Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Retained tissue after d&c

I had my d&c on 11/12 after a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks.  I started my period at 4 weeks post d&c and was so excited.  but.... went into my fertility clinic to do a baseline ultrasound and blood work and they found retained tissue and my hcg was at a 7 (5 days into my period).  I was surprised I still got my period at a hcg of 7 and that my period didn't get rid of everything left after the d&c.  anyone have this happen?  did your body get rid of excess tissue the next period?

Re: Retained tissue after d&c

• Options
    I had this happen with my first d&c.  I thought that my period started a couple weeks after my d&c- and the ultrasound seemed to confirm that it was my normal period.  I bleed for roughly 2 months.  After a couple of weeks my doctor ordered another ultrasound and it was confirmed that there was some retained tissue.  It was suggested that I go through another d&c to remove the remaining- though I had just started a new job and couldn't take the time off.  We waited another month for my body to finally pass everything- with at least 3 rounds of the pills to help with the process.  All together my first miscarriage lasted 3 months.  Luckily we weren't trying again right away- so the stress wasn't as bad as if we were waiting to start a normal cycle again- but it was very difficult.  My advice would be to do whatever the doctors are recommending to remove the rest of the material.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18