September 2016 Moms
Options

Not many people here yet! Intro/our story

AlyeenaAlyeena member
edited December 2015 in September 2016 Moms
*loss mentionned*

So I got a positive test a few days ago on 5dp5dfet and while I am happy I am also very cautious and a little bit scared.

A little background about our journey to conceive:

Me and my husband started trying on December 28, 2011, almost four years ago. This has been a long, difficult and painful journey but I really hope with all my heart that with the TTC journey will be over with this pregnancy and we can begin the journey into parenthood.

After two years of TTC we decided to consult with an RE, the diagnosis came back a few weeks later, I have PCOS and Hypothyroidism and my husband has low sperm count and motility. We then saw a urologist to get a procedure done on my husband, he had a varicocele vein and correcting it may of improved the sperm quality. Unfortunatly It did not really change anything and the only viable option for pregnancy was IVF. A few months later I was put on the birth control pill to prepare my body for what was to come and then many injections and ultrasounds later we retreived 12 eggs, 11 of them fertilized and 7 made to day 5 blastocysts, beautiful, amazing quality blastocysts.
A few days after we transfered one, and it made it! I got my first ever positive, let me tell you after years of stark white tests I was so happy to finally see a positive! But it was not meant to be, I miscaried at 8 weeks, we never even got to hear a heartbeat.

The miscariage process was not easy, I was prescribed misoprostol and had to take two doses before it started. It was the most painful cramps I ever experienced in my life and I would later find out were actually closer to contractions. Then when we went in for the follow up ultrasound there was still tissue in there so I had to take those pills again and this time had an allergic reaction, I had a rash all over my body and was so itchy. Even after that there was still a little bit of tissue left and it took two months of birth control before it finally fell out on it's own.

In November we were told we could finally try again, two more weeks of birth control, two weeks of Lupron injections then I started progesterone and Estrogen and finally had my frozen embryo transfer on December 15th. My embryo was as perfect as the first and thawed beautifully. And now a few days later I got that positive :) And the line keeps getting darker everyday, today I am on 9dp5dfet

Sorry this ended up being quite long but I really wanted to share my story, talking about it helps, even on forums. After my misscariage this summer I stayed pretty cooped up, and did not want to talk about it to anyone. But now that I am speaking about it I feel like such a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. And it makes me hope again!
Thank you for reading all of this :) Hope everything goes well for al of us September future mom's :)
35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
Miscarriage at 8 weeks
FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
First saw  at 6w4d
It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

Re: Not many people here yet! Intro/our story

• Options
    That is quite a journey! Congrats on the new positive and sending you sticky baby dust! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Hey @Alyeena I was lurking and saw you posted, had to see what it said!

Sorry about your loss (tw-I lost my baby too) but congrats on your bfp!

Hoping your pgal brain stays away! So happy for you an hoping this is your rainbow take home baby!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mommygrams0730 Thank you very much. I very much hope this will be our rainbow baby as well.

I am so so sorry to hear about your loss. I know how painful it is. Hope you soon get your rainbow baby too!!! What are the next steps for you? If you don't mind me asking of course.
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

• Options
    Thanks for the well wishes @Alyeena!

We're going to wait until after my bil's wedding in May and then try again. My loss was very late again (16 and the one before that 14w) and so after I had my follow up I decided to move on from my doctor. I just felt like there should have been more of a watchful eye than what he was giving me. Maybe the outcome would have been the same, but it just felt off to me. So I need to set up an appt with a new doctor (recommended from a friend) for a well woman visit so that I'll be ready when I get my next bfp.

I've only recently started lurking on bmb's again, but I'll totally be following (aka stalking) you!

• Options
    @mommygrams0730 I'm so sorry to hear that! It is a very late loss, I can't imagine how hard it must be. I totally understand wanting to wait!

I really really hope this next doctor is very good, and does more to follow you and appease you! It is so important to feel comfortable with the doctor you have, to be able to talk about your worries and fears.
    The fact that you feel that they should of kept a more watchful eye on you but did not makes me sad, you deserve someone who will take the time to make sure all is well.

I don't know if you post often on other boards (I am not in the LFAF group anymore) but I will follow you too for some news! :)
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

• Options
    @Alyeena - So sorry for your loss! Congrats on your BFP! H & H 9 months!!

Me - 33, DH - 33
    Married - May 2014
    DH - Low Count/Motility/Morph - Varicocele vein x 2 - surgery (8/11) - success!
    BFP - 10/10/15, EDD - 6/20/16 - It's a BOY!
    Baby #1 - 6/29/16 - Lucas Christopher, 10 lbs 3 oz, 22.25 inches
    Baby #2 - TTC May 2017
    BFP - 9/10/17, EDD - 5/26/18 - It's a GIRL! - RCS May 22nd

My Chart

BabyFruit Ticker