)
    Meredith
    Mira
    Morgana
    Myriam

Raquel
    Raisa ("rose" in Yiddish)
    Raven
    Rhea
    Rhiannon
    Rosemary

Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • I really like some of the names that you all have suggested. Maxine, Isolde, and Marina are all very beautiful.

@maddaddam I love Firefly too! And Shakespeare, that's where Miranda and Rosalind come from. I would consider Inara if it wasn't too out there.
  • I love Bethany and Miranda! I like that they're both normal names without being super popular. I like Mallory too but I don't care about the meaning of a name.
  • i like mallory

marianna
    marisol
    maeve
    maura
    maureen
    melody
    melony

• Raina
    Della
    Vera
    Marian
    Rita
    Muriel

• I like Mallory and Rosalind.

Suggesting some spunky and/or unisex names, because that's what your DH seems to like. Maybe you can find some common ground:

Vada
    Thea
    Corrine
    Quinn
    Carys
  • I like Rosalind and Ramona from your list. Both are real, solid names... yet they're both unique and beautiful. Really, based on your list, you can't go wrong!
  • Maybe you could get him onboard with Sandra or Olivia... Grease related names that aren't absolutely ridiculous. Olivia is very common but it's pretty and ages well. I do think it's pretty sweet that your husband's favorite movie is Grease though!!

Your list is pretty good but I'm NAF of Rosalind or River.

• I really like Mallory and Miranda.

Maybe Melissa, Maisie, Michelle, Rachel, Johanna, Shannon
  • I love Ramona, Rosalind, and Miranda

Lucinda
    Rita
    Monica
    Veronica
    Magdalena
    Monique
    Marie
    Renee
    Rebecca