TTC After a Loss
Options

Drink Till its Pink, None during TWW, or None Ever?

Before loss, I was in the drink till its pink camp. Now I'm starting to consider avoiding alcohol during the TWW.  I know my drinks during the TWW probably didn't cause the loss, but I just wonder if I should play it extra safe now. What are you guys doing?

Re: Drink Till its Pink, None during TWW, or None Ever?

• Options
    After my MMC, I was ready to stop drinking completely. I've fallen back off the wagon with the holidays, but I will probably cut back significantly after AF next month which will likely be the first cycle we try again. I drank until it turned pink last cycle, but tested every day I knew I was drinking. This time, I will probably limit myself to 1-2 drinks during the entire TWW (continuing to test daily). Complicating matters is that H and I scheduled a Mexico vacation the week I thought I'd be ovulating next month, but I ended up ovulating super early this month, so it may actually end up being next week's TWW or even possible testing days. We are back and forth whether to forgo trying one more cycle or to go for it.
  • Options
    I used to be in the not at all during the TWW and I actually gave up drinking completely while TTC when we had our loss. I'm in the TWW now and I'm drinking until it's pink. I might avoid it at around 9 and 10 dpo even if I'm getting BFNs, juuuust in case. When I had my loss, I had changed pretty much everything from eating and drinking to soaps and activities and I feel that, since it didn't make a difference, I won't worry too much this time around.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Drink in moderation til it's pink. Nothing I did caused my miscarriages and I like wine, so I'll imbibe when I feel like it.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Options
    I'm pretty much in the Drink-Until-Pink camp, but sometimes it does make me nervous since our M/Cs. I tend to keep my drinking to a minimum in general both because we are trying next month and because I feel too old to drink often anyway (I don't go out much hahaha). 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am sure it's probably crazy but I used to be in the drink til it's pink camp but since my miscarriage I don't have anything after ovulating. I'm sure it didn't hurt anything but for my own peace of mind I just can't.
  • Options
    I'm only a very mild drinker and will have a drink or two during the TWW. DH doesn't drink at all, so it's not something we do with dinner or anything. During my 1 + year of TTC #1 I was doing all the things at the end, not drinking, pineapple core, and variety of other crazy things in my TWW. The month I actually got pregnant, I decided not to put my life on hold and actually had a few drinks and ended up pregnant. Not saying it's connected, I just felt less crazy and obsessive.
  • Options
    Drink til it's pink -- but only a few here and there.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm in the drink until it's pink camp. I'm not an *incredibly* heavy drinker, but I stop around 7-9 DPO.
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I usually forego alcohol and caffeine starting about 7dpo. I've found myself in both camps, but I feel like that's my happy medium.
    “Be present in all things and thankful for all things.”  ~Maya Angelou

~~~~ TW ~~~~~~

Me: 40    DH: 39
    Married 12.19.13
    BFP #1 1/14, MC 2/14 (6wks)
    BFP #2 1/15, MMC/D&C 3/15 (12wks)
    BFP #3 6/15, MC 8/15 (9wks)
    BFP #4 4/16, MC 4/16 (5wks)
    BFP #5 7/16, MMC 8/16 (10 wks)
    BFP #6 3/4 , EDD 11/9/17
  • Options
    I guess I'm Drink til it's pink. Thought I will say I over did it last weekend and felt so incredibly guilty even though I know there is no way I'm pregnant so I'm def reducing to a couple a drinks here and there.
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    One good reason not to drink till its pink is that it messes with your temps if you're charting them. I don't drink days when I'm trying to confirm O, either. Once I get a positive OPK I stop until I get 3 high temps confirming O then drink again for a few days. If I know there's no chance I drink anyway. I just thought about that after I posted yesterday and realized I don't drink as much as I thought I did. Haha.
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    This is a great thread! I've often wondered what others do. I know I'm more sensitive to this now.

We had our loss (ectopic) 2 months ago and the plan was to stay dry after AF comes to be sure we are doing everything in our power to ensure a healthy pregnancy.  
    No signature until I figure this html issue out!
  • Options
    This is a great thread! I've often wondered what others do. I know I'm more sensitive to this now.

We had our loss (ectopic) 2 months ago and the plan was to stay dry after AF comes to be sure we are doing everything in our power to ensure a healthy pregnancy.  
    It's funny, I had the opposite response after my ectopic.  My DH and I did "everything right" before the ectopic and ended up... with an ectopic pregnancy.  And it sucked.  Before all of this I thought I could control everything and it would work out great, and it didn't.  So now I'm basically like, whatever.  This pregnancy will happen when it happens and how it happens (or not) but I'm not going to try to control it anymore.  Of course, this is obviously within reason (I take prenatals, exercise, generally eat healthy, no smoking or drugs) but if I want a glass of wine in the TWW, or a cup of coffee, I'm not abstaining.  But I'm also not going out and getting smashed.  
  • Options
    I don't normally drink at all (seriously, if I hadn't had a BFP the day of the Christmas party this year I would have likely only had 1-2 glasses of wine - normally I'll go 4-6 months without a drink) - so I'm in the none during TWW camp - because if I normally don't drink why do it during that time? 

Caffeine - because the thread has gone that direction - again, not a big caffeine drinker - but I'll have a latte or a caffeinated tea (low to medium caffeine, not stimulant level) throughout pregnancy. Normally I don't drink caffeinated lattes - but I did once a week while pregnant because I had a long drive home in the evening on a busy highway and figured I needed it to drive safely. I stay within the guidelines of a max of 300-400 whatever units they use to measure caffeine intake. 
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I don't drink at all, so I won't. I didn't have a drop of alcohol during my recent pregnancy. With DS I wasn't trying, and I definitely drank before I found out I was pregnant(and not just 1 or 2). My pregnancy with DS was perfectly healthy, and this one ended in a loss . So if I still drank, I'd drink till it's pink.

Since I don't drink alcohol, I'll drink lattes till it's pink. :)

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    cjt121413 said:
    I don't drink at all, so I won't. I didn't have a drop of alcohol during my recent pregnancy. With DS I wasn't trying, and I definitely drank before I found out I was pregnant(and not just 1 or 2). My pregnancy with DS was perfectly healthy, and this one ended in a loss . So if I still drank, I'd drink till it's pink. Since I don't drink alcohol, I'll drink lattes till it's pink. :)
    Ditto on the lattes
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    BFP #1 Nov 2015 ended in MC Dec 26 2015
    BFP #2 Feb 2016, EDD Nov 8 2016

• Options
    I don't drink that often, maybe 2-3 month (wine). So drink til it's pink.