Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Intro: 23.5 week loss

Hi everyone,

My name is Carmen. On December 9, I went in for my second level 2 scan at MFM. Before the tech put the probe on my belly, I looked at her and said "I can't look at the screen, I know she is gone." I sat on the chair all alone as she offered her condolences. A doctor who I had never met before came in and told me the placenta was thickened and fluid levels were low. Both had looked great a week prior. He was able to contact my regular ob 45 minutes away, order testing, and promised he would help me search for a reason.

I delivered my sleeping angel, Abigail, 12 hours after being given cytotec. My body had already been gearing up for labor. I didn't get to hold her first. I was rushed to the OR so they could stop the bleeding and remove the rest of the placenta.

I am so deeply hurt. I somehow knew I would never get my take home baby girl. I have an empty purple room that is making me so angry.

I want to try again, but I had a MC prior to this loss. I'm so scared. I have delivered a healthy baby boy, but I feel like that will never happen again.

Thank you for reading, I have nowhere else to let it out.

Re: Intro: 23.5 week loss

• Options
    Oh, Carmen, my heart breaks for you. I can't imagine how difficult this must be. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.
  • Options
    Oh, I am so, so incredibly sorry. Thinking of you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so so sorry for your loss!
  • Options
    Carmen, I'm so terribly sorry you lost your baby girl. My heart aches for you. I can't imagine how you must be feeling, but please know you're not alone. I'm sending thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    Thank you everyone. I'm fortunate to have my family. My parents lost my 10 year old brother 15 years ago on the 17th, so they have been helping me walk this road of grief.

I just want answers, though I know it's not likely that I will get any.
  • Options
    Carmen, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I am glad you have a supportive family and that you have parents to turn to who can help you through this time. We're here to help you as well if you ever need support or some guidance. 
  • Options
    I am so sorry.
  • Options
    I am so saddened and sorry for your loss. It just doesn't seem fair. I wish you and your family well on your road through the grieving process.