TTC after 35
Options

Intro - loss & current children

Hi all,

I have two children already - DS who is almost 5 and DD who is 2. My husband and I have taken a low key approach to number 3 - I have long felt like someone in our family is missing, and he's not opposed to the idea, but also not as gung ho as for the first two.

I did get pregnant, but lost the baby this past Tuesday, a little after a week of my BFP. We are still regrouping and healing after this loss. We hadn't told anyone (even the kids) that we were pregnant, and I find myself needing to reach out to others. Now I know for a fact that someone will always be missing in our family.

Re: Intro - loss & current children

• Options
    Sporty1216Sporty1216 member
    edited December 2015
    I'm so sorry about your loss, @HepCat Your last sentence just broke my heart for you. I imagine it is especially hard to be dealing with this loss in secret over the holidays when there are so many emotional expectations. Take care and I hope you will find good support here. Maybe there is one person you can share with in person too...? I know I'm just an Internet stranger, but my thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss at this very difficult time, it's never easy at any time. Take care of you right now!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. May you find peace this holiday season.
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss. This is a great board - hoping you find some peace and comfort here
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. This is a good supportive board.
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Options
    Sorry for your loss. Sending hugs your way
  • Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board. Sending positive thoughts your way.
  • Options
    Thank you all <3
  • Options
    I'm so very sorry for your loss :'(
    This is a wonderful and supportive community, and many of us have experienced miscarriage (myself included.)
    Welcome to the board. Remember to be gentle with yourself.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you find comfort and peace. I'm new here, but I've witnessed an outpouring of support and kindness from everyone to each other in my short time here. I hope that 2016 has happier things in store for you!
  • Options
    Very sorry for your loss.  Welcome.  I am new as well but so far I've found the board to be very welcoming and supportive.  Just seeing everyone in very similar circumstances is helpful, makes you feel less alone, especially when so many aspects of this process are so private.
    Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally