Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

So confused, help?

So four weeks ago I had my 12 week scan to find that baby had stopped developing at around 2/3 weeks. The following Monday I opted for cytotec tablets and passed everything by Tuesday. 3 weeks later I'm showing positive tests, would hcg still be showing where I lost baby so early? is this a new pregnancy? Will test again in 5 days but if anyone has any thoughts or advice it would be much appreciated, I'm going out of my mind. X

Re: So confused, help?

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It took my body a full 4 weeks after my d&c to finally get a negative preg test. It was so hard knowing my body wasn't getting the signal when I knew that I wasn't pregnant anymore. Did your dr do an ultrasound to be sure your uterus was empty and you passed everything?
  • Options
    No they have just told me to test again in another week
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am not a doctor. It could happen prior to having a period, and if that is the case, congrats. More likely your hormones are still detected from previous pregnancy. I am surprised your doctor didn't do an ultrasound to make sure you were cleared out and no blood work was done to ensure a cleared miscarriage. I would question staying with this doctor. I know it can be hard to stand up to your doctor, but for your health, I would demand an ultrasound
  • Options
    I'd be very concerned about retained tissue and I'm also surprised there's no ultrasound. 
  • Options
    I'm not sure what your situation is, but for me, I found out about my missed miscarriage a month ago and my HCG is still over 2,000. My doc is doing blood work every week to ensure it goes down to 0. I am surprised your doc didn't do a u/s and blood work to check that the M/C was progressing. If I were you I'd consider requesting a u/s. Good luck.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    I was 8 weeks when I found out the baby was gone. I passed everything later that week and had my first hCG blood draw another week later. After that it took a month to get back to zero. It sucks still seeing that positive test waiting to get back to zero, but I imagine it's still lingering hCG from your loss.

I'm sorry for your loss.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!