Two Under 2
Options

3 under 3 and it's starting to freak me out!

I never had an issue dealing with 2 under 2. My son was 7 months when I got pregnant again. Neither of those two were planned at all, just meant to be :) I'm currently pregnant with baby #3 due in May and now that I'm 20 weeks it's really hit me. I'm going to be a mom of 3 kids...and all of them will be under 3! I'm worried about losing the individual time with them while their so little! I'm also worried about possibly having 3 kids in diapers (DS#1 is currently TRYING the potty, but he's still actually terrified of it so we'll see), fitting the car seats in the car (which I've tried, they fit perfectly so idk why I'm so worried) and I'm sure theres other things too. There's plenty I'm excited about like just having another baby around, watching DS#2 become a big brother, watch DS#1 handle a new baby again (he calls it his baby sister...idk where he got that from except maybe tv since we all just call the baby "baby d" but we'll see lol), family photos with 3 kids...ect. I'm just nervous that it's going to be too much for me. And it's hit me like a ton of bricks out of nowhere! Just looking for some advice on ways to shift my thinking about my fears or ways to deal with them.

Can't wait to hear from you ladies :)

Re: 3 under 3 and it's starting to freak me out!

• Options
    We have 21 month old twins, so this this baby (also due to May) will be 3 under 3 (barely 2!) for us too!  We will also likely not be potty trained by then - I'm not going  to push it until they are ready.  I think we do need a new car though...the twins are still rear facing.

I feel like I'm going from being a "first time mom" to a mother of three.  Just trying to wrap my mind around it.  I've heard many times that going from one child to two children is a big adjustment. I'm curious if I will feel this when this baby is born or if I will miss out on that transition completely.  (so that's what is on my mind these days :) )
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• Options
    Honestly, 1 to 2 wasn't that bad for me. It was just...no big deal. Of course I wanted my son to be as independent as possible so I didn't spend every waking moment "up his butt" as my grandmother puts it, so he was relatively independent even at only 15 months. He needed me, was sad when I had his brother and couldn't play on demand like usual, but it was fine actually! I think that's part of my fear...it didn't happen the last time, and my boys are so different! My youngest is mama's boy, as mama's boy as they come. He doesn't even like me snuggling his big brother. Much less any babies we're around. I'm worried about it.

As far as the car...shoo 3 rear facing sounds difficult to put in a regular car! My kids are pukers when they're rear facing so I turned them once they cleared the height, weight and age and surprisingly the puking stopped! Gotta do what you gotta do. Can't have kids choking on their vomit down the highway all the time. You'll figure it out though :) I can't imagine car shopping pregnant...I avoid it because I just don't enjoy it at all...and doing it pregnant sounds like torture to me!

I totally have faith in you! Any mama that successfully handles twins is super woman in my book :) good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    haha I hardly did any Christmas shopping, so no way am I going to car shop!  I will probably test drive a honda odessey, and if I like it, and I will find a nice used 2yr old car (or let DH find it) and move along.  Oh but wait, I'm the negotiator in our relationship :)  At almost 18 weeks, I am in no hurry to get the car. I will probably wait until March.  and thankfully we aren't pukers!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• Options
    I don't blame you lol we're actually lucky on the car front though because my husband has a friend that sells cars and he finds us what we want and gets us a good deal lol takes the stress out a little lol I still hate it though lol