February 2016 Moms
Options

I lied (and other confessions).

I pretended to have a sore throat to get out of a Christmas party tonight. There was no way to be sure there would be good food, just booze, so why waste my energy? To be honest I really wasn't feeling well but now I think I'm just tired and uninspired to put on party clothes and go out in a foot of snow.

Really, I'm too tired to do anything that doesn't involve food. I can't bring myself to fold laundry, wrap presents or clean the bathrooms but I've literally made three batches of cookies and seven types of Christmas candy in the last few days.

I wish I could have you all over to eat candy and watch our bellies move around.

What's your guilty Christmas confession? Trust nest!

Re: I lied (and other confessions).

• Options
    Lol, I'm in the same boat as you! 5 types of cookies in 2 days, laundry... eh maybe later... cleaning... nah don't feel like it, grocery shopping... not unless it's for something I'm craving, napping and watching tv. Ah yes, I shall make time for that! That's definitely on my impo

Mommy to my Angel baby Domenico Anjelo M/C 11 weeks 12/20/2014
    C/P 4/15/2015 5 weeks
    BFP 6/15 /15 Due: 2/25/16

• Options
    I don't go anywhere anymore lol! Well, i grocery shop sometimes and thr nesting has hit pretty hard the past couple of days. Can't be bothered to wash the dishes so whenever hubby gets around to it....THEN I'll make cookies and fudge. But not until then :p
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    srecupidosrecupido member
    edited December 2015
    @MrsCurlyFries I'm glad I'm not the only one with a baking complusion!

I haven't lied yet but.. This is the second year for a basketball tournament in honor of my MIL. It's two 6 hours days next week and I'm anticipating work to be 'really busy' all of a sudden. I love my husband but sitting in high school bleachers for that long was bad pre pregnancy and having all the teachers come up and make uncomfortable small talk about the baby and mentioning how happy my mil would have been having a grand baby is not my idea of a good time.

I don't mean to sound so heartless, for the most part I get along well with my husbands family. We moved states shortly after my mils passing to be on the same street as my fil and I make sure he has home cooked meals, check in on him often etc. but yes, sometimes I lie to have some peace and quiet to myself.
  • Options
    I honestly love getting dressed up and going to events etc. I actually haven't done any baking but I wish I did more of it. So jealous ladies lol. But my confession is that I'm truly annoyed that my husband is waiting last minute to get things for the baby. His thing is that we have time. Yes, but I'm almost 34 weeks and I like to personally be prepared way ahead of time. The babies crib is still in the box in our office. I know he works a lot so I'm waiting patiently but I just want everything to be done.
  • Options
    I haven't lied yet, but I love everything about this post. I can totally relate. Sitting around, eating, with our feet propped up and watching our bellies jump around sounds like an AMAZING time! :-)
  • Options
    My confession that I really do feel guilty about is that I don't think we're going to make it to church tonight or tomorrow. I busted my butt cleaning house for ILs to come visit and I HURT. I really just want to come home after today's festivities, watch a Christmas movie with DD, and go to bed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Considering lying about DDs Christmas dress. MIL ALWAYS wants to pick out and buy her dress and Christmas pajamas. I've already bought her Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dress and we got matching pjs this year for our Christmas card. So I'm going to tell MIL that the dress she bought is too big (it's a 4T and DD is in 3T) and that is was itchy (DD does have super sensitive skin and some clothes give her rashes).
    I know MIL is going to take it personally but I enjoy dressing MY child up in clothes I chose/like. I mean soon she'll want to choose her own...
  • Options
    You babes are so great. Seriously please just come over and eat all my peanut brittle and watch the Dolly Parton special with me.

Except maybe not. Well the lie turned out not to be a lie, damnit karma. The tiny bit slightly scratchy throat I used as an excuse turned into a full blown throat inferno overnight. Fever, aches, sneezes. Shit. This sucks. Husband told me I stunk and needed a shower and I started bawling.

I may murder my add/ocd hyper controlling father in law when he gets here in a couple hours. Tried to tell them I had the plague and to stay home but no luck. K bye I'll just be under the covers for the next two days. Bring me apple cider and prime rib.

Merry Christmas!!
  • Options
    @baya5 No judgment here. We've had people try to buy "special" (going home, Easter, Christmas, etc) outfits for DD and I no-shame shot them all down. I want to be the one to get her those things.. Sorry (or not)

• Options
    @MrsCurlyFries oh no!!! Hope you feel better and get a little rest :/
  • Options
    ShatzegirlShatzegirl member
    edited December 2015
    I must confess that I'm relieved our friends had to cancel on us tonight. I'm happy to just stay home in my pjs and eat corn chowder with sourdough bread instead of go to their house and chase my 3 1/2 year old around to keep him out of trouble. ;)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I told my parents I wouldn't be able to call again later to talk to all my aunts and uncles (they're going to my grandparents for the big dinner) . I'm totally able to, but they're all shady people and it's going to be loud and I have no interest in repeating "yeah. Pregnant. I know. Weird. Uh-huh. No, we don't leave here until March of 2017. I don't know. Maybe a summer visit." I already had to repeat it with my mom and dad even though they were in THE SAME ROOM.

I just don't want to talk to anyone. Bah humbug.
  • Options
    suteki325suteki325 member
    edited December 2015
    Man, I hear you. I wish I could stay at home in my jammies today rather than go to my in-laws for Christmas. Don't get me wrong - I'm lucky to be blessed with pretty great in-laws! But I am so beyond exhausted. I've been working a lot of hours here lately to try and save up money for my (unpaid) maternity leave, and I think I got maaaybe 3 or 4 hours of sleep last night. Insomnia has been kicking my butt this week. I just asked DH if he thought his mom would be mad if I stayed home today and then started bawling when he told me that yeah, it might upset her. Ugh, over Christmas, over insomnia, over hormones! Bah humbug, end rant.
  • Options
    VitaLuna said:

My confession that I really do feel guilty about is that I don't think we're going to make it to church tonight or tomorrow. I busted my butt cleaning house for ILs to come visit and I HURT. I really just want to come home after today's festivities, watch a Christmas movie with DD, and go to bed.

I was feeling this exact same way and the guilt won and we ended up going to church and I was so absolutely miserable the entire time and didn't get anything out of mass because I was so uncomfortable and DD was being a little turd. She was so funny though, every time someone went past our pew she would yell out "hi! How are you?!"
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    not really a lie, but my holiday confession is i had a glass of champagne behind DH's back on Christmas eve. Kaiser's health nurse went on and on about the evils of even just a little alcohol and has him completely convinced that any little bit will result in like a miscarriage or some birth defect, but i've done my research and know that this lady was very much just trying to scare us and it worked on him. so my sister gave me a small glass at my request when he was busy chit chatting and it tasted amazing.
    Married: 8/25/12
    Started TTC: 1/1/14
    BFP: 6/1/15
    Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16