Eating often enough ?? — The Bump
Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Eating often enough ??

My 3 month old has only nursed 6 times today from 5am- now 8pm.. He will must for 5-10 mins max. He seems fine in every aspect (sleep, mood, peeing/pooping) but I worry b/c he spits up ALL THE TIME. Sometimes it looks like he's spit up his whole meal. He's been like this since birth. He's gaining weight per our last appt 2 weeks ago. I'm just worried he's not eating enough/often enough & I haven't noticed until now

Re: Eating often enough ??

• The spitting up would concern me, too, but they always say if they're gaining weight, then they're fine.
  • My little one is 11 weeks and she has consistently only ate 6-7x/day since birth. Her average nursing session now is 10 mins, sometimes a little longer just before bedtime.

If he doesn't seem uncomfortable and is gaining and having normal pee/poop then I wouldn't worry. That said, if it stresses you out, doesn't hurt to call the nurse line or email your dr just for peace of mind.
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• Loading the player...
  • I thought about you yesterday! My daughter turned 3 months yesterday and I realized that she doesn't nurse near as often as she used to. Hope this makes you feel better!
  • The spitting up would concern me, too, but they always say if they're gaining weight, then they're fine.
    This. You've got to listen to the Pedi when it comes to this, even if the spit up seems like a lot.

PlainJane8350