July 2016 Moms
Options

Well, that was terrifying.

jlgriff11jlgriff11 member
edited December 2015 in July 2016 Moms
So today I announced on Facebook our twin pregnancy. I'm just over 12 weeks. I laid down to take a nap and woke up a few hours later with bright red blood everywhere and a medium sized clot.

Which of course I assumed the worst because who wouldn't. I had zero cramping though and thought that was weird.

So I call my husband to come home from work and he takes me to the ER where I get my first catheter, a bunch of blood tests, and a very quiet ultrasound.

Cut to like three hours later doc walks in and says both of my babies are absolutely fine. Cue my bursting into tears. Apparently the placenta on one has some bleeding behind it, because it hasn't quite attached 100%, or something, and it caused the bleeding because that area has a lot of blood flow. He didnt really give it a name but made it out to be fairly normal.

I guess it can cause both bleeding and the clot, and it may continue off and on.

Has anyone had this? Also I just really needed to like, word vomit this night because I am so emotionally spent I can't even. But my babies are okayyyyyy. I am so relieved even though its totally scary to bleed and clot.

Re: Well, that was terrifying.

• Options
    I've never had it but wanted you to know you're in my thoughts and prayers!! That would be scared me too. You've had quite the day. Hopefully you'll be able to rest tonight and get the comfort you need!
  • Options
    Never had it but glad to hear you're okay!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Okay, just reading your post scared the hell out of me!  I'm glad you and both babies are doing just fine, and I hope that someone on this thread has some answers for you (not that I wish this on any of you ladies, but I know in situations like this it feels much better talking to someone who has been through it).  Good luck and keep us updated!
  • Options
    jlgriff11jlgriff11 member
    edited December 2015
    I also apologize for the grammar of my post. Words are hard. Also, thanks you guys. I just had to talk about it and see if anyone else had experienced it. But I think its also good that blood and clotting doesn't always mean miscarriage. I thought for sure it was over.
  • Options
    My twin mom friend had this exact thing happen at 12 weeks! She has happy and healthy 9 month old girls. Hugs mama sorry this happened but so happy the babies are doing well!
  • Options
    Oh my word I am so sorry! That sounds terrifying I am so glad everything is okay and your babies are happy and well! :) get some rest !
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Sorry for the stress! I'm glad you got a good report.

When my midwife told me I had an SCH she said it was caused by the placenta attaching. I haven't had any bleeding, but it can cause that, and there are a few threads about it. Sounds like an SCH (hemorrhage, not hemotoma.)

Hugs, and fx for an incident free pregnancy from here on out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Nerdchild I heard I missed all the fun! Probably best I did, actually lol.
  • Options
    @jlgriff11 Tomorrow is always another day, another trolololo (and hopefully your tomorrow is very uneventful) ;)
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that you went through that! How absolutely terrifying. So glad that both babies are doing well. Blood in pregnancy is always scary. (((Hugs)))
  • Options
    That sounds so scary! I'm glad they said everything is okay! Yikes!
  • Options
    I read your first paragraph, and I felt like my heart jumped into my throat. That's terrifying, and I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Creepy internet stranger hugs and warm fuzzies!!!! I'm so glad you and your babies are okay.
  • Options
    Omg how scary.. So sorry you had to go through that, but I'm glad everything is ok and that you got some answers
  • Options
    The same thing happened to me yesterday. It's called subchorionic hematoma, there is a blog post about it on this site and there is lots of information on the website... The emerg Doctor took me off work for 6 days and told me I need to rest my body.. I am calling my delivering doctors office tomorrow morning for another opinion.
  • Options
    So so so glad everything is ok!!! That sounds like such a scary experience!! Keeping you and the little ones in my thoughts!
  • Options
    Creepy Internet hugs to you. I'm glad everything is okay now
  • Options
    So glad that babies are okay!!! I agree with PP's that it sounds like a subchorionic hematoma, are you planning to call your OB and talk to them about it? I find it curious that they didn't tell you before that you had this, as it is seen on US and I think you've had a few of them already, right? Thoughts are with you!
  • Options
    I haven't had this, but so glad your babies are ok. Must have been so scary!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry this happened. It sounds completely terrifying. I had an sch at 7 weeks and the er didn't put me on any rest either. When I called the dr on Monday she suggested pelvic rest for a few weeks. Im so glad everything turned out ok.
  • Options
    Wow, how stressful! I'm sorry you had to go through all that. Glad you got some answers and your babies are doing well. Get lots of rest and feel better!
  • Options
    How scary! I'm so glad everything is looking fine though. I've always had a fondness of twins (fraternal run in my family) and hope this is the first and last time you have to go through it. 
  • Options
    Hugs to you! I would feel the same way in that scenario. I'm so glad that your babies are doing well. Rest up :)
  • Options
    I am so happy to hear you and your babies are ok!!
  • Options
    So so scary, but I'm glad everything turned out ok!! What a relief!!!!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    Wow what a scare! So happy to hear all is well with your babies! Get some rest & take care of yourself, that's a lot to recover from emotionally!!
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Options
    That is so scary!! Very happy to hear you and the babies are okay
  • Options
    So scary! I'm so glad the babies are okay, and you too!
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    I'm so glad you and your babies are ok. Glad hubby was able to be there with you. How incredibly scary. 
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    Glad you're ok! We are hear for your word vomit anytime. That sounds absolutely terrifying. Big hugs!

And wondering - if you dreamed you were Kristen Stewart does that mean you got to do it with Robert Pattinson? That might make being her semi-tolerable for a few minutes (or hours, since, well, Robert Pattinson)...

• Options
    Glad to hear you're all doing ok!
  • Options
    Glad you are doing well! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Glad to hear that everything is ok with you and babies! 
    Anniversary: 10/10/09
    DS: 11/21/14
    DD: 7/5/16

• Options
    Glad to hear everything is okay with your precious babies. <3 I'm so sorry you had to go through that scare!!
  • Options
    Omg, I would freaked out too! I'm so glad everything is okay. Get some rest and take care of yourself mama!
    Me: 33  DH: 31
    Married: 8/9/2010
    3 Furbabies - Kumo, Mal, and Lynx!
    Started TTC August 2014
    BFP #1 - 12/16/14 EDD 8/22/15 - MMC and D&C 1/23/15
    BFP #2 - 7/10/15 EDD 3/20/16- chemical pregnancy, ended 7/16/15
    BFP #3 - 11/12/15 EDD 7/21/16 - wishing and hoping for a sticky little bean!

July'16 BMB May Siggy Challenge - Star Wars:

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Very scary! Glad to hear you and babies are all right. Get some rest!
  • Options
    DobbysSockDobbysSock member
    edited December 2015
    I'm so sorry that happened, it is terrifying. I had a similar thing happen during my first pregnancy although it was caused by a subchorionic hematoma so slightly different, as my SCH was far enough away from my placenta that it wasn't affected. I had announced on Facebook and then the next day woke up in a puddle of blood and clear/reddish tinged fluid (enough to soak through my pajama pants onto the sheets). Also no cramping. It was horrible and I assumed the worst as well, but everything turned out okay. Try to take it easy and I'm so happy to hear that both babies are healthy!

ETA: clarifying
  • Options
    What a scary thing to go through! I'm glad everything is okay and you get to see your OB today. I told my dr I was waiting for my 8w3d u/s to tell my family the news and he mentioned that even women that have bleeding after 8 weeks usually go on to have successful pregnancies. So that's a comforting thought!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)