July 2016 Moms
Options

Workout check-in 12/22-

1) share your workouts this week.
2)what was hard/ where do you need encouragement.
3) plan for rest of the week.
April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

Re: Workout check-in 12/22-

• Options

Maternity workout from beach body. Every other day so far. I do need to find a prenatal yoga video, any suggestions?

It was definitely hard to get started every day but it always felt good after working out. On Sunday however, my hips felt loose and it was hard for me to go to sleep that night. Squatting was pretty hard that day too.

Continue pushing through and just like #1, any suggestions for prenatal yoga? If you are in NYC area any classes?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh I have been slacking this week. The gym is only open for 2 hour slots over the break (work and workout at a college) so I have had a terrible time this week being motivated. Today I am going to do T25 since we have a party during this evening's open hours. I have to make it to the weight room tomorrow and then T25 Christmas Eve for some cardio.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1) share your workouts this week: I tried prenatal yoga for the first time! (Saturday) It was really awesome because it was only the instructor and I, and she was really able to help me. I didn't realize how relaxing it would be in the end, but holy balls batman my hamstrings are TIGHT! and I'm still sore. I also did a good lot of walking on Tuesday, Friday and yesterday. (3.6, 2.3 and 4.3 respectively)

2)what was hard/ where do you need encouragement: Any help with relaxing/stretching hamstrings? I think runners can help me out (never been much of a runner with my hip issues.)

3) plan for rest of the week: Well yoga is out because of the holidays (I don't trust myself to do yoga by myself or with a video as I don't want to injure myself). I'm going to visit my sister and meet my new niece (sister is in the hospital right now!) and believe I'll be the one running around and cooking Christmas for us and our parents. Work has been very stressful with it being the busiest two weeks of the year, but I have $100 left in my "wellness" reimbursement and I think I'll join a gym when I get back. 
  • Options
    1. Yesterday I did 20 minutes of yoga. Whoever asked, I have an app on my phone called Daily Yoga and I like it. Today I took a walk for 28 minutes. Huffing and puffing the whole way. Is anybody else getting super out of breath very easily?
    2. It's hard to try to workout when I'm not feeling well! I'm tryin to tell myself I feel better on the days I workout...not sure if that's true or not...but at least it feels good mentally to do something.
    3. We are traveling for the holidays so it will likely be yoga. Too cold for walks in Wisconsin.
  • Options
    I came in to add I walked in the treadmill for 20 minutes today. I was proud of myself! But then you ladies are a bunch of badasses and make me feel I should step it up a bit haha
  • Options
    Lots of actually running back and forth between patient rooms at work is counting in my book. Today DH and I went on a nice long walk with the pup.

Just super hard getting motivated. I wish I had more prenatal yoga options around me, or could find a decent DVD to do at home. Any suggestions?

I'm planning to repeat our long walk tomorrow if I wake up with enough time before work. We'll walk more this weekend also. I am going to try to do more lower body exercises this weekend at home (squats, lunges).
  • Options

This week was not a good week for me! Too much last minute holiday prep and packing for our trip tomorrow. Last week I made it to Barre, Hot Pilates, 2 mile walk, Body Pump, and a yoga class... It was a good week! Hopefully will get my ass back on track next week. I'm trying to get in 4 workouts minimum... Usually a barre, yoga, Pilates, gym/weights and a TRX class. My gym offers a ton of different options so it's easy to find a class!
  • Options
    Made it for a leg day and hill climb on the treadmill this morning and went at 7:15am. I am a teacher and my husband was shocked! I have a lot to get done today though.
  • Options
    I'm going to Disneyland today. I estimate to be walking around 10000 steps in about 5 hours. What I can't guarantee is that I won't be walking with a turkey leg and/or corndog in my hand
  • Options
    @dolewhipper as for the hamstring streches check out what they have on YouTube, but if you're doing yoga thats pretty much all you need. Just do what you can and take it easy. Don't be afraid to stop and take a breather if you need. With time and practice your hamstrings will loosen up.
  • Options
    @austinjl I hear you on the huffing and puffing! It's 6 flights of stairs to my floor at work, and I do them at least 4 times a day. I'm out of breath by the second flight. I'm counting that as my exercise until the first of the year. 2nd trimester = time to get my booty in gear!
  • Options

1) share your workouts this week. Did 20 mins of prenatal cardio with Denise Richards
    2)what was hard/ where do you need encouragement. Right now I'm working out every other day. I would like to at least do 20 mins daily.
    3) plan for rest of the week. Keep it up and try not to overindulge on holiday food

• Options
    Yay for this thread!! Let me get back into exercising so I can be ready next week!
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Options
    My husband got me a prenatal yoga DVD for Christmas so I'm planning on trying that today! I've been looking into yoga classes in town but everything is so expensive!

Now that I've hopefully gotten my morning sickness under control with b6/unisom I'm planning on getting more cardio in. It was hard when every time I moved quickly I would throw up in my mouth. Yuck!

• Options
    I've been such a slacker!! Ms has come back with a vengeance this past week but I'm starting to feel better so to the gym 4 times this week to do light running or cardio and lifting! I hate feeling my muscles atrophy !

• Options
    Workouts: Crossfit
    Hard?  My lungs.  GOSH I'm out of breath! I know they say that comes with pregnancy but it could be that I'm eating a lot of foods lacking actual nutrients.
    Plan: Make better food decisions.  Go to class 2-3 x this week!
  • Options
    I went to the gym but only had time for cardio. I did 45 minutes on the elliptical which included a warm up and cool down.

My problem is getting started but once I start I feel great.

My plan for this week is to workout every other day.
  • Options
    indiekateindiekate member
    edited December 2015

• Options
    I used to do high-intensity interval training at Orange Theory 5-6 days a week, but I stopped going a few weeks ago when the nausea hit. The last time I was there, I threw up in my mouth a little. I can't wait to start feeling better so I can go back!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    I continue to struggle.  Pre-pregnancy I was working out 5 days a week (weights + cardio, total 45min-1 hour).  Now I'm struggling to get three workouts in per week.  My cardio is only about 20 minutes (much lower intensity), and I've toned my weightlifting way down with much lighter weights.  I swear I can feel my body slipping... ugh!  Well, the christmas goodies have sure not helped, so I guess that's a big part, too! 
    09/12/14 BFP (EDD 5/15/15) 
    10/06/14 US #1 showing baby at 6W1D w/ no HB (rather than 8W4D)
    10/13/14 US #2 confirming miscarriage 
    10/28/14   800mg oral cytotec (very good experience)  

• Options
    Anyone else's doctor tell them not to have their heart rate go over 140? It was actually the nurse and I sorta just nodded yea sure while thinking "you can't be serious"

Pre pregnancy I worked out 5-6 times a week, hour a day, usually doing Pilates/bootcamp/kettle bells/yoga so I would consider myself to be pretty in shape and used to maxing out my heart rate...

As an aside, I have been taking it easier in classes but wasn't sure if anyone else was getting the same advice
  • Options
    Hmmm...my doc didn't say that but she did say stick to workouts that my pre-pregnant body was used to and don't go starting any new crazy-strenuous workout.

You guys! Today I took the longest walk since pregnancy symptoms took over my life!!! I felt like I was walking faster and had more energy. I'm 12w3d. Seriously hope the second trimester is more pleasant than the first!!!
  • Options
    I did it I had a regular workout it was super hard and I felt exhausted the whole time but I ran for 40 minutes woohoo! Feel good now with all those nice endorphins ahh :)

• Options
    Love the topic on this thread!
    1. I've been keeping active with T25 and a 5day fit gaiam yoga dvd.
    2. Hardest part is making the time and getting going.
    3. Keep at it and hopefully turn the corner in the 2nd trimester with more energy.
  • Options
    The last 4 weeks the nausea and vomiting have hit so bad I haven't had the energy to continue my Ballet Baby workouts. I'm praying that the 2nd trimester will give me relief from the nausea and vomiting so that I can actually move and feel healthy. Not to mention my monthly pay for the gym just got deducted and I didn't use it once in December :(
  • Options
    @PinkLady2015 a friend on the Bump said her dr told her not to let her heart rate go over 140. I asked my dr about it and he didn't see any reason for that.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)