Pregnant after 35
Options

What to expect as a 35 y/o AMA?

This is my second pregnancy, DS is 9 months and we wanted to have #2 as soon as our OB gave us his blessing. I got my BFP today. OB is out of the office until after the holidays so I haven't even scheduled my first appointment.

I'm wondering what to expect as far as differences from age 34 when I wasn't AMA. Am I automatically high risk? Do I see two doctors? Aside from one of the blood tests like panorama, I have no idea what to expect. Your experience is greatly appreciated.

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

Re: What to expect as a 35 y/o AMA?

• Options
    With the exception of one appointment with the MFM's genetic counselor and the NIPT, there has been absolutely no change in my care as a 35 year old pregnant woman versus my last pregnancy 4 years ago.
  • Options
    I'm 36 and haven't had any extra care except for the NIPT which came back normal.  The OB said I will have weekly NST towards the end of the pregnancy but that's it.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I had a relatively unremarkable pregnancy last time and I hope to have the same this time.

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

• Options
    Yeah, the biggest difference because of age was the rate of insurance coverage for genetic testing.