Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

I tried joining a TTC group on Facebook...

I hope everyone is having a great Christmas or holiday celebration.

I decided a week ago to check out if The Bump had a Facebook group to join and post on as well and didn't find one. What I did find was a few groups called "Trying to Conceive" and boy were they worse than the Glow app. With Glow at least they have different rooms and not all are horrible.

I just left the FB group today I just couldn't take it anymore.

The things girls were posting and the pictures.

I couldn't get over the "I have been sneezing more than normal and today I sneezed and shat myself. Could I be pregnant?"

Me:24 ~~~~~ DH:26

High school Sweethearts 03/29/07

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

BFP 12/27/2015 EDD 9/8/2016

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: I tried joining a TTC group on Facebook...

• Options
    edited December 2015

I hope everyone is having a great Christmas or holiday celebration.

I decided a week ago to check out if The Bump had a Facebook group to join and post on as well and didn't find one. What I did find was a few groups called "Trying to Conceive" and boy were they worse than the Glow app. With Glow at least they have different rooms and not all are horrible.

I just left the FB group today I just couldn't take it anymore.

The things girls were posting and the pictures.

I couldn't get over the "I have been sneezing more than normal and today I sneezed and shat myself. Could I be pregnant?"

What?!?!? Yea, leaving that group was a good idea...

**Edited because it didn't post correctly
    Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What are the names of these groups? Curiosity has gotten the best of me...

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Options
    If I hadn't found this forum I am ashamed to admit,I may have been a few of these crazies. Not the toilet paper girl but I was totes SS like a crazy woman last month.

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @KDHB13 literally type in "Trying to conceive" that's it. There's two and I am still apart of one.

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

They kept posting toilet paper with blood and asking if it was Implantation or ovulating bleeding.

No no that's your period...

So, so gross. I just can't. Even on TB I'm usually too nervous to open any post with CM in the title.
  • Options
    They kept posting toilet paper with blood and asking if it was Implantation or ovulating bleeding. No no that's your period...
    This is immensely disgusting!

There was this one time that I had what I thought was creamy CM and was like "Oh, TB ladies would know if this was actually creamy or not" because I wasn't positive. But I didn't think of taking a picture... I sat there wondering how I would describe it in a post for a good five minutes, and then promptly remembered FF and Google exist.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    I had to leave a FB group like that about a month ago. The symptom spotting was ridiculous. I didn't mind it too much, but one girl they added was the final straw that broke the camel's back. She constantly posted pictures of pregnancy tests, and tried using different filters to try to see a BFP. (And by constantly, I mean at least 2-3 per day.) I never saw anything other than the control line on the tests. But all of the other ladies on there claimed to see it. I couldn't deal with any more "you're totes preggers!" comments.

I love being supportive, and I always wish a sincere congratulations to those that get pregnant. But I feel like they were just supporting each other without decent evidence and setting people up for disappointment. As entertaining as they could be, I just couldn't take it anymore. I'm sure there are FB groups out there that are wonderful, but that experience just wasn't for me. I'll stick to The Bump.
  • Options
    joyful08joyful08 member
    edited December 2015
    I caved. Curiosity got the best of me and I downloaded the glow app. Holy moly I didn't know these kind of people exist!! My mind is blown

• Options
    I also lurk the Glow when I need a good laugh. Or when I find myself symptom spotting and I want to see how ridiculous I sound. That brings me back to reality pretty quick.

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sarah0985sarah0985 member
    edited December 2015
    When I first went off the pill I downloaded "p tracker"
    I liked it as a way to track my periods and eventually discovered the "social" aspect of it. Total special snowflakes, rainbow farting unicorns, and tmi photos!!!! I was mortified!!! I can't believe people do it on Facebook!!!!!

Eta: thank God I found the bump. You ladies keep me grounded and in check of reality and science. Over there I probably would have been pregnant about 8 times by now. Especially with my 45 day cycle a few cycles ago! They see imaginary lines on EVERY THING!!!
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    So you guys had me curious, talking about other groups -- I, thankfully, found you ladies right away and have stuck it out since Day 1 of community-searching.

I just looked at WTE's TTC community, and holy shnikes. I looked at 5 threads with pee sticks, all of them asking if people saw lines, and everyone said they saw faint lines! I saw nothing! Nada! There was not a gosh darn thing on those tests! WTF?!

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    So these people who say, "yes! There's totes a line there" to negative tests... Do they also ever even say anything like "try confirming on a digi"? Or you know, is that too much reality?
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    sarah0985sarah0985 member
    edited December 2015
    @MrsDho11
    Nope! On the site I somehow wound up "following" someone. I don't know how. But so all her posts came up. She has been pregnant "4 times" and each time moves onto a pregnant board but every test is nothing. No one says anything to her. They're all "congrats"
    I feel bad for her as she thinks she has had chemicals each time but it's super bizarre to watch it play out. It's even more bizarre to watch all the people allowing this woman to be convinced she's pregnant when it's clearly a negative test.

Eta. She goes to the doctor and her bloods come back at 0. She still assumed it was a chemical and her doctor is missing it.
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options

I got myself voted of the island of "You're Totes Pregnant!" this morning.  I am no longer apart of the FB group I was still in.

A girl posted a harmless post she did say TMI but no pictures yet. I responded first, trying to help. She was nervous because she was having horrible cramps and clots that were not normal and her doctor wasn't worried about it. Obviously FB had the answer instead.

*** Possible TMI/TW below***

She then decided to post a picture of the clot, which looked like a leech from hell, to prove that it wasnt normal.  I posted "OMG this can't be unseen"

The rest started commenting on how I was judging her and asking her how it felt and if it was hard and can it dissolve in water. 

I tried defending myself but it only got worse.  Someone decided she must have been pregnant and you can assume what they claim it was from that statement. Even though the doctor said she wasn't. They even posted articles.

I just can't...

I will stay here if thats okay with you all.

***trigger warning********
    We had a girl here in the bump a while back who SWORE she had miscarried twins because when she got her period she saw two clots. So wildly offensive to those who have experienced actual miscarriages and losses.
  • Options
    Welcome! Snark and science are welcome here. If you haven't, it's recommended around these parts to chart basal body temp and use fertility friend. Looking forward to getting to know you.
    Me (26) DH (28)
    Married 6.22.13
    Hoping for a Herd Linky
    4/15--TTC #1
    12/15--IF testing
    3/16--Dx Unexplained IF
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI + Progesterone cycle
    Cancelled due to cysts. Started 3 weeks of BCP.
    4/16--Cute Ute! Clomid+Ovidrel+IUI+Progesterone TI.
    Cancelled-no response
    5/16--Hemmorhagic cyst and other cyst discovered.
    No medicated cycle. MRI scheduled to rule out
    septate uterus.
    6/16--Septum discovered. Consultation for surgery.
    Surprise BFP 6/8/16--EDD 2/13/17
    Kole David--1.7.17--Tiny but Mighty, born at 34+5 after HELLP syndrome
    Chart Stalk Me

• Options

I got myself voted of the island of "You're Totes Pregnant!" this morning.  I am no longer apart of the FB group I was still in.

A girl posted a harmless post she did say TMI but no pictures yet. I responded first, trying to help. She was nervous because she was having horrible cramps and clots that were not normal and her doctor wasn't worried about it. Obviously FB had the answer instead.

*** Possible TMI/TW below***

She then decided to post a picture of the clot, which looked like a leech from hell, to prove that it wasnt normal.  I posted "OMG this can't be unseen"

The rest started commenting on how I was judging her and asking her how it felt and if it was hard and can it dissolve in water. 

I tried defending myself but it only got worse.  Someone decided she must have been pregnant and you can assume what they claim it was from that statement. Even though the doctor said she wasn't. They even posted articles.

I just can't...

I will stay here if thats okay with you all.

***trigger warning********
    We had a girl here in the bump a while back who SWORE she had miscarried twins because when she got her period she saw two clots. So wildly offensive to those who have experienced actual miscarriages and losses.
    Those are the worst! I find it exceptionally offensive when ladies post whining about how they had a heavy flow during AF so they want to know if its OK to mourn their loss even though they never had a BFP.
  • Options
    Ally0221Ally0221 member
    edited December 2015
    sarah0985 said:

@MrsDho11
    Nope! On the site I somehow wound up "following" someone. I don't know how. But so all her posts came up. She has been pregnant "4 times" and each time moves onto a pregnant board but every test is nothing. No one says anything to her. They're all "congrats"
    I feel bad for her as she thinks she has had chemicals each time but it's super bizarre to watch it play out. It's even more bizarre to watch all the people allowing this woman to be convinced she's pregnant when it's clearly a negative test.

Eta. She goes to the doctor and her bloods come back at 0. She still assumed it was a chemical and her doctor is missing it.

Whoa

Eta: gif
    Me: 32
    DH: 30
    DS: Born 10/21/2011
    Mirena Removal: 11/23/2015 
  • Options
    _darth_darth member
    edited December 2015
    So... I may or may not have spent cycle 3-4 trolling Glow forums with pictures of obviously negative tests, artsy instagram filters, and increasingly ridiculous edibles "for focus". I'm really glad I found this community. You're not gross or boring.

ETA: Started with a small pretzel because I was annoyed with the ring showcase, escalated to a chocolate dipped strawberry.
    TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     
  • Options
    Being bored + reading this thread = Curiosity

I told myself to not go to FB and look. I didn't listen. I think I may have lost a few brain cells reading / seeing some of those things. I have returned back to TB with a sigh of relief lol
    Me:27 | DH: 26
    Married: 7/26/14
    NTNP since: September '15
    TTC #1: October '15
  • Options
    Curiosity got the best of me too.  Wowza.

I've been wondering this for a while with the posters who do the "am I totes preggers?!!?!11" posts, and the people who see lines when there are no lines on the test:  Why would it be beneficial to have people tell them they're KU, only to find out they aren't?  That sounds awful.  Sort of related, how can the posters that make those posts on here make a profile, wait the three days, still not test, and THEN come on here and ask about their symptoms?  I just don't get it.  

It just looks like a sure-fire way to set themselves up to potentially go through a huge let-down, why would anyone want that over finding out conclusively that they are pregnant, even if that is a little further down the line?

DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I too have downloaded Glow after reading this thread. I really like the interface! But yes it's nutty in there!
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ash9614 said:
    I too have downloaded Glow after reading this thread. I really like the interface! But yes it's nutty in there!
    It's a very nice interface but their algorithm prioritises first LH surge, has issues with temp confirmation, and bases advice tips and conception chance percentages on questionable studies. Also, bodily fluids. Bodily fluids everywhere.
    TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     
  • Options
    AM GIVING THIS TESTIMONY BECAUSE AM HAPPY.
    Karen
    When I felt all hope was lost I came across a good review about DR LOJA, I contacted him because I really needed my husband to return home and terminate the divorce because two months before I met Dr Loja my husband left the house and moved in with another woman and said he needs a divorce I was devastated and never wanted my marriage to end this way for the sake of the kids and all. well to cut the story short when I contacted DR LOJA Via drlojasolutions@gmail.com, he prayed with me and told me this is not a good thing that my husband has done but my husband will come home in 3 days i did everything he said I should do and then let him do his prayers and other things, But I was shocked when my husband sent the first text that he will love to return home but he is scared if I will still accept him back. I said yes come home honey and that was how my marriage was restored and today we are still together. so am happy to refer anyone else to visit his website for any kind of marriage/relationship issues and more.

Email; drlojasolutions@gmail.com
    call/ text/ WhatsApp ; +2349159144552
    Spam bot strikes again.  How did you even find this thread Nigerian computer hacker?  Talk about a deep dive zombie thread.  

I actually clicked on this in the first place because TB told me I had 7 unread posts on this thread.  I didn't remember reading it, so curiosity got me.  Then I realized it was from 2015 and TB came full circle for me.  It's really something when you're alerted to unread posts from 6 years ago lol.