August 2016 Moms
Options

Woops!

I accidentally ate the balogna that you eat with cheese and crackers not even thinking ...i didn't cook or nuke it...should I still be okay? I'm trying not to be a worry wart buuuuut...that's easier said than done lol

Re: Woops!

• Options
    You'll be fine :) honestly I never heard the whole lunch meat thing until my third trimester last pregnancy big whoops!!!! Lol and I'm not gonna say I'll never eat lunch meat this pregnancy but it'll be rare
  • Options
    I ate salami the other day and today. I think it's not a super big deal until about 9 weeks when your placenta is fully functioning. But that's me, haha. Weird logic of mine :smile:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My nurse practitioner said deli meat is fine. She has never seen a case of listeria from deli meat. Just make sure it doesn't sit out for a long time.
  • Options
    I ate salami yesterday. I have no regrets. I was sick aaalllll day and afterwards I wasn't. Such a nice break. Lol but I've heard buying from the deli is the best option
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. The last listeria outbreaks have been in ice cream, spinach and cantaloupe. No one tells you to avoid those.
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options
    My OB said that as long as it's from a clean source and not expired it's 100% fine to eat. There haven't been listeria cases in many years. I understand the worry though. Working in a hospital I often go home and worry about what I caught, touched or ate. Ugh!
    Allie

Married Since - 11.19.2012
    Daughter Born - 10.16.2013

Angel Twin Boys - 07.03.2014
    Baby #2 Due - 08.21.2016
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I second everything these ladies said. My OB said it was perfectly fine. I've found myself freaking out about things I've ate too, but I just remind myself that a lot of once passed as "rules" in regards to pregnancy are no longer applicable, or have been disproved. 
  • Options
    bananers said:
    I wouldn't worry about it. The last listeria outbreaks have been in ice cream, spinach and cantaloupe. No one tells you to avoid those.
    Exactly.  Avoid deli meat, sushi and soft serve from sketchy places but dont stress too much about it.  Also, it only will hurt the baby if you get really ill (like in the hospital).  So assuming you feel fine, baby is fine.