Secondary IF

~~ 2IF Weekly Check In (12/7/15) ~~

Status Cycle:

QotW: Let's talk about the winter holiday symbols/tools/decorations, and what makes them special to you. I.e. - live tree or fake? Wreaths and garlands? Lights? Lawn ornaments? Special tree ornaments? Family heirloom menorah? Nutcracker soldier you've had since you were a kid? That sort of thing. Tell me about your favorite(s)!
Me: 43, DH: 41
DS b. 7/4/2011 via c/s
TTC #2 since 1/2015
8/2015 - "unexplained IF", started Levothyroxine
9/27/15 - IUI #1 (unmedicated) - BFN
10/26/15 - IUI #2 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN
11/21/15 - IUI #3 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN
12/18/15 - IUI #4 (100mg Clomid + Ovidrel) - BFN

Re: ~~ 2IF Weekly Check In (12/7/15) ~~

• Status Cycle: AF is on her way, I can feel it. Probably today and tomorrow. I'm going to go back to RE and will try another medicated cycle, but whether or not I'll do another IUI or we'll just try TI is still up in the air. I was away for the weekend so DH and I haven't had a chance to regroup and talk about it. Last he said to me was that he wasn't sure he even wanted to keep trying. Ugh...

QotW: We always get a live tree - I just love the smell, and to me the mess it makes is worth it. We also have a family heirloom menorah, which alternates between my sister and me year by year. This year is her year with it, so we've been using one I bought a while back. I also still hang the stocking my mom made for me when I was a kid. Very special! :)

DS b. 7/4/2011 via c/s
    TTC #2 since 1/2015

• big hugs @ErikaMG. this shit never gets easier. i hope DH stays on board with whatever your heart wants to pursue. IF is such a bitch on a marriage. ugh.

CD: 4dpo from yet another fucked up cycle with +opk on CD11. it stayed pos for another day so i'm hoping i actually O'd closer to a normal day so my lining had a chance... not like it matters.

QOTW: has to be alive tree. as a kid my mom shlepped out this godawful plastic thing every year and she would destroy it with 9 different kinds of lights, about 12873918269836 decorations, you get the idea. it was like santa threw up on the tree. so when i started my own traditions i was all about the perfect tree, a la Pottery Barn or some shit. organized. pretty.

Me: 36, DH: 36
    DH's SA = normal
    1 tube only wonder
    AFC 3-5, AMH 0.30

BFP #1 3/29/11.  EDD 12/4/11... Missed m/c 5/9/11. Cytotec fail. D&C 5/17/11.
    BFP #2   7/5/11.  EDD 3/14/12... Our rainbow Kellen born 3/14/12 via c/s.
    BFP #3 5/30/13.  EDD 2/8/14...  6wk u/s HB 126. 8wk u/s lost HB. D&C 7/12/13.
    BFP #4 2/18/14.  EDD 10/30/14... Ruptured ectopic with L tube removed & D&C 3/7/14.
    BFP #5 7/27/14.  EDD 4/9/15...  m/c @ 5w4d.

IVF #1    Oct 2014 - antagonist protocol: 9R, 7M, 5F. 3dt of 3 Grade 2 embies. BFN. 
    IVF #2    Jan 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.  Converted to IUI #1. BFFN
    IVF #2.1 March 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.

BFP #6  (SUPRISE!) 3/19/15.  EDD 11/30/15...  CP at 4w2d.
    IUI #2:    Clomid + Follistim = 3 follies. BFN.
    IVF #2.2 May 2015 - horrible response to micro lupron flare protocol: 3R, 3M, 3F. 3dt of 2 Grade 3 embies. BFFN. 

BFP #7 (beyond surprised again!) 4/26/16. EDD 1/5/17. beautiful betas!!!! and then near-fatal hemorrhagic corpus luteum. turns out baby was ectopic after all; another lap 5/6 (@24dpo).

the universe can fuck off.

"You are overly paranoid and delusional that every one is out to get you." -lastsliverofhope

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    all AL welcome. TTC #2 for 43 44 months.
    follow my infertility journey here at timestandsstillblog.com

• Loading the player...
  • Jodee37 said:

QOTW: has to be alive tree. as a kid my mom shlepped out this godawful plastic thing every year and she would destroy it with 9 different kinds of lights, about 12873918269836 decorations, you get the idea. it was like santa threw up on the tree. so when i started my own traditions i was all about the perfect tree, a la Pottery Barn or some shit. organized. pretty.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You had me laughing so hard I snorted! :) I can totally picture your mom's tree.... my aunt does that too! "Santa threw up on the tree" GREAT description, very accurate! ;)

I totally agree about the live tree. Makes it so much more down-to-earth somehow.
    DS b. 7/4/2011 via c/s
    TTC #2 since 1/2015

• @ErikaMG- sorry and screw AF.  It sucks... I'm thinking about you...it is so hard.

Cycle Status:  Still waiting to see if our one little frozen embryo is genetically normal.  The results take such a long time.

QOTW:  We have been using the same menorahs for the past few years.  We take out all 3 that we own since we have them, but we only light one.  This year, I bought one of these stupid gel decorations for our window... worst idea ever.  My son was pulling them off and sticking them everywhere and then I had to find all the little pieces and make sure I got all of them.  Now, the whole thing is in the garbage-- buh bye.  Oh-- and we have a menorah in the window.  I asked DH if he thinks our menorah is sad because it sees all the fabulous Christmas decorations across the street and we just have a lonely little menorah.  Our neighbors are something special.. their house looks like Santa's Wonderland-- I feel lucky we get to live across the street and see it everyday.

Good luck ladies!!!  As always, thinking and praying for the best for all of you and your families!
  • @GK2009 - Thanks hon. Yeah, it's really hard. Hard on the psyche, hard on the heart, hard on your marriage, hard on your finances... ugh. Here's to hoping there's a light at the end of the tunnel for us all! FX that your embie is genetically sound and you can move forward!
    DS b. 7/4/2011 via c/s
    TTC #2 since 1/2015

• Cycle Status:  CD 11 but not doing any treatment this month due to a cyst. Went in today to be checked and the cyst did get a little smaller and the estrogen it is giving off did go down.  We are meeting with the RE in the next 2 weeks to make an IVF plan.  So we are planning IVF in januaray.  I am so nervous because my DH only wants to spend the money for one round and I am just so nervous I won't respond well to the meds and we will get no eggs.  with DOR I will be lucky to get 4-6 eggs and am scared we will get less or none.  

QOTW:  we sadly don't have any fun heirlooms or anything like that.  We celebrate hanukkah so we usually light 2 menorahs. One that DH and I got as an engagment gift that I just think is gorgeous and the other is a construction site/trucks one that my dad bought my son last year.  This year my son is really more into the holiday as he has learned about it at school and sings songs and likes to help light the candles.  
  • Hi again!  I just wanted to share that my one little embryo is genetically sound!  Woo-hoo!  I still have a bunch of obstacles ahead of me, but this is the furthest I have ever come in this IVF process.  They said that the lab is closed the last 3 weeks of December for the holidays so I was put on a waiting list for my FET.  I may have to wait until February... the wait game just kills me... but at this point I am putting everything in their hands since they got me this far....

I hope you are all doing well!!!
  • @GK2009 That's amazing holiday news! I'm so very happy for you.

@ErikaMG Sending you love... Seriously the worst part of every month... Even when I feel it coming, I always cross my fingers before every bathroom trip... Freaking blows..

Cycle Status: Just finished AF at the beginning of the week. Currently waiting to get down to business and pretend like there is any chance of it working naturally. Is there anything worse than sex during an unmedicated cycle? I'm trying hard to keep it from being "all business", but y'know...

QOTW: @Jodee37 my mother is SO that mother! I try to keep my decorations "classic" but simple. We have an heirloom tree skirt that goes around our artificial tree (DH has allergies). I also have a beautiful hand crocheted table skirt my great-great-great-grandmother made. Oh and @GK2009, my DS is obsessed with those gel things! He loves putting them up and playing with them. I've since discovered that when stuck to a white wall, they leave a nasty grease mark you cant remove...ughhhh.

• @GK2009 that is amazing news. I am so excited for you.  You give me hope too because I know you have DOR and so do I..We are getting ready to do IVF in January so you help me have confidence that even if we don't get many eggs there is still a chance!!!!