August 2016 Moms
Options

Chemo and pregnancy

Hi ladies! Question for ya. About 5 years ago I had Hodgkin's Lymphoma and had 6 months of chemo, during which my dr gave
me a Lupron shot to stop estrogen production so that chemo would not attack my ovaries and their rapidly reproducing cells. Have any of you gone on after chemo to have full term healthy babies? It makes me nervous knowing I'm carrying a baby and have had all those chemicals in my system.

Re: Chemo and pregnancy

• Options
    I had chemo in Nov 2014 - all docs said 6 months to get it out of your system. Chemo from 5 years ago is long-gone!!
  • Options
    Yay great glad to hear that thank you!!! And congrats to you :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had Hodgkin's lymphoma too! 6 years ago. Did not get the Lupron shot and it took a while to get pregnant, was seeing a RE who checked my AMH level which turned out to be fine so a good sign that the chemo didn't damage my ovaries. We are doing genetic testing as well just to make sure. Did you have ABVD? I was told it is not generally harmful to fertility and though this is my first pregnancy I know several people who have gone on to have healthy babies after ABVD. Congratulations on being in remission and on your pregnancy! Interesting to run into another Hodgkin's survivor here!
  • Options
    I had a friend who found out she had colon cancer while she was pregnant. She had to have chemo while she was pregnant and then they induced her when she was 35 weeks. Her little girl was born healthy and she is now cancer free.
  • Options
    @2cutepups87 yes ABVD! That is cool to run into you here! Congrats to you as well!!

@cm716 wow that is CRAZY!! How incredible.