August 2016 Moms
Options

Anyone preg with 4th?

I'm only 6 weeks so I have told just 1 friend but I am eager to tell a few more, yet very nervous about how to handle others negative reactions. Of course, I'm vulnerable anyway, but add being pregnant &&& it being my 4th (while I'm thrilled to have this big family) I'm just feeling bad I guess about what I'm supposed to say when people are surprised and/shitty about my news. I have a large group of women friends but most are older than me & most are DONE having their kids so I feel their pressure to be done, intended or not!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone preg with 4th?

• Options
    I am having my fourth. Other than my mom I really don't care what others think. We are financially stable and my job allows for me to stay home with them during the week while working weekends. Do not let your friends pressure you. Just because something is good for one person, doesn't mean it is good for others. Nobody ever looks back and says "damn, I wish I had never had that kid".
  • Options
    Congrats! This is our 4th pregnancy but 3rd baby. (Mc in mar 12) we plan to have more after 3 so I understand the dilemma. We also have one of each so we've had lots of oh so you're done now right, you know they don't make any other kinds right? Big families don't make sense to lots of people but people's opinions don't matter! Dh is one of 9 it's so fun to hang out with his family! @mrsodonnell12 is on her 4th

Married 5/2/09 To my best friend 
    Lillianna Faith Born 8/26/10- My big girl kindergartner!
    Peach- MC 3/2012
    Logan Christopher Born 2/3/13- My little fighter, cardiac defects, 2 cancer scares and more surgery, tests, MRIs, cat scans, xrays than most people would have to face their whole life.   

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are having our 4th. I can't imagine anyone saying anyhrinf negative to us, but people do amaze me sometimes ;)

Don't let their reaction spoil the fun!
    Mom to Carter, Kendall, Kiersten and Baby O #4

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am pregnant with our fourth and we have only had one person give a negative reaction so far. The crazy thing is...it was my MIL. She is another story anyway so we just blew it off.
  • Options
    I just wanted to say how annoying I find it when people interject their opinions on others' reproductive choices - whether it's their first, fourth or eighth. I would tell people it's what you want for your family and you're not asking for their help, so why do they care?
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options
    It's so so nice to have some support! Thank you ladies!! I feel sometimes as if I'm the only one who is in my shoes (even though I KNOW many people have 4 kids), but in my community, people act as if 4 is crazy. I do/will get much congrats & support I'm sure, but unfortunately a few of my closest friends won't "get it" ,,, thanks again!

• Options
    Ktande22 said:

Congrats! This is our 4th pregnancy but 3rd baby. (Mc in mar 12) we plan to have more after 3 so I understand the dilemma. We also have one of each so we've had lots of oh so you're done now right, you know they don't make any other kinds right? Big families don't make sense to lots of people but people's opinions don't matter! Dh is one of 9 it's so fun to hang out with his family! @mrsodonnell12 is on her 4th

I'm sorry for your loss -- I love hearing you feelings on your spouses family, that's in fact the sole reason I wanted 4;) I do love my babies, but I really feel so blessed that I'll have just a big family at all their ages!

• Options
    Although this is my third, this is definitely how I feel. I've already gotten one "congratulations, I think...", and we're planning to tell our parents on Christmas and aren't sure what to expect. They've all made it clear we should be done, we have 1 of each and 2 kids is plenty. My MIL actually suggested a vasectomy a couple years ago, and my mother groans every time I remind her a 3rd is possible le.
  • Options
    This is my fourth as well. I have two sons and had a daughter this past March. My mom in a round-a-bout way told me "now you're done/complete". I know she wanted 4 kids but was unable to. So I'm not sure if that bothers her. My husband is from a big family so they will love it.