High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

placenta previa

Im 18 weeks and just found out I have placenta previa has anyone else been told they have this I was put on rest no lifting over 10 pounds sex anything like that and will most likely have to have a c section

Re: placenta previa

• Options
    Yep! I followed doctor's orders and everything was fine. Your placenta could still move, too. Good luck and merry Christmas Eve!
  • Options
    I was told I had PP at 16 weeks and since then it has completley resolved. My uterus kept stretching and pulled it up and out of the way. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Has anyone had a complete previa and had it resolve? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine was complete at 18 weeks, partial at 28, go back the 17th to check again
  • Options
    With my first, I had complete, central previa at 20 weeks. This is the type that is most unlikely to move. I was really freaked out, but it did move! By 28 weeks, it was "marginal", and by 36 weeks, it had moved out of the way completely. I never had so much as a drop of bleeding, and had an easy vaginal delivery at 39 weeks. It's a scary diagnosis, but it can definitely turn out just fine!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Cautiously expecting our second little petri dish baby - stick, Baby, stick!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I was told I had placenta previa at 16 weeks and was put on pelvic rest.  My placenta moved by 32 weeks and I was able to deliver vaginally.
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just found out mine moved! I had placenta previa at 20 weeks, am currently 29 weeks, and it has completely moved.
  • Options
    I've been on pelvic rest since week 18 (24 weeks now), but I've been told that most previa cases resolve themselves by labour.