March 2016 Moms
Options

Bruised or cracked ribs at 27 weeks!

I habe recently got over a terrible cold, with coughing and all that good stuff, but now when I lay on my one side or turn a certain way, my ribs kill me! I'm wondering if I should get it checked out to see if it's dangerous for the baby, especially if it's cracked or fractured. The pain is tolerable most times, just more of an annoyance really.

Re: Bruised or cracked ribs at 27 weeks!

• Options
    You can definitely check with your doctor but if you have a cracked rib you will know. It's not a tolerable or annoying pain. I hope you feel better though!
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    MelodyagsMelodyags member
    edited December 2015
    It's best to get it checked. If you just got over a bad cold and have a cough you could have Bronchitis, Pleurisy or Pneumonia. It may feel like your ribs but could be getting the pain from your lungs.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kynbar5 said:

You can definitely check with your doctor but if you have a cracked rib you will know. It's not a tolerable or annoying pain. I hope you feel better though!

this.
    me & my SO got into quite a bad accident a couple months ago. luckily, the only injury i had was a cracked sternum. I'll tell ypu though, the pain is not tolerable. it was brutal, so i doubt they're cracked/fractured. if anything, they're probably strained from all the coughing. definitely talk to your doctor though!
  • Options
    I don't think you can crack/fracture ribs just from coughing....its probably more separated than anything. Ive done that after having a nasty cough. Its rough! I hope you feel better soon.
    Bradley Houston - 04.01.13
  • Options
    I "slipped" a rib once. Went to the chiropractor and he popped it right back in. A slipped rib is less painful than a fracture or bruise, so could be a possibility in your case. 
    Married 7.29.05 :: DD1 5.11.10 :: DD2 1.23.13 :: Baby Boy due 3.13.16!

March 2016 January Siggy: Pregnant Lady Problems
  • Options
    My MIL fractured a rib from coughing when she was pregnant with my husband. She still talks about it all the time.
    Hope you feel better, OP

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama!