August 2016 Moms
Options

Stay at home moms, come in!

TheTamedShrewTheTamedShrew member
edited December 2015 in August 2016 Moms
I wanted to see how many other SAHMs are here on the August board. Maybe we could do a weekly/monthly check-in or something?

EDD for August baby?

How many kids at home?

Ages?

Do you work from home or part time?

Do you plan on going back to work full-time at some point? If so, when?

What is one of your favorite activities to do with the kid(s) at home?

Any new milestones for current kids?

How are your children reacting to the new baby coming?

ETA: I thought of other questions
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Anniversary       

Re: Stay at home moms, come in!

• Options
    EDD for August baby? 8/31

How many kids at home? 1

Ages? 2.5 year old girl

Do you work from home or part time? No

Do you plan on going back to work full-time at some point? If so, when? I currently have no plans to. It wouldn't make sense financially. However, I would like to continue my education once all the kiddos are in school.

What is one of your favorite activities to do with the kid(s) at home? I love taking DD to local playgrounds and the library.

Any new milestones for current kids? We just successfully potty trained DD. yay!

How are your kids reacting to new baby? She is starting to understand there is a baby in mommy's belly and keeps talking to it and kissing my stomach. :smile: 
    Anniversary       

• Options
    EDD for August baby? 8/26

How many kids at home? 1

Ages? 18 months

Do you work from home or part time? Currently working 2 days a week, but will sah full time when baby #2 comes.

Do you plan on going back to work full-time at some point? If so, when? Yes, when both kids start school.

What is one of your favorite activities to do with the kid(s) at home? We have annual passes for the aquarium and the zoo which dd loves.

Any new milestones for current kids? She's definitely picking up words so quickly now.

How are your children reacting to the new baby coming? She doesn't really understand yet, but we'll just keep repeating it as things go along.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD for August baby? Aug 20 I think, but haven't been to the doc yet to confirm :)

How many kids at home? 1

Ages? 20 months

Do you work from home or part time? 2 days a week, Saturday and Monday

Do you plan on going back to work full-time at some point? If so, when? I hope not :)

What is one of your favorite activities to do with the kid(s) at home? Color/fingerpaint with music playing, so also singing and dancin around

Any new milestones for current kids? Starting to talk so much more...kids are so funny :)

How are your children reacting to the new baby coming? He has no clue, so it's easy so far! Except when we ask where the baby is he points to my belly :)

• Options
    EDD for August baby? August 16, though I am secretly hoping this baby will be born 8 days early (DD2 was eight days early) and his/her BD can be 08/08/16.

How many kids at home? 2 girls

Ages? 1 and 3

Do you work from home or part time? nope

Do you plan on going back to work full-time at some point? If so, when? Yes! Definitely but it was most likely be after we are done having all our babies and they are all in school. So, it will be awhile.

What is one of your favorite activities to do with the kid(s) at home? We do a lot of painting.

Any new milestones for current kids? Not currently but I plan on starting potty training with DD2 in late spring/early summer so that we don't have two in diapers

How are your children reacting to the new baby coming? DD1 is really excited and wants to name our new baby Rainbow and has informed me that she DOES NOT want a brother. DD2 is pretty clueless.

• Options
    EDD for August baby? 8/11

How many kids at home? 1

Ages? 11 months

Do you work from home or part time? I work 1-2 days for a couple hours doing horse and dog massage therapy.  I also blog from home.

Do you plan on going back to work full-time at some point? If so, when? I'd like to just stick with part time until the kids go into school but we'll see.

What is one of your favorite activities to do with the kid(s) at home? Not necessarily at home, but DD loves it when we take walks in the park and swing at the playground.

Any new milestones for current kids?  She's been taking 1-2 unassisted steps for a couple months now, but starting yesterday she is a legitimate walker haha.  She also recently started clapping any time we say "go broncos" which is awesome haha.

How are your children reacting to the new baby coming?  She's too young to understand.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    EDD for August baby? 15th

How many kids at home? 1 ds and 2 sds that are school age

Ages? 2, 8, 9

Do you plan on going back to work full-time at some point? If so, when? Not any time soon

What is one of your favorite activities to do with the kid(s) at home? We love to bake together, build forts and dig holes outside

Any new milestones for current kids? Ds has had a word explosion lately. He's using full sentences and repeats everything.

How are your children reacting to the new baby coming?
    Haven't told them yet.
  • Options
    EDD is August 11. This baby is our first. I do not work, and have no plans to. I told my neices and nephews, and all of them are thrilled.
  • Options
    EDD for August baby? 8/7

How many kids at home? 1

Ages? 20 months

Do you work from home or part time? No.

Do you plan on going back to work full-time at some point? If so, when? After kids are in school.

What is one of your favorite activities to do with the kid(s) at home? Sing and dance and reading books

Any new milestones for current kids? He's been talking a lot lately and pretty much repeats everything we say.

How are your children reacting to the new baby coming? He kisses my belly and answers yes when we ask if he's going to be a big brother.
  • Options
    EDD for August baby?     Somewhere around the 22-24

How many kids at home? 1

Ages?  20 months

Do you work from home or part time?  I watch an 8 month old 5 days a week, am a fitness instructor a few hours a week, and I also work part-time when needed for the company I worked for before kids.

Do you plan on going back to work full-time at some point? If so, when?  Maybe at some point.  I always thought I would when the kids were in school but we are thinking about homeschooling so that would push it back. 

What is one of your favorite activities to do with the kid(s) at home? We read and color a ton.

Any new milestones for current kids?  My dd has been daytime potty learned since 16 months and is now waking to go potty at night.  So excited that she is out of diapers before the next one comes. 

How are your children reacting to the new baby coming?  Haven't really discussed it.  We will a few months from now but I want to make sure everything is going well before it's discussed. 
  • Options
    EDD is August 3rd. This is our first and I won't be returning back to work. I've always wanted to be a SAHM so I'm really excited to be able to.
  • Options
    EDD for August baby? Aug 6th

How many kids at home? 1

Ages? 22 months

Do you plan on going back to work full-time at some point? If so, when? Don't know, but I need to do something though. Getting board, and I can feel my brain cells slowly dying.

What is one of your favorite activities to do with the kid(s) at home? Drawing with crayons, reading.

Any new milestones for current kids? No more naps. Sigh....

How are your children reacting to the new baby coming? Haven't told her yet, otherwise she'd expect the baby now. Will tell her when it gets a little closer and my belly gets bigger.
  • Options
    EDD for August baby? 8/3

How many kids at home? 1

Ages? 20 months

Do you work from home or part time? Nope

Do you plan on going back to work full-time at some point? If so, when? No current plans. Kind of want to home school so will probably continue my education during this pregnancy.

What is one of your favorite activities to do with the kid(s) at home? We go to a lot of play groups and baby wearing meet ups.

Currently working on potty training :)

How are your children reacting to the new baby coming? Doesn't quite understand it, but loves all babies, so hopefully she will do well when LO is born.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    EDD for August baby? Aug 28

How many kids at home? 2 boys.

Ages?8 and 5

Do you work from home or part time? Nope

Do you plan on going back to work full-time at some point? If so, when? Nope. Maybe part time after kids are all in school.

What is one of your favorite activities to do with the kid(s) at home? While the oldest is at school, my little guy and I love going to the Library, doing puzzles and anything outside.

Any new milestones for current kids? Nothing recently.

How are your children reacting to the new baby coming? They ask for a new baby all. The. Time. But, we haven't told them yet.
    Edited to add.
  • Options
    EDD for August baby? 8/14

How many kids at home? 1

Ages? 21m

Do you work from home or part time?
    Nope

Do you plan on going back to work full-time at some point? If so, when?
    No plans to. I'll eventually own a piece of my dad's business but that won't require me to work full time.

What is one of your favorite activities to do with the kid(s) at home?
    We go to tumbling, story time at the library, parks, and lately we've been baking together.

Her language skills are amazing and it's crazy how quickly it's happened. I feel like she went from babbling to full sentences overnight!

How are your kids reacting to new baby? She doesn't quite understand yet. I tell her I have a baby in my tummy and she just looks at it then goes to play with her toys lol

Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    EDD for August baby? August 16th

How many kids at home? 5! All girls!

Ages? 9, 7, 5, 3, 2

Do you work from home or part time? I sell Scentsy but that's more of a hobby than work

Do you plan on going back to work full-time at some point? If so, when? Not until all the kids are in school!

What is one of your favorite activities to do with the kid(s) at home? I love to just sit on the floor and play with them!

Any new milestones for current kids? None at the moment. My youngest will be 2 tomorrow!

How are your children reacting to the new baby coming? We haven't told them yet and don't plan on it until around 12ish weeks! We aren't really telling much of anyone until then or after. Only a few people know.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    EDD: August 16!

How many kids at home: one 13 month old boy named Hudson (Huddy)

Do you work part time?
    I am a mental health counselor and work 10 hours a week. It ends up being one afternoon a week and one morning.

So you plan on going back to work full time at some point?
    We have no plans to. I like being able to work a bit outside the home a bit because it gives me the opportunity to do both things I love... Counseling and being a mom.

Any milestones for current kids? My son is growing and learning and exploring like crazy. He is my wild & crazy guy and I love it!

How are your children reacting to having a sibling? Haha... He has no clue. Even though he was the first person I told :)

• Options

EDD for August baby - August 30th

How many kids at home - 2 (boy/girl)

Ages - 4 & 2

Do you work from home or part time- No

Do you plan on going back to work full-time at some point? If so, when? Maybe when all the kids are in school... 

What is one of your favorite activities to do with the kid(s) at home - CRAFTS or dancing and singing.

Any new milestones for current kids - Our 2yr old is excited to potty train and is very independent. 

How are your children reacting to the new baby coming - They don't know yet... my 4yr old is VERY verbal and talks nonstop... so until we tell other people, we're not telling them. Although he is an amazing big brother already, I know he'll be excited. He tells me we can't sell his old toys, because we might have another baby someday.
    BabyFruit Ticker