August 2016 Moms
Options

So who made the big announcement to their families?

We told the in-laws last night by doing the balloons in a box. My MIL thought she was getting a puppy HA! I had to laugh and say, "You're on the right track, but no..." And then today, I broke the news to my sister by having DS wear a big brother shirt. I had her help him take his sweater off so she would notice the shirt right away. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad I don't have to keep that secret from them anymore. I hope you ladies are having a lovely day and can't wait to hear how you broke the news to your families! 
I finally figured out the ticker thing! (I was so excited I thought I'd tell you all) LOL

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: So who made the big announcement to their families?

• Options
    We broke the news to my parents this morning with a special ornament and then to DH's family this afternoon. Had DS wear a "Big Brother" shirt to Christmas dinner. Everyone was thrilled once they figured it out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We did the balloons in a box for my in-laws right before lunch and it was so much fun! Tears from my MIL, FIL, and SIL! I think it's safe to say all 3 of them are excited!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A lot of my family knows just because I'm really close to my mom and sister, and if anything goes wrong I'm totally comfortable telling them. Our first u/s was a little iffy, so we're waiting to tell DH's side until after we see how things turn out!
  • Options
    We shared with my in-laws this morning. I made an ornament that said "Baby's First Christmas 2016". It took them a few minutes but They got it and were super surprised!
  • Options
    Else did balloons in a box for my parents right after we found out and called our siblings the next day. I told my BFF a few days later, but other than that, that's all we've told.
  • Options
    kcolly32kcolly32 member
    edited December 2015
    We told the ILs today by buying them onesies that said grandmas/gpas favorite presents long with pacifiers that had tags on them saying bundle of joy coming August 2016. They both teared up and MIL took her onesies to the family dinner to show everyone. Tomorrow we will be seeing my family but my mom already knows. She's dying to tell everyone tm so I guess we'll give the ok tm.
    Expecting baby #1 August 2016 
    Already have three furbabies- Blake, Sydney, and Chester 

• Options
    I love the ornament! So cute!
    I finally figured out the ticker thing! (I was so excited I thought I'd tell you all) LOL

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We told both of our families on Christmas Eve. We gave the grandparents ornaments. Lots of love and tears ❤️
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Options
    My mom & dad knew. But we did announce to all my siblings and their spouses and kids yesterday. My sister-in-law I'd also pregnant and I gave a gift to her that said "to Baby McD from Baby Carter". (Our last names) once she read and got so excited it took a minute for everyone else to figure it out... but everyone is so excited!
  • Options
    We did!  Happiness from my dads side of the family and my husbands family. My mom just said, oh really? And her boyfriend goes ugh, great....   Jerk.    Par for the course, completely expected.
    BFP 5/22/12, MC 6/6/12 (cp) BFP 10/16/13, EDD June 28, 2014 - baby J arrived 6/19/14! ** #2-- BFP 12/5/15, EDD August 17, 2016 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker ***************************** Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We told both sets of parents and my sister. For my parents we had them unwrap a box that contained a little set of booties. When my mom opened it she pumped both fists and said, "YES!!"

For the ILs, we gave his dad a jar of pickles because he said in the past that he wants to be called Pickles (like the comic strip). It took them a while and a lot of, "who's going to call him Pickles?" But they finally got it and MIL was almost in tears coming over to hug us.

I caught both reactions on video and I'm so happy I did!
  • Options
    We had both sets of parents open their gift at the same time, with our kids watchimg. It was a newborn hat and mitts with the us inside the hat, and the us says hi grandma and grandpa! They were shocked, but immediately excited, and my daughter was exitedly screaming baby?!! It was cute and all on video. I was afraid I would regret having it on video since we knew our parents thought we should be done, but I guess now that it's done, all they are is happy :) although my FIL has no filter and said he thought I had gained weight... I haven't gained a pound since being pregnant! I've actually lost about 7 pounds in the last 6 month! But hey, if that's the worst of it I'm ok.
    But, my mom put it on her fb right away, and we didn't want everyone finding out that way. I got texts and calls all night. But my mo was just excited and everyone who found out that way was understanding and happy
  • Options
    We had dinner with my parents earlier this week and gave them a card that said Save the Date with our EDD and icons of a stork, stroller and baby footprints. Christmas Eve my family did a yankee swap and I picked one of the gifts I brought. I said "oh perfect! I can use this in July!" (EDD July 29) and held up the gift which was a NB outfit. Lots of cheers and hugs! And my SIL said "I KNEW it!" She always thinks we are going to announce a pregnancy whenever we all get together :)
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Options
    I told my mom and aunt last night. I had my mom open it last, a bee necklace, with the saying "Your going to bee a grandma, august 2016". We both cried tons which is par the course. She's super excited and it was really fun. Glad to tell her.

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We had three sets of parents to tell. My husband has two sisters who are 10 and 4 so we had ornaments made to tell them they were going to be aunts. We then made plates for my parents which they ate brunch on and then gave my husband's other parents a suitcase that said "ready or not, here I come grandma!" Everyone was surprised and excited. So happy that they know now!!!!
  • Options
    We told all our family between Christmas eve and christmas..for my dad we did little john deer socks. For his parents we did a picture of our dog that says mom and dad are getting me a human august 2016. And for my mom and family we did a picture of the sono gram. All and all everyone's faces and screams were priceless abd we feel so much better now that everyone knows!
  • Options
    We told my family yesterday and today and will tell the in laws tomorrow. My mom was the best. We have everyone a onesie that said I love my aunt/uncle/grandma/grandpa, etc and had them all open at the same time. My mom said "awe". Then I said "I don't think you get it". She then said "no, I get it", to which I replied "no. I really don't think you do." My SIL then screamed "She's pregnant!". My mom's jaw dropped and she screamed and immediately started crying. I have a nephew and I think she thought it was someone about him even though it was a newborn onesie and he is 14 months. Wish I had it one video, it was priceless.
  • Options
    We announced to our immediate family Christmas morning! We had an ornament made that said "we are expecting! " and my husband told them in order to get the big surprise, they had to find the new ornament on the tree! I video tapped the whole thing! My sister found it and immediately started jumping up and down while screaming! My mom started crying and said she just knew it!!!!! Lots of happy tears, love, and excitment!!!!
  • Options
    I accidentally blurted it out to my parents and sister on 12/13 !

Christmas party 12/20: I wore a shirt to announce it to moms side of the family!

Christmas Eve 12/24: announced it to my dads side of the family. We always play a gift card game where you steal gift cards. Mind you the youngest "kid" in the family is my cousin who is 16. I bought a Babies R Us gift card :)

Christmas Day 12/25: announced it to my in laws with a Christmas ornament that had a picture from my 7w2d ultrasound!
  • Options
    We announced to my family on Christmas Eve with the balloons in a box idea. We waited until everyone was done opening gifts and said there is one more left and had my mom open it! The entire family was super excited! We will be telling DH family next week when they come down to visit :)
  • Options
    And we told my brother and sister-in-law yesterday... She yelled "HA! I win the bet! IN YOUR FACE!" at my brother. Apparently she bet we would have a baby on the way before 2016, he bet IN 2016. *eyeroll* 

He did manage to mutter "Congratulations" - but also asked if we could have told them in a couple of days? (We were unaware of betting)

• Options
    We had DS paint a picture for my parents for Christmas. On the back, I wrote "Merry Christmas, Love the soon-to-be big brother" My mom stared at me and had my dad read it. She started crying and my dad was very excited. My sister and bil were there and were so excited. My sister kept hugging me.

We told my husband's brother and sil this weekend. We wanted to have DS wear a big brother shirt but couldn't find one, ao we bought baby hats and wrapped them. When his brother opened them, he was really confused. My husband said " oh sorry, those are ours." My sil started screaming. Lol

Great reactions all around! With our DS, we just called everyone so this was a great experience.
  • Options
    We told all of our parents over the holidays. I said I wanted a family picture and had everyone stand near the tree - I hit video instead of photo so it was all recorded - I said ok everyone say cheese, everyone say merry Christmas , now everyone say Missy's pregnant! It was hilarious - my sil got it first and let out a yay, my mil looked confused then screamed MISSYS PREGNANT!!! for reals?! Lol and she almost threw my toddler nephew over her shoulder and the guys all started saying All Right! Haha My mom and sister started doing the ugly cry face and my dad just hugged me for a long time :). It was a fun surprise
  • Options
    We told our families over Christmas. We had DS in a shirt that said No. 1 BIG Bro. And it took almost everyone quite a while to notice his shirt. Some were even looking right at him.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • Options
    We told our immediate families over Christmas.  Last time, we didn't do anything exciting and just told everyone in conversation.  This time, we wanted to have a little fun.  For my family, we had all of my nieces and nephews, and my son, get together for a picture in front of my parents' Christmas tree.  After a few snaps, I told everyone that we were missing one cousin...  after a lot of confusion, I hopped in the picture.  Great reaction!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I was going to wait until my parents come visit me in late January. I'm only 5wks now and by their visit I will be 9. BUT, they're visiting to go on a ski trip with me, and when I found out skiing is a no-no for pregnant women, I thought I better tell them, in case they want to cancel the trip or change plans for another activity. So I decided to make it a Christmas surprise even though it's way early. I had to tell them over the phone since DH and I were with his family this year, but they were thrilled! It does add an extra element of worry for me over the potential for a loss, since it wouldn't just be me and DH's feelings on the line, but I am still glad I told them, they are so thrilled!
  • Options
    @mamarusaw I used a shirt too! My sister and stepmom both took a minute to get it, but screaming soon ensued which then everyone else figured it out pretty quickly!

For my mother in law we wrapped a mug that said "Grandma August 2016" and she squealed for forever before she finally got out any words. Though we told her it is still pretty much a secret since it's so early and she then told EVERYONE she saw for the next two days :| Oh well