February 2016 Moms
Options

Unrealistic Fears

So I'm a FTM and I've been struggling with some crazy fears lately!

I've never been too bad in crowds. But ever since my bump popped out, I get really nervous when there are large crowds of people or people get too close to me. I was at the store and this lady leaned in front of me to get something off out of the meat area and I just panicked. I know little miss is safe in the bat cave... but I get antsy when people are that close. And it's more people I don't know. I work at a school and the kids are constantly bumping into me or coming up to hug the belly. That's fine!

Anyone else have these crazy fears or paranoias?

Re: Unrealistic Fears

• Options
    I wouldn't call it a fear, but I'm definitely more protective of my bump in crowds.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    It's instinct, I think for us to automatically protect our bellies. I've been doing it for a while...especially around my four year old DD and my nieces and nephew. Anytime I get nervous I just remove myself from the situation.

I will say DD has kicked me, climbed on me, our dogs have climbed on me, and I got bumped pretty hard by the side of a trampoline in Novemeber because DH was being careless...and our little guy is doing just fine. So they are definitely well protected but I totally get the fear.
    Praying this is our take home baby. STICK TURKEY Mommy will miss you everyday my beautiful angel. We love you Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers M/C on 1/05/11 at 11 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a very unrealistic fear of a door chopping my bump off. Thank you vivid nightmare for this one! I get nervous walking through doorways. She's had a few doors hit her right where her butt is sitting and I know a door can't chop my stomach off. But these pregnancy dreams have me so messed up!

My fear of one of my animals running away has gotten super bad too. The cats are microchipped but my dogs was removed due to an allergic reaction. We live off a highway and I have this huge fear that they're going to be hit by a car because DC drivers don't even stop for people. Im also just afraid of them being alone. My kitten could probably make it a couple days. But the other two wouldn't last a couple hours! This baby makes me protective of our fur babies.
  • Options
    I was out to dinner one night and as we were walking out, the hostess asked if it would be weird if she asked me to touch my stomach. I looked at her, paused for a moment and said yes, actually, that would be weird and no, you cannot touch my stomach. She said oh and looked at me with a blank stare. People are so random.
  • Options
    robinj716 said:

I was out to dinner one night and as we were walking out, the hostess asked if it would be weird if she asked me to touch my stomach. I looked at her, paused for a moment and said yes, actually, that would be weird and no, you cannot touch my stomach. She said oh and looked at me with a blank stare. People are so random.

... Why... I don't understand why people like to touch strangers bodies!
  • Options
    I've started approaching corners at school with caution and having my arms guarded in front of me when I round them - so paranoid a kid will run into the bump!
  • Options
    @robinj716 at least she asked first! Most people wouldn't.
  • Options

@robinj716 at least she asked first! Most people wouldn't.

Very true!
  • Options
    cognitycognity member
    edited December 2015
    I'm terrified I won't know when I'm going into labor. (FTM)

I went to a NFL game this past weekend and both DH and myself were too worried about someone bumping into me that we had a hard time relaxing and enjoying ourselves. The nachos helped though, I won't lie.
  • Options

I'm terrified I won't know when I'm going into labor. (FTM)

So funny. That's like my secret dream! All of the sudden, "oh gosh! Baby's crowning!" ;)

I'm definitely more claustrophobic this pregnancy, but not because I'm worried about the baby. I think I just feel like there isn't enough space because I take up so much...
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I have a very unrealistic fear of a door chopping my bump off. Thank you vivid nightmare for this one! I get nervous walking through doorways. She's had a few doors hit her right where her butt is sitting and I know a door can't chop my stomach off. But these pregnancy dreams have me so messed up!

My fear of one of my animals running away has gotten super bad too. The cats are microchipped but my dogs was removed due to an allergic reaction. We live off a highway and I have this huge fear that they're going to be hit by a car because DC drivers don't even stop for people. Im also just afraid of them being alone. My kitten could probably make it a couple days. But the other two wouldn't last a couple hours! This baby makes me protective of our fur babies.

DC drivers are the worst! A little rain today and the beltway is a cluster. I get super paranoid about how my seat belt is adjusted and am constantly pulling the " oh sh#t" handle when my husband is driving. It's driving him crazy, but I'm terrified the entire time.

We also live right by the beltway and 355 and I've told my dog (as if she understands) that she better hope someone picks her up or she's not lasting an hour if she gets out. Hence the 6 foot privacy fence for a foot tall dog.
  • Options
    maluevano said:
    So I'm a FTM and I've been struggling with some crazy fears lately! I've never been too bad in crowds. But ever since my bump popped out, I get really nervous when there are large crowds of people or people get too close to me. I was at the store and this lady leaned in front of me to get something off out of the meat area and I just panicked. I know little miss is safe in the bat cave... but I get antsy when people are that close. And it's more people I don't know. I work at a school and the kids are constantly bumping into me or coming up to hug the belly. That's fine! Anyone else have these crazy fears or paranoias?
    I have this exact same paranoia but I don't feel safe anywhere except in my own apartment with my husband. It's getting to the point where I am even a little nervous around my family dog, a small shih tzu who wouldn't hurt anyone! (and doesnt even have the strength to bang into my stomach haha) I definitely feel the same way around crowds, and even in uncrowded stores. I feel like people are not careful and will bang into anyone on the street. I am usually super careful even when not pregnant so now its even worse. Dont know how to not be so paranoid, and I am nervous this will continue once the baby is born! (first time expectant Mom here)
  • Options
    mommaz1 said:

DC drivers are the worst! A little rain today and the beltway is a cluster. I get super paranoid about how my seat belt is adjusted and am constantly pulling the " oh sh#t" handle when my husband is driving. It's driving him crazy, but I'm terrified the entire time.

We also live right by the beltway and 355 and I've told my dog (as if she understands) that she better hope someone picks her up or she's not lasting an hour if she gets out. Hence the 6 foot privacy fence for a foot tall dog.
    It's insane!! I live right by the 495 to my left and east west highway is in front of our complex. I can't even safely walk outside let alone my animals.
    Yesterday I had to cal the cops on someone I just didn't feel safe at all letting the drive. I pulled over and waited for them to leave before continuing. They were swerving in front of cars and had no tail lights at all.
    Also why the heck do so many people have ONE headlight?!
    I thought Southern California was bad, but no. This place is the worst.
  • Options
    I'm terrified of pretty much everything. I'm scared of going into labor at work (not because I'm embarrassed of my water breaking but because I don't drive myself to work so I'd need a CW to get me or to wait for my husband/mom), I scared of the pain, but equally as scared of the epidural (don't like needles), scared of tearing but also of an apeseotmy, scared of being home alone with our daughter since H can't get much time off work...I've pretty much thrown myself into her room to try and calm my worried mind. I've been telling myself that women are made to do this, and that I will be fine. But it doesn't stop all of my fears from creeping up from time to time!!! FTM jitters
  • Options
    I have all of these same fears too! I'm afraid I might go into labor while SO is on night shift and I'm home alone and will be freaking out waiting for him to come home. I am a FTM too!

I'm terrified of pretty much everything. I'm scared of going into labor at work (not because I'm embarrassed of my water breaking but because I don't drive myself to work so I'd need a CW to get me or to wait for my husband/mom), I scared of the pain, but equally as scared of the epidural (don't like needles), scared of tearing but also of an apeseotmy, scared of being home alone with our daughter since H can't get much time off work...I've pretty much thrown myself into her room to try and calm my worried mind. I've been telling myself that women are made to do this, and that I will be fine. But it doesn't stop all of my fears from creeping up from time to time!!! FTM jitters