August 2016 Moms
Options

PGAL check-in 12/23

Maybe we can start doing this weekly? Mondays have lots of check-ins, we could do it then, or mix it up on Wednesday.

Weeks:

What's next (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to):

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:

GTKY: What have you found to be the most reassuring or calming thing to help with PGAL anxiety?
me 30; DH 35
TTC since May 2014.
Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
Short LP (8 days).
Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

Re: PGAL check-in 12/23

• Options
    Weeks: 8+5

What's next: first prenatal appointment next week, and we are doing a photo shoot next Tuesday and we will use our favorite pic as our New Year's card/announcement in late January.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: up again in the wee hours of the morning. Arg. But at least my boobs aren't hating me - I got some stretchy bras at Target this weekend and they are soooo comfortable! One is a maternity/nursing bra for sleeping so I've been wearing it at night. Finally some comfort!

GTKY: What have you found to be the most reassuring or calming thing to help with PGAL anxiety?
    Two things for me. 1. Weekly acupuncture and 2. Meditations and positive affirmations. When I am getting nervous I'll take some time to lay down in a quiet room and repeat things like "I am happy, healthy and pregnant" or "my baby knows exactly what to do to grow, be nourished and be healthy". Super helpful at making me feel less nervous and happier!
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Options
    hope+joy+lovehope+joy+love member
    edited December 2015
    Thanks for starting this @AL_TwinCities Great idea.

Weeks: 5+3

What's next (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to): dating ultrasound on the 4th!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I've gotten a bad cold!!! ive had the stuffy nose for a few weeks but yesterday I had a scratchy throat and by evening was achy. Woke up in the night because of the phlegm and sore throat. Now I'm on the couch awake :neutral: annoyed because I'd usually take emergency-c, day/NyQuil and drink lots of herbal tea but I don't feel safe doing any of those right now. Short day at work today then I'm off til the new year so hopefully I can rest.

GTKY: What have you found to be the most reassuring or calming thing to help with PGAL anxiety? I am doing my best to enjoy it and be happy this time. I was so angry with myself after my loss that I didn't even feel excited most of the time bc of worry. Whatever happens I'm going to enjoy this baby while I can. I also use affirmations like you @AL_TwinCities I usually say "my baby is strong!" Or "my baby is doing just fine!"

Edited bc omg I used the wrong @! So tired, sick and pg!
    Me: 28 - DH: 33
    Married: Sept. 2012
    Began TTC #1: Jan. 2015
    BFP #1: July 2015, EDD 3/7/2016, Blighted Ovum, D&C at 12 weeks
    BFP #2: December 2015, EDD 8/27/2016, Blighted Ovum, D&C at 7 weeks
    BFP #3: August 2016, EDD 4/23/2017, Missed MC, D&C at 8 weeks
    BFP #4: January 2017, EDD 9/26/2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Weeks: 4w5d

Viability ultrasound on Jan 11th

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I'm spending next week at my moms. We don't want anyone to know until after the ultrasound, so hopefully no one figures it out.

GTKY: What have you found to be the most reassuring or calming thing to help with PGAL anxiety? I'm still peeing on wondfos. :(

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Weeks: 7w1d

What's next (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to): I have my first appointment this morning. I'm more excited today but yesterday I was just anxious/nervous. I'm sure that anxiety will come back once we're there.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Positive vibes all around. I'm crossing my fingers that this morning goes well...

GTKY: What have you found to be the most reassuring or calming thing to help with PGAL anxiety? I started doing prenatal yoga again. Taking the time to just stretch and focus on breathing really calms my nerves. I highly recommend it!
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
  • Options
    Weeks: 4w3d

What's next (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to): Looking forward to doctor's appointment on Jan 12.  Hoping to convince the doctor to order an early ultrasound at 8-9 weeks, but not keeping my hopes up.  Otherwise, just looking forward to the first ultrasound at 12 weeks (mid Feb), and hoping I make it that far.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Sending everyone sticky baby vibes.  We told my family this week, even though it's early, because I'll need their support if I lose this one.  Everyone is excited and hopeful. :)

GTKY: What have you found to be the most reassuring or calming thing to help with PGAL anxiety? Intuition. Last pregnancy I had an overwhelming sense of anxiety that I couldn't shake.  This voice in my head kept saying "no, no, no" when we shared the news with close friends/family.  The anxiety isn't here this time, so I'm hoping that is a positive sign.  I'm nervous, of course, but I don't have that underlying sense of foreboding.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Options
    Weeks: 7w4d

What's next (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to): Ultrasound again today (doctor is doing weekly for first trimester), super nervous as today is 1 day before our last baby stopped growing (mmc)... but I'm trying to think positive.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I have the worst cough right now and already being super tired is not helping me get out of bed in the morning. So glad I took tomorrow off and have Friday off as well.

GTKY: What have you found to be the most reassuring or calming thing to help with PGAL anxiety? I practice some deep breathing and positive thoughts whenever I start to feel anxious. Honestly, I am just trying my best to be excited but I can't help but be reserved right now. These weekly ultrasounds also help ease my mind.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Weeks: 6 weeks

What's next (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to): My first appointment on Jan. 20. I'll be 10 weeks then. I can't wait to see the ultra sound and I'm really hoping it's viable.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I'm feeling a little better about the viability of this pregnancy just because I have so many symptoms. I feel sick constantly. That's gotta be a good sign, right?

GTKY: What have you found to be the most reassuring or calming thing to help with PGAL anxiety? Not really sure. I'm not got at staying calm until I know for sure everything is OK. Maybe the symptoms I'm getting are helping the most.

• Options

Weeks: 6 + 4

What's next (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to): first appointment on Jan 4th. 12 days. Such a long time

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: woke up with horrible stretching in my uterus. Couldn't sleep through it. Pregnancy is scary after a loss. Terrifying.

GTKY:
    I've been reading about natural childbirth. Dd1 was not unmedicated , so I've been dreaming of doing it differently for a while. At the core of natural birth philosophies is the belief in ones' body. The same principles are helping me now.
  • Options
    Mind if I join you?

Weeks: 5+2

Next u/s on 1/4 at 7w

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: had our first u/s yesterday and all looks as it should so far, but since our last loss was at 13w and everything was perfect until it wasn't, it's not super reassuring.

We're in the care of an RE this go-round. I had my betas monitored every other day for the first week and then we'll have ultrasounds every 1-2 weeks throughout first tri. I also had a ton of testing done and am on a bunch of medications to help me keep this baby. I know much is out of our control but I feel better knowing we are controlling all we can. I have control issues, which makes our situation particularly stressful.
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options
    Weeks:
    7w0d

My appointments on the 12th and 13th!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Getting excited to tell my mom on Christmas.

This time I'm just feeling a lot more positive and confident about things. It's hard when my symptoms lessen or I spot but I'm just trying to focus on being calm and planning for things to go well, I've decided to have a less cautious approach this time (telling family earlier, etc).

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @Fremdschamen I know exactly what you mean about intuition. With my first pregnancy, I told everyone immediately, even before the 4 week mark. But with my second one (the one that ended in loss), I just had a weird feeling about it. I didn't test positive until a day AFTER my missed period, and I just had a gut feeling that something wasn't right. It is a relief to not have that feeling with this one. <3
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
  • Options

What's next (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to): I got my blood drawn again this morning. Doctor should call me tonight or tomorrow morning with results. FX my levels double! That will let me breathe easier the next few days!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Nothing here.

GTKY: What have you found to be the most reassuring or calming thing to help with PGAL anxiety? Does not getting my hopes up count? Not really sure I've figured this one out yet, bumping with you ladies helps! I like the idea of prenatal yoga, but a friend of mine that is pregnant goes there so I think I will wait a little longer to start so I don't let the cat out of the bag.

• Options
    Weeks:  6+2

What's next:  My first appointment is January 6th.  I don't think they'll do an U/S or anything for me...it didn't sound that way anyway.  I'm assuming because my loss was a stillborn/late term situation rather than miscarriage?  I have no idea.  I'm looking forward to chatting with the doctor and getting some reassurances that what happened with our loss was too rare to happen to the same person twice...or something like that.  It's hard to really get my hopes up too high sometimes until I hit like 30 weeks.  Then I think I'll feel better...

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:  My best friend, who I had just found out was pregnant a couple of weeks ago, just had a miscarriage.  The night I found out, my husband and I DTD and I had some bleeding.  Suffice to say that day was incredibly stressful.  BUT, I love Christmas and am so excited for our little guy to get to actually experience it this year.  Yay! :)

GTKY:  Honestly, just the knowledge that I'm doing the best that I can, there's nothing more I can do, and worrying helps nothing.  It's not in my hands ultimately, and I find that (oddly) incredibly comforting.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kattyleighkattyleigh member
    edited December 2015
    Weeks: Right at 6

Next: First appointment in the 6th which includes an US. Betas were great last week, going from 5000ish to 11,000ish in 48 hours.

Rant/Rave: DTD Saturday night and had pink spotting, just a tiny amount and that freaked us out because that's how everything fell apart last time. Luckily I didn't wake up to real bleeding tgis time but we have sworn off sex until the first appointment.

GTKY: PGAL is full of so much anxiety. I'm afraid to really feel happy yet. Though this time I just feel more pregnant. Boobs are out of control, nausea more abundant. I don't really know how to relax about it. That's a problem.
  • Options
    Weeks: 5:3

What's next: second US on Tuesday

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: still not feeling ms, so I'm thankful for that

GTKY: the anxiety of going to the bathroom and praying there isn't any spotting is terrible
  • Options
    Weeks: 5+1
    What's next: ultra sound on Jan 6
    Rant, rave: feel much less nervous this time... Last time I had a bad feeling, but this time I have a good feeling until my mil started talking about it... Thanks for the doubt!
    GTKY: agree with Samm116 about going to the bathroom and seeing spotting, but I was psycho with prego on with DD... I lost baby 2 at 8 weeks but fetus was 6 weeks 2 days... More nervous about u/s
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .HelveticaNeueInterface-Regular;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl480\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs32 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    Good luck!
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .HelveticaNeueInterface-Regular;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl480\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs32 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options

What's next (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to): getting blood work done this week.

GTKY: What have you found to be the most reassuring or calming thing to help with PGAL anxiety? I'm not doing much really. I had late 1st term losses (13 weeks and 11 weeks) so not much will make me feel better until I hit the second trimester.
  • Options
    Hi ladies. ~5 weeks here.

What's next (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to): calling the clinic on Monday for blood work and another pee stick...and hopefully talking my primary doctor into letting me have an ultrasound at the clinic when it's time instead of making me wait, sending me on the German economy, and having to take a stupid four hour class about child care...because apparently this is my first rodeo. 

Rant: My husband is sick and acting like he's the first person ever to be ill. Also, I'm spotting, but Dr. Google and my previous OB assured me that it's common for this part of pregnancy. I'm still going to be in freak out mode until I can get an US and hit second tri. 
    Rave: The going home countdown has begun. I don't have that lingering "something is wrong" feeling that I did last time. 

GTKY: What have you found to be the most reassuring or calming thing to help with PGAL anxiety?:
    This time, I'm feeling more comfortable looking at baby stuff that I'll need and no longer have. I've picked out a stroller and a car seat. I've started looking at ring slings, etc. Last time, I had kind of a "meh" feeling and didn't really want to look at much. Even when I did go and look at stuff, I just didn't feel right about it. 

Wishing everyone the best of luck.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    Hi all! 7w/5d here. 3rd pregnancy but 1st two ended in MMC.

Whats next: 2nd blood draw tomorrow to confirm HCG is raising as it should. My 1st results looked right on target. I'll sch my viability US tom.

Rant/raves: not much. I feel pretty good. My boobs doubled in size overnight but they arent terribly sore. I (and my husband) have noticed i'm more irritable but not terrible. My 1st pregnancy Was pretty easy, minus the mmc, but symptom wise. My 2nd I was sick as a dog but still ended in mmc so Im not stressing about my lack of symptoms.

GTKY-PGAL im surpringsly calm. By now I understand its not up to me and im really ok with that. Ive been thru two losses and I survived, I can get thru it again. Ill probably have much more anxiety if this pregnancy progresses-everything will be new to me starting with the 2nd tri