June 2016 Moms
Options

Any tea drinkers?

Since I gave up coffee I've been getting into drinking caffeine free tea. I've had green tea, fruit tea, and chamomile tea. I want to try something else. Any recommendations? What's your favorite tea?

If it helps, when I drink coffee I drink dark roast and I drink it black. So I go for more bitter/flavor than I do sweetness.

Re: Any tea drinkers?

• Options
    Irish breakfast tea is a really strong, dark tea. I actually tend to drink it with a little cream in it because it's pretty strong. If you like black coffee though you'd probably really enjoy it. 
    January Siggy Challenge: Why I don't shop at Walmart 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    HBamama2BHBamama2B member
    edited December 2015
    Ugh I'm a total tea nut! :) Lady gray decaf is really good, black or with cream and sugar! Nice bergamot flavor. My favorite is red raspberry leaf. It's a rich flavor (not sweet or flowery) and supports uterine health so it's very good for you (especially when you're trying to get the baby out at the end!) completely herbal and included in most pregnancy teas, although I prefer it by itself. Do not over steep. Can be found at most good food stores.

I steer clear of chamomile (will have in very limited quantity/ light steep) and green teas. I do really like jasmine flowers as long as it's not mixed with green tea (very light and usually have to find at a tea or coffee shop) and white teas are always great and subtle when not mixed with the green. Hope this helps!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love ice tea(had to cut back cause of the caffeine), and my favorite is the Plantation Mint from Bigelow. It is a spearmint tea. 
  • Options
    vulpinivulpini member
    edited December 2015
    If you want to spoil yourself a little, check out adagio.com. They have a lot of teas of all kinds, both loose and in bags. They have ratings and reviews so you can get an idea of what you might like and you can buy little sample sizes or pre-designed sampler sets to start with.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've been doing plain decaf Lipton tea in the morning and a peach tea from Teavana at night (I think it's called Peach Tranquility?) it's a lighter herbal tea and so good!
    DS born 6/2/14 #2 due 5/31/16

• Options
    Thanks ladies! Looks like I'm going to have to sample a few and find my favs. I haven't heard of most of these so now I know what to look for! Thanks!
  • Options
    The most bitter tea I have had is Dandelion tea. When I was first giving up coffee, someone had recommended it to me. It was an acquired taste, but once that happened, I found it delicious.
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• Options
    Rooibos tea is a really good caffeine free tea. An earthy tasting, not sweet tea from South Africa. If you find the right cafe they'll make you a Rooibos latte or cappuccino. Pretty good alternative to coffee.