Orange County Babies

St. Joseph vs UCI Medical Center -- Your Experience and Recommendations

mrsQuinn816mrsQuinn816 member
edited December 2015 in Orange County Babies
First time mom here, due in August. I don't have an OB-GYN yet, and am doing some research to find one. I am just realizing that when you choose the doctor, you're more or less choosing your delivery hospital dependent upon their affiliation/admitting privileges.  We live in Westminster, so although I'd love to deliver at HOAG, it's just a bit far for us geographically. 

I've narrowed it down to two choices: St. Joseph's or UCI Medical Center (both in Orange, CA).  I'm interested to hear your opinions and experiences, if you have delivered at either one of these hospitals.  Also, if you did deliver at one of these hospitals, who was your OB-GYN? What was your experience with them? Would you recommend? Pros/Cons?

I should also mention I prefer a female doctor, and am very nervous when it comes to doctor visits, in general...so someone with a calming bedside manner would be ideal.

I am seeing my primary tomorrow, for confirmation. I expect I will need to choose and OB-GYN and make my first prenatal appointment a couple weeks after that. Thank you so much for any help you can offer. I feel like a lost woman wandering in a sea of doctors! :D

Re: St. Joseph vs UCI Medical Center -- Your Experience and Recommendations

• First off congratulations :)
    I delivered at st. Josephs 8 weeks ago.
    My pros: they have alot of support with breastfeeding you can ask for help at anytime.
    They also have a thing called the golden hour, basically the first hour after dilivery it's just you and your baby.

Cons: they charge for parking!! Even if your the patient. And they won't waive it they will just give you a discount.
    Visitors also have to pay. Everyone pays.

Hope you find the place that best suites you. Good luck