TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Check-in 12/21

Welcome to TTCAL! This is a great thread to introduce yourself and jump into posting. If you get your BFP, don't forget to come back and update us! 

1. Introduce yourself: (if you're new) 

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc) 

3. GTKY: What was your most memorable Christmas (or Hanukkah) gift?

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
BFP #3 11/2015, CP
BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

Re: TTCAL Check-in 12/21

• 2. WTO, but I think today or tomorrow is O day. Which means this:

3. I remember getting a computer for the first time when I was in 5th grade. My brother and I were so excited!

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• 1. I'm 25 (almost 26) and DH is 24. We found out about miscarriage yesterday

2. Benched

3. GTKY: What was your most memorable Christmas (or Hanukkah) gift? I got my Kindle last year which was awesome
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Hi @AmMcc12, I am sorry to have to meet you here, and welcome.

2. WTO, @KDHB13 we seem to be on same cycle days-I am scheduled to ovulate today/tomorrow. I am tempting & charting, so we will see. DH and I did the BD tonight, 2 days ago and a few days beforehand (thought the latter may be too early). I guess we shall see, this is my first cycle ttc (after first AF post-mc).

3. I think my most memorable gift was when me and my sister got the original Nintendo. That was so cool, I actually wish to get one of those now!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 2. Benched, but finally have a date for blood work next month. Hoping to start TTC again starting in February! I can't believe after two losses I am actually getting excited about trying again.

3. getting a dollhouse as a little girl was a huge highlight.
  • 2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc) - Benched. Hoping for AF in early January, so I can get back to TTC.

3. GTKY: What was your most memorable Christmas (or Hanukkah) gift?  After five years of horseback riding lessons and being completely obsessed with horses, my parent got me my first horse for Christmas when I was 12. 
  • Welcome @AmMcc12 , I am so sorry for your loss. 

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc)  Unknown... 3 weeks post miscarriage. Started temping again yesterday so we'll see.

3. GTKY: What was your most memorable Christmas (or Hanukkah) gift? There are several highlights that come to mind like my twin cabbage patch dolls - Cindy and Mindy but I am going to have to say my first car. It was a Jeep Cherokee and it was my dad's but he installed a CD player and a car phone and hung the key on the nail of my stocking. I remember sitting in my jeep that morning and listening to The Bodyguard soundtrack that I also got for Christmas at full volume. Good times.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • silentP said:

2. Benched, but finally have a date for blood work next month. Hoping to start TTC again starting in February! I can't believe after two losses I am actually getting excited about trying again.

Ditto-I guess it's good to be excited! New beginnings, here's to 2016. It's our year @silentP
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 2. Status: Hmm... TWW. DH and I said we'd start trying again on the new year but ended up BDing on O day, no other times around that day, so we'll see. I'm symptom spotting like crazy but I feel like, even though it only takes once, the one time will not be enough lol, I don't know. I'm scared and excited on this first TWW and just trying not to get my hopes up too much. 7 DPO today so it's still early.

3. GTKY: What was your most memorable Christmas (or Hanukkah) gift? Probably one of the first Christmases with my dad after my mom left. He went out of his way to make things as normal as possible and got us lots of gifts that we wanted. I got a Barbie dollhouse and TWO different robot dogs! (LOL, they were in at the time)
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • 2.) Benched this cycle, but just got the green light this morning from the OB to start trying after AF. I had pretty severe ovulation pain this past weekend, which I guess is normal. It kind of surprised me that it was so early b/c my cycles are usually 33-35 days and it was only 2 weeks post- D&C, so I'm expecting AF around the first of the year- which as a lot earlier than we thought.  
    3.) I got a new car for Christmas! Okay, well technically, we financed a new car and have to pay it off, but I am considering it my Christmas gift! Before the MC, H and I had research reliable, safe family cars because my car was 10 years old and I was worried about it breaking it down and leaving me stranded this winter in the cold. It was a little sad to buy a family car without being pregnant, but I am trying to stay positive that we will be buying a car seat for it by the end of the year! 
  • **Question**
    @klauerinaking I got the nintendo one year too! I still have mine.

2. TWW, 4DPO but I think I could be 5 or 6 maybe. This is my first cycle TTC since the MC. I had my first AF and now I'm in the TWW. I have had cramping/dull ache for the last 3 days. Is this normal after O? I have never had post O cramping let alone having it so soon after O. I guess I'm chalking it up to weird cycles post MC.

3. I have to elaborate. I used to love watching Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer. We had it recorded on VHS. My mom accidentally taped over it. So when I was in my late teens she was into doing nostalgic gifts. She had gotten me the whole Rainbow Brite season along with the movie and a doll. I was so excited. She had gone on ebay/craigslist and found someone who had made the DVDs
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @silentP If you don't mind me asking, why do you have to wait so long for bloodwork? Can't your doctor just send a request to the lab and you can go get a blood draw?

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• 2. I'm waiting for 2 more temps to confirm but I should now be firmly in the TWW camp. DH and I BD'd fairly well in my fertile window, and we're hoping after the holidays we've got a BFP. Once O is confirmed, we aren't even going to think about it until after New Years.

3. That's really tough for me, I'm not a big fan of gifts for Christmas anymore and when I was a kid I got a lot of cool stuff, but I can't really remember - nothing sticks out. I'd have to say getting an exact replica of the Charmed Book of Shadows was probably the coolest gift I ever received. It showed my husband put a lot of thought into little quirks I have and the things I loved since I was a kid but still enjoy now.
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• 2. I'm 11dpo today and getting BFN's so far, AF should arrive on Christmas. 

3.  When I was about 8 years old we got a much wanted trampoline and a rare white Christmas. 
  • KDHB13 said:

@silentP If you don't mind me asking, why do you have to wait so long for bloodwork? Can't your doctor just send a request to the lab and you can go get a blood draw?

I am going to be tested for clotting disorders, antibody issues, stuff like that. He said the blood work should be done 4-6 weeks after my first post D&C period, so that's why I have to wait. Grumble. But I want to find out about that before trying again.
  • 1. Hi all, I'm new to this board. Found about mmc on dec 1, cytotech a few days later. I do have 2 kids but have also had 5 losses, and it's always hard. I'm 39 and so I don't know if this will be my last pregnancy or not, I hope not, I don't want it to end like this!

2. I'm not sure...haven't had a period or had sex since finding out about my loss. I have a phone consult w my RE tomorrow morning to discuss a plan. I haven't been there for a few years so I'm not sure what direction I'll be going .

3. Hmmm, not sure, nothing comes to mind right now...I have great memories of Xmas when I was a kid, but it's the traditions I remember , not really the gifts :)
  • 2. unknown...Im on cd 40!... waiting for second af since mc, still getting bfn so we aren't sure whats happening right now.
    3. i agree with @jillhenhard, the memories have stuck with me more then a specific gift
  • 2.NTNP? I havent had my first AF post MC but we MC naturally. Honestly we just missed the intimacy of sex too much to wait.

3. I'm having a hard time with specific memories of gifts.... As a kid my favorite thing about Christmas was that we would do our family gift giving/big breakfast and then early afternoon we would swap gifts with our neighbors (all us kids were the same ages so we were best friends). It was always a really cool time. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • 2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc) 
    TWW here. NTNP this cycle, but think we had good timing. AF is due on Christmas... awesome. Otherwise, feeling good. Doing weekly acupuncture and taking vitamins etc. Just trying to make my body as hospitable as possible for a pregnancy! 

Like someone else, I feel like I don't remember the gifts so much as the experiences of Christmas. Like visiting my grandparents or getting ready to go play with my cousins. One  year I did get a Gameboy and thought it was just the greatest thing. I'm aging myself here...

• 1. I'm 31. I had a MC on Oct. 23. I'm having a rough time with the holidays almost here, but am trying to keep my spirits up!

2. I had my first AF after MC a few weeks ago so I am WTO.

3. My most memorable Christmas gift was being given a baby doll by a dear old WWII friend of mine in church on Christmas Eve when I was just a little girl.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• 1. Hi all - new to this board. I miscarried our first pregnancy on Dec 18th at 7 weeks, 2 days. We were planning to share the news with family and friends this week. Spotting stopped yesterday and will recheck a beta next week.

2. Benched. For now. After hcg is down to zero we plan to start over tracking ovulation. However, the month I got pregnant my ovulation tests all came out negative.

3. My husband hand makes me an ornament every year for Christmas - I love them!
  • 1.haven't introduced myself on this board yet. I'm from March 16'. I found out my daughter passed away during an ultrasound and she was stillborn on what would have been 25 weeks, November 27. This was my first pregnancy and I'm still figuring out how to cope.

2. Benched for now. Hoping to read posts from other ladies and their stories on how they knew they were ready to try again and manage the anxiety. It took us a year to conceive the first time and I'm not looking forward to the monthly disappointment again /: trying to be optimistic it will be quicker this time.

3. I remember getting a swingset as a family present for my siblings and myself and that was probably the most exciting Christmas ever.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. I joined the board after my first mc in June. I returned a week ago after a stillbirth at 23 weeks on Dec 10. I learned today it was due to incomplete cord formation today.

2. Benched until I meet with mfm but will likely try again once my first cycle has completed. That will be a few months from now as my cycles are 40 days. I did start temping and was surprised to see them already in my normal people ovulation range.

3. I have very few xmas memories. Perhaps the best ones involve my dh with his great gift giving ability.
  • 1. Introduce yourself: Hi ladies, DH and Ijust found out yesterday we had a MMC, and I started bleeding this morning. I'm equal parts glad it wasn't weeks of waiting for it to start, and so sad/angry that I want to simultaneously cry and smash things. We are 26/27 and this was our first. Let me know if I should add anything else.

3. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc) Benched. No idea how long, as this just started.

Uhm... I can't remember my most memorable Christmas gift but I got a horse for my 12th birthday and it was a spectacular moment. 12 year old excitement is the real deal.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • 2. WTO, here. At CD2, hoping Santa brought me a normal cycle.

3. I think my favorite Christmas present would be the American Girl doll, Kirstin. I got tons of accessories for her from my Nanny and Papa on Christmas Eve and I was so upset because they must've not known I did not have a doll that size. Then Santa brought her the next morning. I was so thrilled when I opened that box.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• edited December 2015
    Status update: I have moved officially into the TWW camp. Do we still do a thread for that? I haven't seen one in a while but I'm thinking of starting one.

Edit for addition: I did post in the TWW in the regular TTC board, but I generally avoid going to that board. Sometimes the snark is a bit overwhelming for me.
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• 1. Introduce yourself: I'm 26, and DH is 25. We have been TTC since 2012 with 3 MCs in that time. I've been a member of TB for awhile, mostly lurking off and on. We got the go ahead to start TTC again the end of October, so hopefully this time it will stick!

2. Status: AF showed up today so back to the WTO camp.

DH bought me a great Dane pup for Christmas. I love her! She is so sweet and protective. Plus having a puppy helps to calm the baby fever. (I may have a problem with treating our dogs like children. They have their own room and beds, and I cook for them.)
  • Hi everyone...
    1. My name is Julia, we lost our son, Peter on 11/14/15 at 21 weeks due to placental insufficiency.
    2. We are TTC. I had 5 days of positive ovulation tests about 2 weeks ago, still no period and a negative hpt. Not getting my hopes up, just frustrated with my body and not knowing either way.
    3. My most memorable xmas present was my American Girl Samantha doll when I was 7. I loved that doll!
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18