August 2016 Moms
Options

Any vet tech mama's out there?

Hello. Hope everyone's holidays were amazing. I was wondering if there are any vet tech mamas out there and how things are going foe you? What things are going through your minds? What concerns?

I will be 8 weeks monday and this is our first pregnancy for my husband and I. We are both really excited. My first prenatal appointment isn't until the 5th. I am a registered veterinary technician in ohio and would like to chat with other recently pregnant tech mamas.
I love my job and everything I do. But the concerns I have a work is that I am only 1 of three registered techs for a 5 doctor practice. This makes it hard when I still have to intubate. We have isoflurane and I don't put it on until I know the tube is placed and cuff is good. Any other suggestions? I would hate to wear a big bulky mask. Also taking x rays I try not to but if there is no none else I have been double gowning. Thoughts? Some people at work know already and try to help but I would like to wait to tell everyone until at least 12 weeeks. How is everyone else doing?