October 2015 Moms

DH keeps shoving pacifier in baby's mouth *vent*

wack0032wack0032 member
edited December 2015 in October 2015 Moms
DH keeps shoving pacifier in in baby's mouth and if she spits it out he says "she's hungry". I've told him a million times that she only likes the pacifier if she's tired and wants to go to sleep. Not wanting the pacifier doesn't mean she's hungry. She could want to play or just chill without having a pacifier continually shoved in her mouth.

Our baby also hates being fed when she's not hungry, so he just makes her even fussier by trying to then shove a bottle in her mouth or try to have me BF her.

So frustrating that he doesn't listen to me about what she wants (you know, the person that spends 24/7 with her).

Re: DH keeps shoving pacifier in baby's mouth *vent*

• wack0032wack0032 member
    edited December 2015
  • My husband is a pacifier shover too! Even when our son isn't being fussy he will offer it to him. Like whyyyyyy?! Lol maybe it's a dad thing but I'm glad I'm not the only one having that battle!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes. Even when she's not fussy, he'll give it to her. I'm obviously not opposed to using it to soothe her when she's fussy/sleepy, but I also don't want her to be so addicted to it that she needs it in her mouth 24/7.

It also makes it harder for me to see the cues of when she actually IS hungry. Argh.
  • My husband does that too.. If he is holding her, he gives the paci right away even if she is content. And if she is crying, he is certain she either wants to paci or boob. Gotta love husbands!! ;)