3rd Trimester
Options

We can do this... Right?!

Any other FTM have random panic modes like how the heck am I supposed to do this?!
I'm 30 weeks and wonder how on earth that I'm going to adequately care for this little person growing inside of me? I mean... I forgot to put on a bra yesterday when getting dressed for goodness sake!
Everyone says oh I bet you're so excited to meet him! Well yes, but I need him to cook a while longer so I can try and figure this out, lol.
STM's plus, I send up props to you... I can't imagine having two LO's (and a boyfriend :) to rely on me!

Re: We can do this... Right?!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @itstheblackwidowbaby oh! Fantastic! I can handle that! Y'all are doing a hell of a job from what I see posted on here then :)
  • Options
    You can totally do it @dragonfly321!  It's definitely a learning curve though.  Believe me with my first I had NO idea what I was doing.  with #2 it was a bit easier.  you've got this :)
    My Baby Penguins
    DD1: 9/19/11
    DS: 1/1/14
    DD2: 1/31/16

• Options
    I have those panic attacks too, the idea that I'm going to be a mom in less then 3 months is so overwhelming. I swing wildly between excitement and panic. It doesn't help that my husband is Mr Baby Crazy and keeps making jokes about how inept I'm going to be. I told him if he cracks one more joke I'm going to beat him with a crib leg! I find focusing on the silly stuff, like painting the nursery and making a registry keeps me from being overwhelmed.
  • Options

Any other FTM have random panic modes like how the heck am I supposed to do this?!
    I'm 30 weeks and wonder how on earth that I'm going to adequately care for this little person growing inside of me? I mean... I forgot to put on a bra yesterday when getting dressed for goodness sake!
    Everyone says oh I bet you're so excited to meet him! Well yes, but I need him to cook a while longer so I can try and figure this out, lol.
    STM's plus, I send up props to you... I can't imagine having two LO's (and a boyfriend :) to rely on me!

100% with you on this!! i havent been around a baby, any baby really, in a good 10yrs. havent even held a baby since then. i have NO idea wtf I'm doing, & now i have to actually take care of/raise my own. I'm freaking terrified!!
    I'm so thankful i have such a supportive SO (though he knows about as much as me) & family to help me out with my LO. it definitely takes some of the pressure off. i think I'm also gunna take a child care essentials/breast feeding class so i feel a little more prepared.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one feeling paniced (:
  • Options
    Not a FTM anymore but i'm freaking out about having 2U2. DS is 14 months and starting to walk/run from me and keeps me from being able to sit down for 5 mins right now and i'm just like how can I handle this and a newborn when H works so much I feel like i'm on my own most days. Good luck @dragonfly321 but from your posts the last few months I think you will do just fine :)
  • Options
    @mamacastro Awww thank you! And if not... There are always the bottles of wine in my cabinet I've Been eyeing over the past 7 months :wink:
  • Options
    I try to NOT over think it all, since I'm a FTM myself. Though, my mind gets me overwhelmed and worried about the whole..."Am I gonna just kick the bucket right then? Or later on?! What about delivering the placenta?! Holy crap. This is scary!" Lol! I think a lot of moms, first time or not, have many fears. I think most women have these three main ones; Not being able to be a good mom, death, and the pain of it all! Mine are the last two. But hey. Women do this ALL the time, and have dealt with the pain!
  • Options
    @ZoeyRaeJames I tell myself "women have been doing this forEVER- get over yourself" when I'm feeling particularly moody/bitter/whiny about all the pains of pregnancy. It helps a lot! I think my biggest fear is the beginning- learning to breastfeed, figuring out his cries, not going crazy or getting down on myself.
  • Options
    When my daughter was born I'd lie awake at night listening to her breath and tell God it seemed pretty irresponsible of Him to make me souly responsible for such a helpless little person lol. I can't keep a potted plant alive! But you take it one day, sometimes one moment at a time. I'm nervous with a very dramatic, active 2 year old, I feel like I'm going to be in way over my head. But one day at a time lol. That's what I keep telling myself
  • Options
    groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited December 2015
    So yesterday, it was decided very suddenly that i was to be induced. I went into full panic mode for about two minutes. Then got excited. And stayed pretty excited until it was time to insert the foley catheter. And even as it was happening, i didn't think i'd get through it but i did. Now I'm waiting for that to work and it's been a long wait. Fairly comfortable, quite boring. A few contractions and they're not that bad so far. And i realized something. As it comes, your brain and body manage. Your mind is fighting it but your body does the work. 

It's funny how getting through this stuff is never as hard as thinking about how you're going to get through it. 

When the time comes, you do it because you have to. I haven't hit active labor yet. But the more BS i deal with, the more i realize that it's really this simple. You do it because you have to. 

And they watch you like a hawk. The second things look bad, they get bubby out of there. 
  • Options
    Love this thread!
    I have been having many freak outs as my pregnancy was a total surprise! We had to move between relative's houses 3 times until we got a place of our own, my partner had to get a job in our new town and so I've had barely any time to prepare for the baby!
    I found the best thing was making sure I've got all the baby stuff ready, cot made up, crib by our bed, car seat in, and I've taken childbirth classes. I've read the contented little baby book by Gina Ford which has helped prepare me if I decide to follow her routines (still undecided yet). Apart from that reading posts like this is the best thing. Realise everyone is in the same boat and find a way to raise your baby that's right for you. As long as baby is happy then you're doing nothing wrong :)
  • Options
    My youngest of 3 is 10 weeks old, and I agree that no one knows what they're doing and number of kids makes no difference because every baby is different.

There is a whole industry around what you need to be a good parent, and to help your baby excel, and books on how to do it "right" and sure some of the products are useful, and some of the books have good ideas, but really what works for me and my baby may not work for you and your baby.

Trust yourself, and best wishes to you.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    When I had my first at age 20 I had never even held a baby before. I had to keep calling the nurses in to change his diaper and clothes because that's how much I didn't know. Lol. You will learn, just like with anything else in life. :)
  • Options
    Love this thread so I am going to comment.  About a year ago I had to stay up ALL NIGHT with my husband being sick, and I told my dad there was no way I could be a parent.  He told me no one is born knowing how to do it, that every single day is a learning experience in life, and especially in parenting.  That made me feel better.
    Jana Lynn
     Happily married since 5/24/2015  Momma of a baby Viking since 4/16, expecting #2 in 5/18
  • Options
    It's nice to read all the positivity and encouragement from you lady's. I've never dealt with a baby under a year old before, so this is all very new to me as well. My EDD is quickly approaching and I keep having these awful anxiety dreams that I forget to feed my baby, change his diaper, leave him in the car for hours, etc. But you all give me hope that it'll all be okay :smile: 
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Sweet_DSweet_D member
    edited February 2016
    I was terrified before I had my first. I was never really good with kids/ babies and neither of us have ever dealt with babies. our first diaper change ever was as we were leaving the hospital to go home with our baby. I was scared, unsure and had a ton of anxiety on how we were going to keep this tiny human alive. 
    But, we managed and figured it out! There was a lot of trial and error, and confusion about why the baby was crying and what we could do to soothe him. But before I knew it, we had a routine that worked, and despite some days of "What the hell am I doing", we survived and our baby did too :)  you can do this!!!!
    This is so me! The running joke is I'll watch a friends' tween in a heartbeat before I'll hold anyone's baby!! I've never changed a diaper either. 
  • Options
    I panic about it daily. I'm absolutely terrified.