Toddlers: 24 Months+

Sleep problems?

My two year old son has always been an amazing sleeper. He has slept through the night since he was two months old. Lately he will not sleep for more than 30 minutes without waking up screaming. He has never had a bottle or cup to go to bed, so that's not problem, never had a pacifier. I checked and do not see any teething. I feel so bad for my poor little guy but I don't want to let him keep sleeping in bed with my husband and I. Which he has been doing for the past week. I would hate to start a habit of it since he has always had no problem sleeping alone. Has anyone else had a toddler go through this and if so how did you help your little one sleep soundly? (P.S. we even put a night light in his room thinking maybe it was the dark scaring him)

Re: Sleep problems?

• You sure he isn't sick or maybe has an ear infection?
  • I sympathize because I know sleepless nights all too well. The only advice I have, if he is not sick, is to keep at it. Kids crave stability, even tho they are just loose cannons themselves sometimes. Every time my kids have a sleep regression for whatever reason, I just keep doing what they're used to and they fall back into their normal rhythm pretty quickly. Put him to sleep in his own bed, give him a stuffed animal, and say good night and let him cry if he needs to. Go in every 20 min or so and soothe/reassure. It's so hard being consistent like this when you're beyond exhausted. Dont doubt yourself just because baby is crying! You're doing great and I hope you all get some rest soon!

Some tricks:
    Night light
    Stuffed animal
    Sippy cup of water in the crib
    Sound machine
    Zipadee zip (I am a huge believer in these suckers)