August 2016 Moms
Options

Anyone? Please?

I recently checked my cervical position (tmi) and noticed a tiny amount of blood, which I thought was nothing. I just worked up with a light pink sticky fluid with some spots and streaks of blood. I did also have sex, and I'm honestly freaking out! Can anyone help?

Re: Anyone? Please?

• Options
    DDRRT1982DDRRT1982 member
    edited December 2015

You sound very much distressed.  Maybe you should call the doctor.  More than likely you should stop sticking your fingers up there and checking your own cervix since you are already pregnant.  It is probably the unnecessary messing with it that is causing the bleeding.  However, it is always best to consult your physician.  I hope the bleeding stops and everything is ok.

• Options
    I agree with PP that continuing to check CP is probably not wise and you should check in with your doctor.

For what it's worth though, it's relatively common to have some spotting post-intercourse so it's definitely possible for that to be what's causing the spotting. Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That was the first time I have ever checked that sort of thing. And am very worried as of right now.
  • Options
    ZedPM3ZedPM3 member
    edited December 2015
    There is a lot of blood flowing through your cervix due to the pregnancy. This makes spotting after sex very common (the blood is coming from your cervix, not your uterus). It's really nothing to worry about unless it becomes heavier and bright red. The same sort of phenomenon happens in your nose - you may see more nosebleeds due to the increased blood flow.

Please try not to stress about it - it's not good for you or baby.

ETA: as with any spotting you see during pregnancy, give your doctor a call.
  • Options
    Bleeding increased to bright red and white heavy, with very large clots. I believe to have suffered a miscarriage. Will be having a check up very soon.
  • Options
    We have 50% more blood in our bodies when we're pregnant. I totally get being worried, but I wouldn't stress too much, because spotting (especially after sex) is really common. But if it's not heavy and combined with cramping, you should be totally okay :smile: