July 2016 Moms
Options

Cyst found on ovary!?

erinfey09erinfey09 member
edited December 2015 in July 2016 Moms
At my NT scan, the sonographer found a cyst on my ovary :(  it measured 7cm one way, and 10cm the other way. He brought in a second opinion and neither said it was anything to be concerned about but to keep monitoring it with my OB... Naturally, I am a bit concerned. I'm sure everything will be fine, but still.

Has anyone else encountered this currently or in previous pregnancies?

and for the record, baby was perfect and fiesty! We even got a 'convinced' gender prediction!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Cyst found on ovary!?

• Options
    I have one on mine as well, my OB told me it's quite normal, they just monitor it. Not sure how big mine is but try not to worry to much!!
  • Options
    Have one on my right ovary. Doctor said sometimes it's from ovulation, sometimes it's not. She was not concerned in the slightest.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have one and it's actually pretty sore. Ob said it's a corpus luteum cyst, it's normal and actually helps support the pregnancy in the first trimester. Totally normal and actually a good thing she says.
  • Options
    kaymar said:
    I have one and it's actually pretty sore. Ob said it's a corpus luteum cyst, it's normal and actually helps support the pregnancy in the first trimester. Totally normal and actually a good thing she says.
    weird that it supposedly helps! Mine's a bit sore when I lay on that side, but hey! If it's good then I'll learn to accept it

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I have one two. Mine is smaller but US tech said they are fairly common and usually benign. I imagine they will monitor yours more due to the size since they may cause discomfort and she said they will be monitoring mine for growth as well. Hope it puts your mind at ease some :)
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    I have had them most of my life. They don't do anything but chill. I had one rupture once during ovulation and it hurt like a bitch. But I survived, it was just pain no complications. I still have cysts and my dr has no concerns about them and my pregnancy.
  • Options
    It is very common to have in first tri. I have PCOS and know the feeling of cysts (even worse when they rupture) and could feel one at the beginning of this pregnancy, but it's fine and quite normal at this stage.
  • Options
    I have 4 on my right ovary and 2 on my left, isn't fertility just fun!

My Dr is not worried. They will go away one day.

Here is a tip, if your Dr is not worried you don't need to either.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. The sonographer wasnt concerned but I will be seeing my Dr. on the 15th.

I'm sure I'll be just fine :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Yes. They're common and not a problem.
    TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker