January 2016 Moms

Tilted Uterus and Delivery?

Okay, so I am 39 weeks tomorrow and my OB says my uterus is still "posterior." When I had my pap when I was first pregnant he told me I had a retroverted uterus. He keeps telling me when she drops fully that it should straighten out; however, I am trying to look that up and can't find anything that says this! I am concerned that it won't straighten out and I will pretty much have to have a section. Any one have any insight on this?!

Re: Tilted Uterus and Delivery?

• I also have a tilted uterus, and while baby stayed posterior for nearly my entire pregnancy, I was able to deliver just fine vaginally. Lots of changes in position for you and baby can happen during the delivery process! Not to worry. Still plenty of time. :)
  • This is way more common than what we are told! A lot of women have a tilted uterus. I do, I was told it will make getting pregnant a bit more difficult and delivery could be a challenge. I got pregnant with both my kids after the first "try" and my first came out in less than 30mins and 3 pushes. Just keep your mind open to different laboring positions if needed and try not to stress over it. Best of luck!