September 2015 Moms
Options

Tis' the season to be antisocial? LOL

I can't be alone on this. I'm just not in the mood. I'm tired, my home is a mess. Dog hair every where. I can't remember the last time I washed my hair? Messy buns for life! I don't want to put real pants on. LOL! It's cold outside. We have had a steady trail of visitors this week. I told he people who tried to stop by today, luckily they text me first, that today was just not a good day. I had visitors all day yesterday!! I need a break. My tree has been half way up since November 30th. No gifts wrapped yet. Lots of shopping to do still. Christmas cards not mailed yet. I'm just chilling with my boy today!! Lol Not to mention the PILES of clean laundry I can't find the time or energy to put away.

We had two Christmas parties last week, one tomorrow, and four more after that. None are at my house. It's so hard to be at someone else's while caring for my son. I literally pack everything but the kitchen sink! LOL It takes forever. Not to mention I have no idea what I'm going to wear to any of these parties or if I'll even have time to get cleaned up for them! I'm honestly just ready for January 1st so the madness ends.

Re: Tis' the season to be antisocial? LOL

• Options
    Yep. Agreed! All these parties are exhausting. It's so hard to get the baby packed and out the door. Once I'm out, I get so stressed out taking care of my little guy while trying to socialize. I can't have a conversation without him needing to be changed, fed, spitting up, or put down for a nap. I feel stressed out the entire time. Even when he's happy and smiling, I get stressed out about the next step. I can't relax until I'm home. And in addition to all of that stress around the baby's needs, I'm still carrying an extra 20 pounds on my body and completely self conscience about it. Nothing fits me...still! So I'm worried about finding an outfit to fit AND worried about what other people will think about how I look. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I feel like people will think that I should have lost the weight by now. I have to go to a wedding tomorrow and I'm already freaking out.
  • Options
    GUUUuuuUUUhh! I wish I can just go to my bed fall asleep and wake up when is 11:55pm on New Year's Eve.
    I'm going to my IL's for Christmas and it supposed to be only them, hubby, baby and me. Now I hear that another 9-10 people are joining-friends of MIL. I don't want to deal with this. I look like shit and I feel like shit. I hope little one fusses and I'll take her and hide away in our room. Forever!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This post makes me feel so much better. Dreading Christmas Eve at my husbands grandparent's house. It's almost an hour away, my husband will work late that day (fedex driver) and we'll go over around 9 at night. His family wants us to stop at 2 gatherings. Meanwhile, LO is super fussy from 7-11 every night before bedtime and just wants to nurse and only wants me to
    hold him. When we took him over for thanksgiving he cried almost the whole time. Everyone wanted to pass him around anyways which I hate. MIL didn't want to give him up and was just letting him cry why sitting on the couch (not getting up and bouncing him, walking with him) which upset me. Meanwhile grandma in law is rubbing an egg all over him while he's crying, a crazy superstitious thing I'd never heard of!! So I'm not looking forward to this. And my MIL barges in every time I BF LO even when my husband tells her to leave me alone. I would just love a quiet night at home with us...this will throw off his whole schedule, expose him to lots of people/germs, and I have to deal with the aftermath!! Rant over. I feel your misery ladies. I'm just hoping to enjoy Christmas Day with no visitors and our little family (I pray!!).
  • Options
    Well let me first say that I'm impressed you have your tree halfway done (mine is in place but sitting there naked) and you haven't mailed Christmas cards yet?...yeah we haven't even taken pictures to make the Christmas cards yet! Not a single gift has been bought except for LOs!! I feel you on the not wanting to wear pants...I had to buy a pair for work and refused to buy more than one pair because I was so depressed by the size I had to get!! I am dreading Christmas Eve/Day and all of DHs family and their germy little brats (LO and I both got sick after thanksgiving because of it) plus I hate the way they constantly grab him without asking and then I'm the bitch if I tell them no. Plus all the money that is wasted on this holiday (when Iam flat broke cuz I took the whole 12 weeks off with LO which I wouldn't change for the world but now I'm just even more stressed!!!) I am just ready for it all to be over!!!
  • Options
    So my family is all mad because I shortened our trip home. I just didn't want to take a week to get back to normal, especially as I go back to work after the new year.
    They seriously didn't talk to me for days.
    And the actual reason on top of it that I shortened it is because I had to schedule an appointment for LO on the 28th.
  • Options
    I'm so sad Christmas is almost over, I love this crazy season. We have been entertaining a lot. Tomorrow we are hosting a Christmas party for about 100, Sunday I'm going to a cookie exchange and on Monday I'm hosting a gingerbread house making party for 10 of my kids' friends. I love it! Next year it will be a lot harder to do these things with LO probably running around and getting into everything so I'm trying to make the most of it. I haven't quite finished my shopping and I haven't wrapped s thing, but I'm planning to do those things Monday and Tuesday while the older boys are in school.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sad Christmas is almost over, I love this crazy season. We have been entertaining a lot. Tomorrow we are hosting a Christmas party for about 100, Sunday I'm going to a cookie exchange and on Monday I'm hosting a gingerbread house making party for 10 of my kids' friends. I love it! Next year it will be a lot harder to do these things with LO probably running around and getting into everything so I'm trying to make the most of it. I haven't quite finished my shopping and I haven't wrapped s thing, but I'm planning to do those things Monday and Tuesday while the older boys are in school.
    I'm coming over for the gingerbread making party!.. where do you live lol (j/k)
  • Options
    @hollidar are his family Mexican? My family does the egg thing. Did she crack it into water afterward? I love hearing about crazy family superstitions/old wives tales :)
  • Options
    I've always been a homebody but since everyone wants to see the baby I've had so many visitors and my best friend wants to come over all the time. I love her to death and she's goes so above and beyond but I get weird with sharing my baby lol in the moment I have no problem and have fun but then later on in the day I get so sad because I feel like I missed out on our one on one time! My mother asked me to bring him to her work Christmas party the other day and when I walked in with the baby, you'd think that he pope just walked in lol it was so sweet and the baby had so much fun. On our way home I had to go Christmas shopping so he was in the stroller and by the evening when we got home I felt like I missed out on him all day! It's so weird but I just want him all to myself! He's too delicious right now to share lol
  • Options
    This post pretty much sums up all of my feelings as well. I'm also just getting over pneumonia so I'm really not wanting to be around anyone! I'm hosting Christmas here at my house with my family. Not by my choice. I was just voted by them to have it since I have the most room. Grrrr I just can't wait for January!!!! Good luck getting through the holidays ladies!
  • Options
    Yes. I'm super down right now. And I'm going to vent bc I need it! I'm definitely having some family (specifically mom) issues. I feel bad but I'm not looking forward to spending time with family this year. Just this last week I had an incident with my mom where she left in a huff exclaiming that she just "can't do it!!" (Watch my baby even who is an ANGEL mind you. She's super alert, a busy little lady and likes to be held. No big deal!) She basically told me I'm "causing" her to be "this way". Ummmm, a baby??!? It's so her M.O. Something is "too difficult" and she gives up. She had offered to watch my daughter when I returned to "work" (it's like 1 day a week) and is now saying she can't do it bc it's too stressful. So, now I'm scrambling to find someone. She's always been really really inconsistent and unreliable. Not sure why I thought it would be any different this time.

And then my MIL has been GREAT with my daughter. But she's super judge-y and gossipy always. I know she talks behind my back. So, when I want to have a Grandma who's involved with my daughter I have to make myself vulnerable to all of that BS.

I'm totally feeling sorry for myself right now, I know. I just need to get that all out there so I can move on!

I feel like staying home with my husband and baby...and that's it!
  • Options

So my family is all mad because I shortened our trip home. I just didn't want to take a week to get back to normal, especially as I go back to work after the new year.
    They seriously didn't talk to me for days.
    And the actual reason on top of it that I shortened it is because I had to schedule an appointment for LO on the 28th.

THIS, same situation and my family is so mad and think I'm selfish and lazy when in fact I have a fussy infant who cries a lot at night and still not sleeping well at night (11 weeks and uo every 3-4 hours). I just wanna come back early and settle back into DD routine and get her on track with sleep schedule before I go back to work! Traveling throws her completely off schedule! Not to mention their intrusive suggestions that I hate!
  • Options
    hollidarhollidar member
    edited December 2015

@hollidar are his family Mexican? My family does the egg thing. Did she crack it into water afterward? I love hearing about crazy family superstitions/old wives tales :)

Yes they are!! She cracked it and told me how bad the egg looked, lol. I thought it looked normal! I don't mind them doing these things but he was wailing really hard the whole time they did it...and I had no idea what they were doing. I think there's a time and place. And tell his mom what the heck your doing, lol!

• Options
    Lol. Crazy Mexican abuelas. Supposedly it reads your spirit so if It looks bad you have negative juju or something like that and need to be cleansed. I'm sad my abuela doesn't get to meet my little guy and do the same thing (she passed several years ago).
  • Options
    OP-can you put some of those visitors to work? Ive been purposely having guests to get things done! I wear the baby and dash around tidying up before they come. Then, they play with DD1 and hold the baby while I decorate, crochet, bake cookies, make supper, etc. I also have been staying up late every other night to do a couple hours of sewing or card writing while both kids are in bed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have to say we do love my husbands Abuela, she is 86 and LO is lucky to have 2 great grandmothers on my husbands side. All of my grandparents passed away many years ago unfortunately. I just get anxious bc LO is so unpredictable and fussy at night, and when we're around anyone (family, friends) everyone has opinions and advice. Thank you for the reminder of how lucky we are to have Abuela and we need to treasure these years. But seriously, being a FTM is hard!! I hope I'm more relaxed and laid back once I have another!!
  • Options
    MiromiMMiromiM member
    edited December 2015
    Every year I get older, I understand more and more why my mother disliked Christmas so much. I agree with her. Halloween is where it's at. As a kid, candy! As a young adult, parties! As and adult, candy (parent tax as mine always called it) and parties! No extra cooking. No obligatory family visits. No cards to send. No trees to decorate or lights to string up. No gifts to organize (okay people I need your list like NOW!). No extra photo sessions. No listening to the same 20 songs over and over and over and over again. Seriously, Felis Navidad has less than twenty words and "Do they know it's Christmas?" ticks me off every time I hear it.
    *Siggy Warning*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This is the first year I haven't been super stressed! My husband's family and extended family have three Christmas celebrations and they are usually back to back (Xmas eve, Xmas day and Xmas day night) but this year they are spread out so we can actually stay home on Christmas Day with our kids and let them enjoy their presents before dashing off to another house. With me being on maternity leave I was able to do my shopping and wrapping and decorating a little bit at a time. I have a feeling next year, when I'm working full time again and have a 7 year old, 3 year old and 1 year old Christmas will suck again! Lol
  • Options
    I'm just one of these people who does not care what people expect from me. I do whatever is best for baby- and me- because baby needs a happy momma. And while we do go out and about, it's on our terms. We are happiest at home and on schedule, so I am not into breaking that up too much- xmas or not. But, I'm also fine with people doing what they need to do as well.

And OP, and others, give yourselves a break on the xmas cards, that just seems like too much of a hassle on a good year even!
  • Options
    @chelseajeanene I feel exactly the same as you when I am too busy to feel like I got enough time with the babes by day's end. Even when I want or need to go out to dinner, or shopping etc. I still get this slight sadness when going to bed that I kinda missed out on a day with her.
  • Options
    I just don't want to go out with my friends anymore! I'm the first of any of my friends to have a baby and I feel that I don't relate to them in anyway any longer. I just avoid thr events as much as possible because I typically end up feeling lonely. Haha. Sad but true and I really don't care.
  • Options
    We have Christmas Eve at my family's, Christmas Day at the in-law's, then go up north on a 5-hour road trip to see my relatives for a few days (my younger cousins haven't met baby yet and are super excited ... first baby in the family in 20 years!). We were planning to be up north 4 days, but after seeing what the excitement of Thanksgiving did to the little guy, we're scaling it back to 3 days for our (and his) sanity. He's in a wake-up-every-2-to-3-hours-at-night phase now so I can only imagine how he's going to sleep after being overstimulated all day and sleeping in a new place. We still plan on sticking with the schedule though and making sure he gets his naps in (and I'll nurse him so I can whisk him away from the action every few hours). I'm excited because I love going up north for Christmas, but I'm also excited for the time off we have from work at home until New Year's.
  • Options
    We have Xmas eve at my family's and will see DH family day before for my birthday. SIL/BIL are traveling to Ohio and MIL/FIL are traveling to FL for Xmas so that leaves us to be alone on Xmas. And I'm happy. We would have been the ones to host since we have the biggest house and we hosted Thanksgiving and while it was great it was a ton of work and took days to recover (us/house/cleaning) that I'm looking forward to relaxing and spending time home just the 3 of us watching holiday movies and cuddling up together. We have constantly been on the go and every weekend have had some type of visitor that it will be nice to just have our own time.
  • Options
    @kmcshane0211 I think we have the same mother and MIL.

Also, I hate hate hate Christmas.  For all of the above reasons and then some.  It'll be over soon, thank goodness.
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Options
    I'm bucking the trend.  This is my favorite Christmas ever!! We are in our new house so its my first year really decorating.  I just did a little bit every few days since Thanksgiving so it hasn't been too bad.  DS is almost 2.5 yrs so its also the first year that he is starting to understand and it has just been so amazing.  I love seeing him get so excited and tell me about his toys.  It seriously hurts my heart to see how big he has gotten but I'm loving the chance to experience the holidays through his little eyes. 

That said, we obviously have declined a few events and will continue to do so.  Its been good so far because we haven't pushed ourselves to take on more than we can handle. 
  • Options
    I usually love this time of year and getting together but this year...our first christmas is with my MIL and her bf (who my MIL insists LO call Grandpa). My MIL doesn't respect me as a mother, she wants to hold LO the whole time and would rather I let her give him a bottle instead of taking him to nurse. Then she proceeds to poke his nose and try and wake him up constantly which just leads to a cranky baby.

My second christmas is with my parents and little sister. My sister has decided that everything involving LO involves her. She just stares at me and LO, I feel like an animal at the zoo.

My last Christmas is with my FIL who has decided that he's pissed off at the world, doesn't say a word to anyone, pouts around our house the whole 3 hours they are with us and then blames his bad mood on my DH.

Frankly I'm looking forward to just getting time with my DH, LO and our 2 dogs Christmas night when it's all over!

Keeping you all in my thoughts and hope we all make this through without too many upsetting situations! Stay safe everyone!