July 2016 Moms
Options

STM (or more) - When did you first feel the baby move?

2»

Re: STM (or more) - When did you first feel the baby move?

• Options

I'm sure I felt flutters, but I wrote them off as gas. I didn't feel definite kicks until after 20 weeks. By the time I was sure they were kicks, you could feel them from the outside.

At first and for a long while, I could only feel them really low, near my pubic bone. Then one day- BAM- I could feel them above my belly button. My placenta was anterior, so until he was a decent size I couldn't feel kicks through it- just above and below.

Btw, anyone else out there NOT particularly enjoy the feeling of movement? I know it's very important to know health of your baby, and a nice reassurance when they finally roll over when they haven't moved all day, but more often than not I really didn't enjoy it. Towards the end the kicks are painful, and may have lead to a few wardrobe changes when the bladder was involved. And the rolling was always nauseating. Literally like being on a roller coaster- but without the fun parts.

Yeah, the first few months of it are alright. But when it interferes with sleeping I'm so over it! It frickin hurts sometimes
  • Options
    It was about 19 weeks I felt flutters and about 24 weeks till my hubby could feel the kicks. I used to get a kick if i sang too loudly in the car. Mostly Radiohead or Greenday caused most upset :wink:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    About 17 weeks, and it felt like when a fish grazes by your leg in the ocean. :)
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • Options
    I felt them at 16 weeks with DS!
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    18.5 weeks. My husband could feel them the same day and that night you could see the bump shift (not poking feet or anything but the curve would be on one side then you'd see it move to the other). I felt mild roller coaster sensations for about a week beforehand but didn't realize it was the baby. Once they were stronger I put it together. It's amazing and totally weird at the same time :)
  • Options
    1st - Flutters at 18wks, got confirmation it was actually movement not gas at 19wks.
    2nd - 17.5wks
    3rd - 19wks because I had anterior placenta.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    With my DD I started to feel flutters around 18 weeks, and my DH could feel noticeable kicks from the outside right between 20 weeks and 21 weeks.  I'm assuming it'll be a bit earlier this time around.